Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
blueskygirl

Lending records; Never, under any circumstance? Would you?

In mixed company I mentioned that someone had asked to borrow a couple for a set, and one of my long-time mentor dj's went off about 'never, not ever, under any circumstances!! N-E-V-E-R!' Then the other guys we were with all agreed strongly that one shouldn't be lending their vinyl, but I still felt kinda bad to say no; the potential borrowee being my good buddy and all. I had lent him a couple a while back and tho I got them back safe and all (tho late, and after finding them all mixed into his record shelf (!!!)) I have to admit it felt funny in a bad way and I'm glad to have a reason to say no.

It's never even occured to me to ask to borrow a record; if I don't have it I don't get to play it, right?

Your policy?

Hugs!

BSG

when i 1st started out, i used to let my close friends borrow my records, and they'd reciprocate.

but now, i'll only let my b/f borrow 'em - if i'm not planning on using them/it in the near future.

Thanks y'all,

I've since asked a couple others about it and the consensus is no, except for MAYBE like ONCE in a special circumstance or something, but otherwise nobody wants to be lending any pretty much ever. Including me. Phew, I was afraid I was just being selfish :).

Hugs,

BSG