Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What did u all think about the production side of ultra?

nexusgroove

What did u think about the sound, lights and stages.?

I think it was poor.... Ultra had alot of problem because of one man! This so called production pimp did have a clue as to what to do. He had stage hands walking off the job, and lighting guy did get to program the lights shows. It was a mess!

Thanks to:

Alex (D'VOX)

Ray N. (D'VOx)

Luis P. (SPIN/SPACE)

ME (LIGHT GUY) that put up with all their shit! lol

the event was able to happen beacuse of their efforts..

I chatted with the laser techs and LDs a lot, I thought the lighting programming was decent for an outdoor show, but it seemed at some stages they scraped the bottom of the barrel for fixtures. The video was off the wall on the main stage, too. The sound was OK at best, kinda expected Terry MacNeil's gear, but heard at the last minute it wasn't him. It was overdriven in most cases, and too low in some...

Security was a laugh too, inconsistent at best. I had a media wristband, and some security guys honored it, and some blocked me from getting where I needed to go, often on the same stage.

LOL,

Well the lights, I had no time to program the lights, lights we up and running at 4pm SaT. Its hard to program in daylight. But my team and I did our best in 4 stages.

The space tent was running at 70% as far as lights.. the only tent that was 100% was the Drum&Bass tent, but no fog...

now the main stage, wow, there was no need for light their, the video screen was all they needed for a light show, it was bright.

The coolworld tent was nice, not much of a light show, lack of a light tech... Did want my services! But Ultra was very close to caous.. I almost packed up mu controllers and walk out 2 hours before sun down.

What really pissed me off was the beverage tents. While there were hundreds of food tents where nobody ate, you had to stand in line for 1/2 hour to get beer or rum. Worst part was, I stood in one line for 20 mins, only to find out that beer is in the other tent. I stood in line there for 20 mins, to find out that the tickets I got at the other tent where no good for beer, only for water, even though i had bought beer and water tickets. Guess the chick didnt hear me even though I said beer as loud as I could. So I had to stand in line a third time, to get ID wrist bands, and then a fourth time for the beer. What a fuggin joke.

Well I don't know who's job it was for the vending part, But I agree. I saw the lines and it was a joke. If you expect 20,000 people to show for an event, u must atleast have 40 vending tents with a (4) line access.

And about the bathrooms, ha! there was about 60 units.... for 20,000 people, but lets say 10,000 guys used trees, a good 16,000 had to share 60 bathrooms. And some people would spend like :20 Min in a bathroom. Hum.. I hope next year the heads of Ultra would come here and ask for advice as far as what we want or what needs to be improved next year.

And hope that Terry Mac is going to set it up next year!

Peace:eek:

I think the production for Ultra This Years was awasome, like never before in there priors 3 years, great Main Stage , Great sound incredible visuals and the only problem was the lighting operators in some of the tents , look like they don't have a clue of what they where doing(some companie call infinity)the progressive arena was of the hook!, Space Rocks, only the food was poor but,probably they don't expect all that crowd,and that so call terry mc neail was just speaking shit about the production, he is the only one who screw ultra last year, this was way much better than the production he did (none of the production companies in florida wants to work with that guy) , all the credit to Ultra Dvox and the producers from omnistage and the great imaggination, club space etc. was a great show all the Dj's where really happy and impress is the biggest electronic music festival in the US.

LMAO!

This is your first post! Gee- it took u awhile to register a name to come here and try to protect ur self. As far I know this could be Nick or someone close.

I just talked to Ray Navarro (D'Vox) and he agree's with me all the way!

Now ask the people that went to Ultra last year and this year, what party was the best??

And as far as the lighting people... Thats me! and we know what our job is, just when it comes to people that don't want to pay for good gear, and 2 hours to setup 5 stages, your going to get shit! 1 tent had fucked up lighting! It was the space tent!

Drum & Bass was 100%

Progressive was 100%

And as far as OMNISTAGE goes! not in Miami!

PEACE

AOL S/N ----> NEXUSGROOVE