Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: Those who went to shelter last night

I know Xpander and joeg were considering it.

How was it, people. I attepted to get there, being dropped off at 59th and 5th Ave by the cab, but it was looking MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD shady .

There were cops hangin around, and lots of creepy people around there. Smurfette got a lil scared, and we ended up going to the up-all-night diner all night :rolleyes:

So how was saunderson?/? How was Carl craig?/?

:confused:

Originally posted by lavendermenace

DONT ASK!!!

saunderson and craig didnt play, and thats not even the half of it.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You know, i had a fishy feeling from the dude who posted it.... he seemed to be of the shady variety as well

AWWWWWWWWW FIDDLESTIX :hat2:

WAIT IT GETS BETTER THIS IS THE EMAIL THE PROMOTER SENT ME

To: promotions@clubplanet.com

Cc:

Subject: SPEND THE NIGHT w/CARL CRAIG & KEVIN SAUNDERSON

Sent: 3/15/02 6:35 PM

Importance: Normal

PARTY PEOPLE,

As I said to you in the beginning of the year, My Crew and I had big things in store for 2002. After 6 weeks of intense but quiet work, we are set to make good on that promise.

This weekend, we present to you the culminative results of not only those 6 weeks, but, the 2 years I have spent reacquainting myself with dance culture after leaving for a year to live and work in Tokyo and a year spent outside of the scene trying my hand at other things in life.

At long last I am back.

For those of you who have been been a part of New York club culture and the global dance community, you know the high quality events my name has long been associated with. I am once again ready to entertain at those levels and beyond. Those of you who have spent less time as a part of this will now see how and why I've often been referred to as THE BEST PROMOTER EVER...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 15th, 2002

I invite you to

SPEND THE NIGHT

and every friday night at THE SHELTER

20 west 39th street (between 5th & 6th avenues)

in the greatest city on earth.

Presenting music in the main room

on the world renowned PHAZON SOUND SYSTEM

two of dance music's living legends:

CARL CRAIG & KEVIN SAUNDERSON

Downstairs in the gallery:

PAUL SLATER (DJ from the PRADA opening party)

with an afterhours set by JEF K (Respect is Burning - Paris)

Doors open 10pm - 8am.

for guestlist email:

urbangroovepXXXXXXX@yahoo.com

press credentials/media/vip list:

spend_the_nightXXXXX@yahoo.com or alan@XXXXXXX.XXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expect nothing but the FINEST in DJ and live music. No expense has been spared. No cost deemed too high. Without giving too much away, we have artists like BUGZ IN THE ATTIC (talkin' loud), DOC MARTIN, ROBERT ARMANI, PAUL JOHNSON, KING BRITT, MATEO & MATOS, JUAN ATKINS, PEPE BRADOCK, TORTURED SOUL, GENE FARRIS, MODAJI as well as San Francisco's OM RECORDS presenting a monthly party; all in the short weeks that lay ahead.

In April we expand from 2 floors to 4. Giving us the opportunity to create what we feel will be the ultimate arena for escape and fantasy.

It is such a pleasure to be a part of as fabled an organization as the Shelter family. You can make it happen with us.

Every friday come to the shelter and spend the night.

Alan Sanctuary

:laugh:

What a mess.

yeah, i thought it was kinda odd how that person posted about that, and i nor anyone else i knew had really heard about it. i went to see intalex upfront, so it was a good night. but who was the promoter that said that those other guys were gonna play there?

Lou (^_^)

Yeah, they only decided to book all of THREE PARTIES in that same stupid club...

This turned into one of those textbook nightmare clubnights for quite a few people.

Misinformation everywhere, pissed off techno fans (sorry Shannon... :( ) left and right...

Sigh...at least Intalex rocked...the ONE good thing of the night...

Originally posted by gmccookny

I know Xpander and joeg were considering it.

How was it, people. I attepted to get there, being dropped off at 59th and 5th Ave by the cab, but it was looking MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD shady .

There were cops hangin around, and lots of creepy people around there. Smurfette got a lil scared, and we ended up going to the up-all-night diner all night :rolleyes:

So how was saunderson?/? How was Carl craig?/?

:confused:

uh, dude... shelter is on THIRTY 9th.

just ya know, fyi.

Originally posted by thehacker

uh, dude... shelter is on THIRTY 9th.

just ya know, fyi.

ooooooops, that's what i meant to say :tongue:

But either way, it was a shady area, and that turned me away. So i guess that was for the better, anyway.