Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior show or no show

brianthomas

Originally posted by kaydup

Ha ha shut up. He didn't even show, now that is messed up.

So how was Friday then??

I didn't go either...just read a few words about the night on the Avalon board....not much was said though so it doesn't seem like that good of a night. With Cox last weekend, S&D next weekend and WMC coming up i'm sure a lot of people stayed away. Plus there were better nights happening in NYC and Montreal.

Would have loved to have heard Ali and Lucien rip it up though. Been way too long since I have heard Ali spin :(

"Junior had to go into the hospital for last minute minor surgery friday morning due to issues relating to something like irritated or enflamed tissue in his back. he is fine, but not playing gigs for 10 days or so. he did not play at Rise that night.

the gig is being rescheduled. the date will be announced shortly."

According to the Avalon website

Avalon was whacked on Friday. No one really knew what was going on, myself included. I knew JV wasn't spinning in Avalon (which is fine because he sucks), but we thought Louie Vega was spinning there instead. Turns out it was actually Perry Ferell in Avalon w/ Louie in Axis. Either I spent most all of my night in the Axis upstairs listening to Lucien Foort who was playing a great set on an AWFUL little system. They must have added speakers to the upstairs, but Lucien couldn't get a good feel for them. He had the system cranked WAY too high... people were covering their ears on the dance floor... bad case of insta-ringing.. OUCH!

We did a lap around Avalon/Axis/Embassy to hear what was going on. Whoever was spinning in Avalon was playing crappy songs that were REALLY easy to mix. Kind of like a kid starting out on decks playing songs he knows he can't screw up. Embassy was playing what I thought was latin house.. not bad. Axis was not my scene at all... I went down there to use teh bathroom at one point and I heard 100% grade A cheese being played... gross.

So, overall a not-so-great night... but the Axis upstairs was fun. I wish I had gotten to hear more of Ali's set.. his mixing that I heard was just insane (it's weird getting a drink at the bar and giving the DJ a head-nod to his mix while the bartender is serving you! :tongue: )

I'm not sure if any of this made any sense... last night was an adventure :D:drunk:

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

So, overall a not-so-great night... but the Axis upstairs was fun. I wish I had gotten to hear more of Ali's set.. his mixing that I heard was just insane (it's weird getting a drink at the bar and giving the DJ a head-nod to his mix while the bartender is serving you! :tongue: )

haha. Yeah, it's a weird set up upstairs with the DJ booth. I would hate it cause I always love hanging out in front of the booth. I'm sure they ripped those speakers apart. Not a good job re-arrainging DJ's with the predictable no show of JV.

I thought Louie Vega would be a bit better than what you described :confused: Thats too bad.

Originally posted by teamj5

haha. Yeah, it's a weird set up upstairs with the DJ booth. I would hate it cause I always love hanging out in front of the booth. I'm sure they ripped those speakers apart. Not a good job re-arrainging DJ's with the predictable no show of JV.

I thought Louie Vega would be a bit better than what you described :confused: Thats too bad.

Yeah, was anyone actually suprised that JV didn't show... he's a fucking loser. Get over yourself.

I've never heard worse sound than Axis upstairs... because the DJ booth is so far from the dance floor I don't think Lucien could tell how loud the speakers actually were on the floor... it was painful.

I didn't catch enough of Louie to really bash him or anything... I just heard one song that made me sick!