Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11 documentary

If anyone saw this program, it makes you realize how trivial the drama is that is demonstrated on this board...i was a mile away from the tradgey when it happened and i hate to bring it up again, but my heart goes out to all affected and we should never forget the ones we care about

This was the second thime that I have seen this footage. CBS did a great job with it. But the original footage was worse. They edited alot of sounds (screams, jumpers hitting the floor, etc). Having 2 brothers who are firemen ,having 7 friends (4 FDNY) who were killed that day, and the fact that i'll be on the job by the end of the summer made it really tough to watch. A few of my friends were in the beginning of the show when they were filming at the fire academy. I had tears in my eyes the whole time and i was just thanking god for keeping my brothers safe that day. At first I was against cbs airing this stuff but after seeing the finished product, I am glad they did. It just makes you realize that Firemen and Cops are the real heros and people like Derek Jeter is JUST A BASEBALL player.

I preferred not to watch it, even though I it was an important firsthand piece of history, I was afraid of what I would have seen.

The events in the footage that I already had seen was very disturbing subject matter for me. I know that it resonates directly with some people, but I can’t handle the horrid stories of body parts and burning victims that were told.

The events of that that day changed the world for us Americans in ways that we have yet to experience or comprehend, the The bodies falling. The building collapsing. The debris cloud approaching. It's all unforgettable!! Just like you said unclebuc you already no longer see baseball players at your role models, and I’m sure that you’re not alone with that.

Guest saleen351

my only problem with the show was at the end Deniro was reading his lines soooooooo bad it was terrible, You'd think a actor of his caliber who memorize them or get a better camera crew to film it. It kinda lessened the impact of it for me.... (his part not the entire show)..........

Originally posted by johnnyblackroc

Apology accepted. I just get a bit emotional about this topic. Sorry bro!!!!!

Speaking about emotional read this web page... http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/index.html so hard to look at the pictures of the little ones that were so young...well to tell the truth to look at anyone and to know they arent here...its hard...I always think about, the tremendous courage of all of those people -- the rescue workers, just the ordinary citizens, they conducted themselves with such bravery