Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How here goes to school full time?

Ok, so I'm getting ready to go to college full time for the first time. I dont know why but since I have not being in school for a couple of years I think it will be kind of hard. I just will like to know how here goes to college, which one and how do you combine studying and having fun?

i go to baruch full time and work part time and go out almost every friday and some saturdays. I havent really had much of a workload this semester despite taking 17 credits, so that has helped a lot. just pace yourself, try not to procrastinate too much, and create blocks of time where you get schoolwork done.

:hat:

As long as you know your limits and weaknesses and try to avoid them, you'll be ok...don't put off studying till the last minute, try to go to classes the first few weeks so you can skip some towards the end of the semester and it won't be such a big deal...and it will all balance out. I go to school full-time, work part-time as an editor and it's not too bad.

Originally posted by rdancer

All you need is some sort of Schedule, ya know dont blow your load all in one day, budget time like you budget a checkbook!:D

I am with you man, it is all about the time budgeting.

Also don't let your partying get in the way of your schoolwork. Those braincells are important. Go out, but don't wile out til the summer.

Just my $.02

Keep some kind of book or something with all your assignments and due dates scheduled in it. If I don't do that I inevitably end up in class shitting bricks as everyone else hands in their finished 10 page papers. Other than that, just do your work during that day, and that way you know you have time to be out at night. I go to Georgetown and I worked as a promoter for almost 2 years, and I almost always had time to go to my parties 4 of 7 nights per week.

Hey man i hear the dilemna you're in... if you haven't been to school in a while regardless of your nightlife, you might want to take a light workload this semester to get reaquainted with actually studying. I had to do that this semester at Rutger's. I also work full time and party every friday.. I find that busting your ass during the week makes the friday night release that much more satisfying... unfortunately work on saturday morning normally kills my night earlyso.. yeha if you find a job with extra openingsthat pays around 12 an hour(what i get now), hook a brotha up!!!

to get good grades at a full time school you need to get wasted on a variety of psychadelic drugs...cover yourself in peanut butter, go to the ag school, jump on a cow and ride it into an elm tree, then get spotted by the cops, start running, throwing off your clothes because you think you will run faster, loose the cops while you streak through campus, then run into a girl you have the hots for, and you fuck her in the shower, then gives you some clothes to go home with, you wind back to your dorm around 6am, smoke two big bowls, then study for the next 3 hours for a 10am final....END RESULT - B+

"ONLY IN DELAWARE":D

Prety much dedication, time budgeting and moderation covers it all. Just like I was thinking.

Know I just have to find dedication, moderation and learn how to budget my time.

I can do it! I can do it! I can do it!

Originally posted by clubmouse

to get good grades at a full time school you need to get wasted on a variety of psychadelic drugs...cover yourself in peanut butter, go to the ag school, jump on a cow and ride it into an elm tree, then get spotted by the cops, start running, throwing off your clothes because you think you will run faster, loose the cops while you streak through campus, then run into a girl you have the hots for, and you fuck her in the shower, then gives you some clothes to go home with, you wind back to your dorm around 6am, smoke two big bowls, then study for the next 3 hours for a 10am final....END RESULT - B+

"ONLY IN DELAWARE":D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you can find a school with no attendance policy it help alot too- like at SJU there is the school of business, the school of professional studies, and the school of liberal arts and sciences (thats where i'm enrolled) the other two except mine all have attendance policies, all of my profs could care less if you show up as long as your there for the exams and you hand in papers on time...

Bern

I go to Rutgers full-time.. I've basically gotten on the schedule of weekdays consisting of going to work, going to class, and getting to bed at a reasonable hour.. whereas the weekend is dedicated to doing whatever da fuck I want..