Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Summer is almost here and....

Summer is almost here and I know a lot of us have been hitting the gym, but what gym does everyone go to?

I used to go to Gold's but it was to far to drive, so I switched to Bally's but I didn't like the people, now I got to Olympus, because it is up the street from my house. Of all these gyms I think I like Gold's the best. So what gym does everyone else go to?

Originally posted by pipdaddy

GOLDS IS THE BEST. except now with all the fat people deciding they want to get in shape and all the kids home from college taking up alll the space.....

Thats the problem I had today when I went to the gym, that place was packed. That place is never packed, and I actually had to wait for a machine.

I go to Tiger Fitness is West Caldwell. It's a privately owned gym and raquet club. I like it because they have good equipment and it is NEVER crowded. However, everyone else that works out there is around 20 years oler than i am....I have frozen my member ship there for teh months of July and August because I will be down the shore and want to join smewhere down there. Does anyone knnow of any good gyms in the Ortley, Seaside/Toms River area?

Originally posted by cgm

I go to Tiger Fitness is West Caldwell. It's a privately owned gym and raquet club. I like it because they have good equipment and it is NEVER crowded. However, everyone else that works out there is around 20 years oler than i am....I have frozen my member ship there for teh months of July and August because I will be down the shore and want to join smewhere down there. Does anyone knnow of any good gyms in the Ortley, Seaside/Toms River area?

If there is a Golds down there then I would try that. Of all the places I have been to I liked Golds the best. Only reason I go to Olympus is that if I really wanted to I could walk to it, I'm that close.

Originally posted by amercali

West Essex YMCA plain and simple, but Golds is the best

GYM's now a days are almost like going to a club...Fancy looking, smells nice, serve drinks. Older ladies in their tights, posing while they strretch out & hit on the muscle heads. Guys that do 1 set every 20 minutes then in between thir sets walk around the gym loking in every mirror & walking up to any machine that they would never ever use because there is a hottie on the machine...& asking her if he can work a set in between hers..lol. :laugh: Gimme a gym with cement floors, brick walls and basement stench. With no AC, just old fans in every corner. Thats a gym. Jersey Shore Fitness Bradley Beach.

I'm not knockin the other gyms though..GOLDS is nice. Its the ppl.:tongue:

Originally posted by cgm

Does anyone knnow of any good gyms in the Ortley, Seaside/Toms River area?

There are no gyms on the Island so you have to go over the bridge--

KS Fitness--a little in from the corner of 37 West and Hooper

Jersey Shore Fitness-down Fischer Blvd.

Toms River Raquetball Club--on 37 East by the McDonalds (sucks though)

Powerhouse--In Brick

Originally posted by dibs

Summer is almost here and I know a lot of us have been hitting the gym, but what gym does everyone go to?

I used to go to Gold's but it was to far to drive, so I switched to Bally's but I didn't like the people, now I got to Olympus, because it is up the street from my house. Of all these gyms I think I like Gold's the best. So what gym does everyone else go to?

Which Golds Gym?? I used to work out at the Golds in Totowa. I loved that gym because it was sooo clean. This girl told me that there were other girls putting on make-up in the locker room before working out. Whats up with that?? :eek: Are you there to work out of pick up guys??

I work out at a Bally's in New York, I won't say which one because it's a DUMP!!! You can never find any dumbells, they're all over the place. It also smells like rotten ass.

:gas:

I go to my local gym.........smaller, less crowded, owned by all personal trainers and professionals...........very clean, all weights are in place and the equipment is top notch..........nice system with club music always banging..........

used to go to Gold's for years but the one by me became flooded with pretty boys and wannabes..........it's like a social club and the weights are all over the place..........had to take five 45 plates off the rack just to get to a 25.............it's unacceptable.........I'm much more focused where I am now and everyone is very cool.

:D

Originally posted by piro8

Which Golds Gym?? I used to work out at the Golds in Totowa. I loved that gym because it was sooo clean. This girl told me that there were other girls putting on make-up in the locker room before working out. Whats up with that?? :eek: Are you there to work out of pick up guys??

I work out at a Bally's in New York, I won't say which one because it's a DUMP!!! You can never find any dumbells, they're all over the place. It also smells like rotten ass.

:gas:

Golds in Totowa was the one I used to go to. And yes any gym you go to, there is going to be some girl putting on makeup in the locker room. And I am there to work out, dont get me wrong I do make friends at the gyms, but I usually end up working out with them.