Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stanton Warriors at CentroFly....

For the love of god... How can music be this good and still be legal?????

I'm not even CLOSE to qualified to write a review for this piece of musical bliss... so i'll leave you with this before Jayp writes a fitting review:

As I told Mark & Dominic (The stanton warriors), This was the best set I had seen all week (And I spent the week in Miami...) to which Dominic replied with a thick uk accent "I didn't like anything in Miami..." and he gave wmc a thumbs down... lol...

un-fucking-believable...

I would be ungodly amounts of money, give up organs, or years of my life to have a copy of the set I just witnessed...

icey who? hehehe j/k... :tongue:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I knew this'd wank that I had 2 miss it. Cara or whoever, if yer out there and have officical word (or something close to it) on their next gig, let us know. And joey (both of u) and whoever else, please write as many reviews (with trainspots please :D ) as possible.

Hyper was tight, although not as good as when he spun fluid back in Jan. He told me himself 1 of the decks fecked up his mix, something he said happens alot. Que sera. The set started excellently, sort've lagged a tad in the middle 1/3 or so, and then ended on a really blinding note the final half dozen traxx or so. I'll post a real review either later today (time permitting) or sunday. O ya 1 other note, Sara really stole the show. Just an incredible mix... she only spun 4 45 mins and she left everyone itching 4 @ least 45 more. Mike, Jrock, and the lil I heard of Royce were phat as as always as well.

But come on deb, jayp, et al ...bring on the warriors reviews. It already sounds like it was blinding. Peace.

Guest tilly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't remember the last time I danced so much in one night. I want someone to trainspot the night so that I can intricately remember each and every minisule detail (I think Brickhouse had his palm pilot and Jayp has his memory:)). I had a blast!!! A fu*king amazing blast!!!! The warriors (not exactly sure) played a solid 2-3 hour set and although extremely satisfied with the musically explosive sounds I encountered...I still wanted more. I remember thinking, "and they'll be back when exactly?"

Night started out with my sis and I chatting it up with Dinesh at the bar and me trying to pull info out of him about this residency discrepancy. He basically said that yeah, they will be here every other month (provided that all goes well...and after what I saw tonight, we have no worries :) ).

I have been in this scene for over 10 years and I have to say that this night goes down in *history* in my book (and that's huge for such a long standing in this ever changing scene).

Those guys pulled out all the stops and played tracks that decended throughout time. I love when dj's aren't afraid to pull out the classics and mix them with the new throughout their sets..and these guys DIDN'T GIVE A F*CK! Highlight was definitely when they dropped Morpheus :) I can't wait for someone to trainspot so I can remember everything I actually heard out. I just kept thinking how amazing it was to hear songs that I love LIVE over a *real* soundsystem and not my work computer.

I had soooooooooooooooooooooo much fun with you guys: Joeg, Jayp, Shadowchaser, Saigray, Kat, Brickhouse, SK13 and random nameless ppl that I was dancing with. AHHHHHHHH, I think it's so funny that Joeg was checking my pupils to see if I was rolling...nah Joeg..t'was the musak ~

If you ever question why my grandma ass drags through the trenches of the scene for this long, tonight should give you your answer. NUFF SAID.

Lastly, I am impressed with all my friends' dancing abilities..you guys can get down on that dance floor..I understand that it takes bangin beats to get you goin..me too..I actually DID NOT THINK that I would dance at all but well we know that that lasted all of the hiphop songs (pre Warriors) and nothing beyond.

Yeah BREAKBEATS!! I love da Stanton Warriors!!!~

Only complaint...would have loved to have witnessed some phat breakdancing but hey the night was as close to *perfect* as it could get. Stolen from jayp, used by joeg "musical bliss"

:D

Originally posted by joeg

For the love of god... How can music be this good and still be legal?????

I'm not even CLOSE to qualified to write a review for this piece of musical bliss... so i'll leave you with this before Jayp writes a fitting review:

As I told Mark & Dominic (The stanton warriors), This was the best set I had seen all week (And I spent the week in Miami...) to which Dominic replied with a thick uk accent "I didn't like anything in Miami..." and he gave wmc a thumbs down... lol...

un-fucking-believable...

I would be ungodly amounts of money, give up organs, or years of my life to have a copy of the set I just witnessed...

icey who? hehehe j/k... :tongue:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are such a dj bitch!!! hahaha

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVETH!

So I roll into centro around 10:30. place is dead, no surprise. Pinky’s not open yet, so we kill time on the main floor. 11:00 rolls around and the pinky opens up…with HIP HOP! SHOOT ME NOW. Ok anyway dinesh gets on at 12 and lays down a fierce breakstep set to set the Stanton boys up nice. 12:45 comes along, and the fun begins. I knew I was in for something major when they came out with SLAMMING classic drum and bass to begin. Dominik plays a BLINDING set, while Mark shows his prowess on the sampler, weaving vocals in and out with unparalleled skill. So over the course of 2 hours, we get a nice education in breakbeat, with some funk and a trifle hip hop thrown in. the last half hour was “stantons play the hits,” as they dropped like 3 or 4 of their classic productions back to back. You don’t see me complaining, iuve always wanted to hear those on a real sound system. Crowd was feeling it, the sound was impeccable (for the back room of centro at least.) All in all, excellent night, def one of the best sets ive ever heard. And def. The best set to ever hit nyc. Shouts to: in alphabetical order, brenna, brian, cat, dan, deb, frank, joe, mark, & sai.

