Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha & Digweed in Philadelphia...

I arrived at the Electric Factory as soon as the place opened. It was 8pm and a local Philly DJ named Vincent Wonder opened up for the first 90 minutes, setting the mood with very nice, ambient and light d'n'b.

My Philly peoples didn't arrive until around 10, which was when the crowd arrived. I didn't really chill with them because most of the venue was blocked off for the 21 crowd to drink. Now Jimmy Van M was the one start out the beats; very light, but it got people dancing. He finished his set with deep house and light tribal, and then John Digweed takes the tables.

By this time, I realized I was by myself and dancing nonstop for a while. I check my cell phone and it was only 11. Time went so slow throughout the entire night. Digweed took me on this trip, and it seemed like I was feeling every second of every song he dropped. His track selection and programming were simply amazing. It seemed that the track he played subtly built upon the previous record he dropped, and he and Sasha kept doing this until they closed at around 2:15. I was only able to ID one track...ONE (James Holden vs Ben Pound - Kaern Turned).

Sasha was a little bit too trancy for my taste, and it seemed like Digweed controlled the programming throughout the night because he was at the helm for most of it.

The expeirience is what I'll never forget about last night. What I felt listening to that music was something I never felt before. Take the music (this subtle, smooth, and damn good music). Now combine the loud, clear sound with the body heat of everyone dancing around me, the hypnotic lights, and the fact that I was wearing ear plugs (which allows you think straight and just concentrate on the music), and I was thrown into this other dimension. I felt they took me on this journey. I wasn't in Philly. I was somewhere completely different. I was so out of it, John Digweed himself walked through the crowd and near me, and all I could do was tap him on the shoulder, and not stop him and shake his hand like I would have done if I was in my right mindstate. One time during the night, a girl who was part of my group took my hand and dragged me out of the middle of the floor so I can chill with them. The only thing I could say was "they're amazing" because I was so out of it. The wierd thing about all of this was that I don't take drugs. So I'm guessing that was as close to rolling as I'm ever going to get.

Simply put, Sasha and John Digweed are mindfuckers. Last night was the biggest mindfuck I've ever went through. So I've been there, done that, and bought the shirt to prove it. Peace.

highmay,

you forgot to mention the last part of their show, 30 mins of breaks by s&d... definitely my highlight of the night. i wasn't really getting breaks until those clowns dropped them on me last night. looking around the dance floor, all i saw the "wtf" look on people's faces... it was amazing!

the entire night was incredible, the scene resembled a prelude to a sacrifice offering ritual by a tribe some 2G years ago. and highmay is right, although i was over quickly, the time didn't really fly a fast as usual. maybe because i wasn't rollllllllllllllllling.

can't wait for april 13!

I just saw them in Montreal on Thursday, they were incredible. They kept me going all night till they closed Sona @ 6:00am. Def. on of the best nights I've had clubbing ever. Everything was perfect from the sound and lighting to the most amazing set I've ever heard. These two are gods!!!

I'm just happy that I get to see them on Tuesday in Albany!!! Is anyone making the trip up here? It's about 2.5 hours from the city up the thruway???

If you want to check out some pictures from S&D in montreal...

S&D in Montreal

Originally posted by jroo

you should have tried it tripping for a true mindfuck.

nah...i never needed it to have a good time...drugs, to me, are for people to take themselves to another level..all i needed was the music...

Originally posted by philo

highmay,

you forgot to mention the last part of their show, 30 mins of breaks by s&d... definitely my highlight of the night. i wasn't really getting breaks until those clowns dropped them on me last night. looking around the dance floor, all i saw the "wtf" look on people's faces... it was amazing!

the entire night was incredible, the scene resembled a prelude to a sacrifice offering ritual by a tribe some 2G years ago. and highmay is right, although i was over quickly, the time didn't really fly a fast as usual. maybe because i wasn't rollllllllllllllllling.

can't wait for april 13!

i know EXACTLY what you're talkin about...

totally forgot about the breaks...and the tribal they dropped was some intense shit...

cant wait for the 13th as well...ill PM you, let's meetup...