Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Russians in NYC area

I know there are many russians in Brooklyn and Forest Hills. WHere else do many russian immigrants live in the tristate area??

if you are a russian lilving in NY or know any russians. share your views on Russians.

i ask because i might end or marrying a woman from Russia. and i don't want her to be too close to Russian towns in NY because that might prevent her from learning english and american culture. i know this is totall off topic, so please excuse me and reply if my post relates to your experience with Russians.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by entrepreneur

I know there are many russians in Brooklyn and Forest Hills. WHere else do many russian immigrants live in the tristate area??

if you are a russian lilving in NY or know any russians. share your views on Russians.

i ask because i might end or marrying a woman from Russia. and i don't want her to be too close to Russian towns in NY because that might prevent her from learning english and american culture. i know this is totall off topic, so please excuse me and reply if my post relates to your experience with Russians.

do u speak russian???

kak dela?

voz'mi?

razden' menya?

Ev, poidem vniz v tualet ya tebya hochu!

LOLOLOLOL

So basically, you're saying that you'd like to keep her away from people of her own culture, who she might be able to relate to? :rolleyes: Looks like a touching beginning to a truly beautiful marriage! :rolleyes:

In case I didn't already say this: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by hoke

So basically, you're saying that you'd like to keep her away from people of her own culture, who she might be able to relate to? :rolleyes: Looks like a touching beginning to a truly beautiful marriage! :rolleyes:

In case I didn't already say this: :rolleyes:

I don't think you get what he is saying. I mean if he were to move to an area comprised fully of russians or any ethnic group of that matter, it would in some way hinder her learning american language, etc. Because most ethnic groups tend to live in the same communities and they never realy adapt to american culture and some don't learn to speak the language fully. I mean look at china town, brignton beach etc. I mean the stores there are either in chinese or russian writing. I think also if you come to America is should be a necessity that you learn English

I think he just wants her to experience full diversity.

Yet for you entrepreneur....I mean you cant prevent her forever from mixing and mingling with her own people. She may also want to keep some of her culture. Why do you think NY is so diverse? We still most keep our heritage and background ya know;) But I do understand what you are trying to do...

Yet for you entrepreneur....I mean you cant prevent her forever from mixing and mingling with her own people. She may also want to keep some of her culture. Why do you think NY is so diverse? We still most keep our heritage and background ya know

That's exactly what I meant. And quite honestly, I think she should be given that opportunity. I mean, she'd be living with him, right? And she'd be living in the states, right? So she'd learn at least *some* English. She'll never speak the language perfectly anyway, because after a certain age, that's pretty much impossible (our language patterns become imprinted in our brains).

When I lived in Switzerland for three years, my mom did not have a chance to interact with Americans. She found Swiss culture alien and generally unwelcoming to her. She was very unhappy, and her life would have been a lot easier if she'd had access to an American community. I would hate to see that done to somebody *intentionally*.

entrepreneur's wife will have plenty of interaction with American culture -- much more than the people of Chinatown -- by virtue of the fact that he is American himself. Anything more than that should be up to her.

That's exactly what I meant. And quite honestly, I think she should be given that opportunity. I mean, she'd be living with him, right? And she'd be living in the states, right? So she'd learn at least *some* English. She'll never speak the language perfectly anyway, because after a certain age, that's pretty much impossible (our language patterns become imprinted in our brains).

When I lived in Switzerland for three years, my mom did not have a chance to interact with Americans. She found Swiss culture alien and generally unwelcoming to her. She was very unhappy, and her life would have been a lot easier if she'd had access to an American community. I would hate to see that done to somebody *intentionally*.

entrepreneur's wife will have plenty of interaction with American culture -- much more than the people of Chinatown -- by virtue of the fact that he is American himself. Anything more than that should be up to her.

I see your points, but yet if she does move to a mainly russian area, she may never fully adapt to american culture. I guess I have looked at it from two points. I don't believ that she cant learn the language fully either. Thats a bunch of bs IMO...I mean we are all capable of learning and comprehending the full language regardless of the age. It is possible nothing is impossible....

Originally posted by crystelbella21

do u speak russian???

kak dela?

voz'mi?

razden' menya?

Ev, poidem vniz v tualet ya tebya hochu!

LOLOLOLOL

ahahahahahahahaahahahaha

theres mad russian girls at nyu.. my boy joe is always askign them to teach him that shit.. lmao

well my gf is russian and lives in a part of brooklyn with mostyly russian and she speaks better english then me. she keeps with her culture but also american culture. i think if you try and move her away she won't liek that to much.

I don't believ that she cant learn the language fully either.

Well, you're right in a sense. Adults are fully capable of learning the vocabulary and semantics of a language. However, children are able to learn to speak the language without accent, which is very very difficult for adults to achieve.

My main sticking point on this whole thing, though, is the feeling I get that entrepreneur wants to control his new wife's life, including who she interacts with. If she wants to interact with fellow Russians, why not? I mean, if you choose to marry a Russian, shouldn't you accept her culture, too, not just try to force yours onto her?

EDIT: I'm not saying that it won't be beneficial for her to get as much exposure to American culture as possible, but I also think it would be really good for her to have easy access to people of her own culture.

