Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Kosheen - Resist - the new album

anyone get that yet? besides the beautifyl cover art, this album rocks. a funny side note, i was buying this cd at HMV on 5th and 48th and im about to pay to the cashier, and guess who comes walking in! Yehud Barak, the ex PM of Israel, comes in with 2 scary looking body guards, and asks where the classical section is. i shook his hand asked him 'Mah Nishma', hes a real nice guy. anyway the album is excellent, check it out

Originally posted by thomaskm1

check out this months mixmag(uk) for free Kosheen D&B mix too

That mix is decent, but not that great. There's some nice tracks on there though (Future's Call, Hush Hush, etc).

As for Kosheen's album, it's a lot of genre crossings...so it's not strictly drum n bass...which is sorta disappointing but at the same time a bit nice.

Probably not gonna see 'em though. I think the band might be going a little far... :tongue:

Originally posted by xpander

That mix is decent, but not that great. There's some nice tracks on there though (Future's Call, Hush Hush, etc).

As for Kosheen's album, it's a lot of genre crossings...so it's not strictly drum n bass...which is sorta disappointing but at the same time a bit nice.

Probably not gonna see 'em though. I think the band might be going a little far... :tongue:

gonna have to agree with you yet again :P

its good to see some dnb get some pseudo-mainstream exposure..

but Hide U and Suicide are MAD OLD tracks!!! Hell, even I remixed Hide U :P (live remix though, with the acapella, not actually on vinyl, i Wish!)

Lou (^_^)

Originally posted by bluewater

but Hide U and Suicide are MAD OLD tracks!!! Hell, even I remixed Hide U :P (live remix though, with the acapella, not actually on vinyl, i Wish!)

Lou (^_^)

Hey, you going to Intalex tonight?

I'm trying to have my intalex and some detroit too...gotta find a way to do both parties without payin' fer both.. :tongue:

Originally posted by bluewater

Lou (^_^)

Though I have to say that the "mainstream" exposure is probably thanks to the prog house remixes of Hide U (like it or not). I doubt this album would be as popular if Hide U and Suicide were both left in their Drum n Bass forms.