Clubplanet Nightlife Community

UNDERWORLD FINISH FOLOOW UP TO 'Beaucoup Fish' (article)

Karl Hyde and Rick Smith have finished the follow-up to 1999's 'Beaucoup Fish'

attachment.php?s=&postid=735085

Mar 19, 2002

Since the departure of Darren Emerson from Underworld in 2000 the remaining two members, Karl Hyde and Rick Smith, have been fairly quiet. Fans of the outfit will no doubt be pleased to hear that the reason for this is that they've been working on a new album, which they've just completed. Having spent a little over a year in the studio, the pair have said that this is the fastest peice of production that they've ever done; whether this bodes well or not remains to be seen.

Karl told the press, 'This is our 22nd year together. So it's made no change in terms of the working process. There's been a fantastic atmosphere this last couple of years and we just got on with it. After our last show in Tokyo we decided we wanted to stop everything and make music. We said to ourselves we're just gonna cut loose and write whatever we wanted to and however that came out was the album. So what's happened is the same people that worked on the record, that did most of the music on all the other records, have had a really great time.'

The duo will play their first live UK gig on August 24 at Creamfields and we'll certainly be interested to hear the fruits of their labours.

Words by: Brian Charleson

(Taken from Spaced.com)

Check out the UNDERWORLD sight

for discography and news:

--->http://www.v2music.com/underworld/<----

Originally posted by mugwump

That's ssooooo fucking crazy Quoth!

Amy and I were listening to that track

when we just read your response...

(Twilight zone music)

yo Quoth is everywhere.

btw, i am fuckin lovinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to hell that sig, and coincidentally when i saw the robot schematic before i read yer sig i automatically had that "WE ARE THE ROBOTS, dun dun di nun" we are the robots, we're functioning like u want us too,programming us what u want us to" yooooooooo muthafuckin..if pseudo ever gets there shit together and i finally throw down i was always gonna throw some kraftwerk down but never even got a chance to spin cause the fuckin time slots are always fucked. But definitely, THE MIX version of We Are The Robots was better then the original, not to mention i have the video for that song on tape...

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

THE VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FIRST "AMP" SHOW ON MTV, ON VIDEOTAPE....muthafuckin Quoth-Mugwumpia nostalgia night needs to happen sometime lol i got some phat video shit.