Well, you're right in a sense. Adults are fully capable of learning the vocabulary and semantics of a language. However, children are able to learn to speak the language without accent, which is very very difficult for adults to achieve.

My main sticking point on this whole thing, though, is the feeling I get that entrepreneur wants to control his new wife's life, including who she interacts with. If she wants to interact with fellow Russians, why not? I mean, if you choose to marry a Russian, shouldn't you accept her culture, too, not just try to force yours onto her?

i agree with you totally.

DON'T LISTEN TO THIS IDIOT. IF ANY OF YOU REMEMBER, THE GUY THAT STARTED THIS THREAD IS THE SAME LOSER THAT IS PLANNIGN TO HAVE AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE WITH A RUSSIAN WOMAN. HE SAID IN AN EARLIER THREAD THAT HE IS ABOUT TO TURN THIRTY AND WANTS IS LOOKING TO GO TO RUSSIA/UKRAINE TO PICK UP A RUSSIAN WIFE WHO WILL BE SUBMISIVE TO HIM. YOU'R A FUCKING LOSER DUDE!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT KINDOF SOULLES SHITHEAD WOULD CONSIDER MARRIAGE TO BE A BUSINESS DEAL OR PROJECT, WHICH HE HAS TO DO CAREFUL RESEARCH ON!

YOU JUST WANT TO BRING A WOMAN HERE AND SHELTER HER AND HAVE HER BE YOUR LITTLE SERVANT. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I HOPE YOU END UP WITH ONE OF THOSE RUSSIAN GOLDIGGING BITCHES THAT, AFTER GETTING A GREENCARD AND POPPING OUT YOUR BABY, DIVOVORCES YOU AND TAKES ALL YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!

DICKHEAD!

i have no intentions of controlling my future wife. however one thing i like about russian women is that they are more traditional and less spoiled(so i heard). and i guess deep inside i want her to be dependent upon me but when she lives near russian towns with all these russians and russian mobs, good news is she will make friends but the bad news is she will begin to think she can live without me eventually. .. she might as well live in Russia. i am even thinking of moving out of NYC after i get married.

btw i hope i didn't offend any russians or anybody who is offended by my method of marriage, frankly i think this is the right choice for me. and i've always been interested in Eastern European women and the Russian Culture, from Tchaikovsky to Tolstoy..

im going st petersburg, russia in APril for 2 weeks( i was gonna go Ukriane but i canceled) . i will met 200 hundreds single russian women.. i hope i find one that interests me.

Originally posted by tillyandme

i thought u were the guy bitching about girls saying u make over 100,000 a year.

oh, and he said that too? thanx for pointing that out

Now I think he's an even bigger ass!

maybe he should buy himself a soul too, while he's bying his russian bride.

i have no intentions of controlling my future wife. however one thing i like about russian women is that they are more traditional and less spoiled(so i heard). and i guess deep inside i want her to be dependent upon me but when she lives near russian towns with all these russians and russian mobs, good news is she will make friends but the bad news is she will begin to think she can live without me eventually. .. she might as well live in Russia. i am even thinking of moving out of NYC after i get married.

btw i hope i didn't offend any russians or anybody who is offended by my method of marriage, frankly i think this is the right choice for me. and i've always been interested in Eastern European women and the Russian Culture, from Tchaikovsky to Tolstoy..

im going st petersburg, russia in APril for 2 weeks( i was gonna go Ukriane but i canceled) . i will met 200 hundreds single russian women.. i hope i find one that interests me.

well its one thing one thing interested in russian culture, but its a whole other thing to want to HAVE it in the form a subordinate woman. Dude you obviously have some control issues, if you crave to have someone wholly dependent on you. Cause guess what a relationship based on need is not one of love! You are living in the 18th century. Your mentality negates the great leap humankind has achieved since - that of considering an equal relationship the norm, rather than the male dominated relationship.

Your entitled to your opinion, and hoorah for that. If you are looking for a women thats less spoiled don't look for a Russian Wife. Russian women are Gaudy as hell and high maintenance. And I maybe way of base here but it sounds as if you have some insecurity issues about letting your wife out. I mean if you want to keep her tied down in the basement while you go out to work, well thats just silly IMHO. I prefer my women as wild as they come! But thats just me. To each his own. Good Luck on your bride, wish you the best of luck!

P.S You dont need to move out of New York, you can't escape Russians, we are everywhere.... :D

well the 2 previous posters are russians and they don't seemed pleased with the whole russian 'mail order bride' thing. i m sorry if i offended your country. i really do. but i m not saying i wil tie her up in the basement, i will show her how to use the metro systems and buy her a car so she move go out on her own. what im basically saying is that, she might become spoiled by living in NYC area since there are russians in every block. i know couple of guys who married women from russia but they both live in middle of nowhere... i don't know.. yeah im insecure in some ways like most people are but im not a bad person. i just need a wife who is 10yrs younger than me and i think i have a good chance of meeting her in russia.

if you are russians, more power to you and don't get offended by men in america going to Russia to find brides. the russians women seem to be more enthusiastic than american marriage and the supply is great. for every 20 american men there are 200 russian women..