Trainspot list in no real order:

Adam F – Circles w/ army of darkness “who are the warriors” acapella

Class of 83- Neptune (kraymon mix)

Krafty kuts- dont stop

ILS – next level

2 sinners – round in circles (FFS mix)

Mike & Charlie – I get live fatboy slim mix

Jammin – Go DJ with sticky – booooo acapella

Jammin – Hello

Kosheen – hide you (koma&bomes remix)

Koma and bones Рmorpheus with kings of tomorrow finally acapella layered over ̤best part of the night

Basement jaxx – wheres your head at Stanton warriors remix

Azzido da bass dooms night Stanton warriors remix

Stanton warriors the antidote

Dj scribble feat busta rhymes everybody come on Stanton warriors remix

Freq nasty- boomin back atcha

Originally posted by jayp

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVETH!

So I roll into centro around 10:30. place is dead, no surprise. Pinky’s not open yet, so we kill time on the main floor. 11:00 rolls around and the pinky opens up…with HIP HOP! SHOOT ME NOW. Ok anyway dinesh gets on at 12 and lays down a fierce breakstep set to set the Stanton boys up nice. 12:45 comes along, and the fun begins. I knew I was in for something major when they came out with SLAMMING classic drum and bass to begin. Dominik plays a BLINDING set, while Mark shows his prowess on the sampler, weaving vocals in and out with unparalleled skill. So over the course of 2 hours, we get a nice education in breakbeat, with some funk and a trifle hip hop thrown in. the last half hour was “stantons play the hits,” as they dropped like 3 or 4 of their classic productions back to back. You don’t see me complaining, iuve always wanted to hear those on a real sound system. Crowd was feeling it, the sound was impeccable (for the back room of centro at least.) All in all, excellent night, def one of the best sets ive ever heard. And def. The best set to ever hit nyc. Shouts to: in alphabetical order, brenna, brian, cat, dan, deb, frank, joe, mark, & sai.

Trainspot list in no real order:

Adam F – Circles w/ army of darkness “who are the warriors” acapella

Class of 83- Neptune (kraymon mix)

Krafty kuts- out of control

ILS – next level

2 sinners – round in circles (FFS mix)

Mike & Charlie – I get live fatboy slim mix

Jammin – Go DJ with sticky – booooo acapella

Jammin – Hello

Kosheen – hide you (koma&bomes remix)

Koma and bones Рmorpheus with kings of tomorrow finally acapella layered over ̤best part of the night

Basement jaxx – wheres your head at Stanton warriors remix

Azzido da bass dooms night Stanton warriors remix

Stanton warriors the antidote

Dj scribble feat busta rhymes everybody come on Stanton warriors remix

Freq nasty- boomin back atcha

And I didn’t need a pad to remember like someone :P

what about that harder, better, stronger, faster remix??

Originally posted by joeg

hahahahahahhaha

Yeah, I figured saving hte $40 was a good idea...

Did the shock value atleast come as expected?

well it shocked frank enough to have him

a.) pass up s&d tonight

b.) quit 4 different messageboards

u tell me

Originally posted by dustinthewind

What about salt and peppa?

Push it real good.

ahhhhh push it.

I had a really nice time mostly dancing by myself I ran into my old friend christine and a few people from Gu and RU.

I onyl could name less than half the songs but I have heard them before.

It was nice to shake some new hands and some I haven't in a long time.

The musak was so interesting that I gave away all my favors to certain peeps.

Everyone was warm I even got my tricep rubed for a second.

For some reason I like dancing by myself and taking in the room around me.

It was nice to put the war paint on for the first time.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well, i finally got my butt on clubplanet. ;]

last night was great! *soft sigh* Coal is great for listening but when i can get a chance to DANCE i am muchmuchmuch happier.

i hope to see some of you people at pseudo tonight (happy easter, JayP! ;D) ... Tilly! Great to meet ya, sssssweetheart.

um, and hello to any of you on Clubplanet who know me and who happen to be reading this post.

Cat

Originally posted by wideskies

well, i finally got my butt on clubplanet. ;]

last night was great! *soft sigh* Coal is great for listening but when i can get a chance to DANCE i am muchmuchmuch happier.

i hope to see some of you people at pseudo tonight (happy easter, JayP! ;D) ... Tilly! Great to meet ya, sssssweetheart.

um, and hello to any of you on Clubplanet who know me and who happen to be reading this post.

Cat

hey cat, welcome to cp!

I unfortunately made it real late to Centro-fly, around 3:45 AM due to having to take a drunken friend home.

And the Stanton Warriors were already gone :( . I've seen them twice before at the Pinky and those times they were amazing.

I was suprised that the main floor of Centro was still pretty packed at 4 AM.

peace

Not to sound repetative or anything, but I definately heard Jump n Shout also (though I was in the side room so it might have been Dinesh after the Warriors ended), and they played the original mix of I Get Live, definately not the Fatboy Slim mix (which isn't even breaks). However, I still think it's great how Mike and Charlie can pay Mr. Cook 50g's to remix their track, and partly because of that it's still being jocked three years later....:blank: