Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CarBuffs: i think this is hot...

it's the Panoz Esperante...

i got inspired to post that because the area I'm in near Philly is very, shall we say, affluent. Everytime I get the opportunity to drive through the Main Line, I get to see so many foriegn beauties, and the Esperante was the one that graced my eyes today :cool:

mercedes is a waste??? pffft! anyway...

how many lotus' have you driven??? i ve driven a couple, and this is what i found out... that you need to buy 2 of them right off the bat... b/c one will be in the shop all the time... and just when ones out the other will be ready to go in... theyre very small... the windows are made for a babies hand... and up until i think 2000 the car was just a turbo four cylinder... but if im going to buy an exotic "supercar" its gonna have at least 12cyl. and pushing well over 300hp... and comparing the first car (mb) to lotus is like comparing apples to oranges and blondes to brunettes... or baseball to football... to totally dif. categories... just my two cents.

X5 is the hottest SUV out right now... and the M3... uhhhh off the meat rack!!! but the new 7series... fell off, the last one was the hottest out of all of them, and then bmw had to go and ruin it with this new shape and pseudo-futuristic interior design...

Originally posted by dgmodel

X5 is the hottest SUV out right now... and the M3... uhhhh off the meat rack!!! but the new 7series... fell off, the last one was the hottest out of all of them, and then bmw had to go and ruin it with this new shape and pseudo-futuristic interior design...

true...and the lights in the back?! :puke:...I guess some like it

how many lotus' have you driven??? i ve driven a couple, and this is what i found out... that you need to buy 2 of them right off the bat... b/c one will be in the shop all the time... and just when ones out the other will be ready to go in... theyre very small... the windows are made for a babies hand... and up until i think 2000 the car was just a turbo four cylinder... but if im going to buy an exotic "supercar" its gonna have at least 12cyl. and pushing well over 300hp... and comparing the first car (mb) to lotus is like comparing apples to oranges and blondes to brunettes... or baseball to football... to totally dif. categories... just my two cents.

The new "crystal titanium" finish multi spoke OZ racing alloy wheels hide powerful 4-pot calipers with an advanced Kelsey Hayes ABS system. Large 320mm diameter AP Racing two piece brake discs are vented and cross-drilled, front and rear, for maximum cooling and heat dissipation when the car is subjected to sustained heavy braking. The race specification calipers, pads and discs ensure that the Esprit stops as well as it goes.

The Esprit V8 is powered by the Lotus designed 3.5 litre twin turbocharged V8 engine producing 350 hp at 6,500 rpm with racing versions currently producing over 550 hp with very few changes from the standard road engine! The product of thoughtful design, the engine is efficient, compact and lightweight (weighing less than 220kg complete with all ancillaries.)

A wide torque band with a peak of 400 Nm (295 ft.lb.) at 4,250 rpm assures an incredibly smooth power delivery and an effortless but rapid acceleration in all five gears.

For many, the Esprit is a car of both memories and dreams. From being James Bond’s versatile high performance transport in the 1970s and 1980s to maintaining the crown of Britain’s great supercar, the Esprit is really in an unstoppable class of its own.The 2002 Lotus Esprit is on sale from the beginning of November priced at £49,995 in the UK and 69, 954.94Î (before tax).

how many lotus' have you driven??? i ve driven a couple, and this is what i found out... that you need to buy 2 of them right off the bat... b/c one will be in the shop all the time... and just when ones out the other will be ready to go in... theyre very small... the windows are made for a babies hand... and up until i think 2000 the car was just a turbo four cylinder... but if im going to buy an exotic "supercar" its gonna have at least 12cyl. and pushing well over 300hp... cents.

haha hey man they're a SPORTS CAR. A REAL sports car.

sorry dude i'm a purist. Everybody knows that the true sports cars out there eat themselves to pieces.

The Lotuses are Soooooo lightweight and flickable though (checking in around 1800lbs) - you can do stuff with those cars that i wouldn't dare try with a much heavier mercedes or [god forbid] a 4400lb monster Skyline GTR.

And "Just a turbo four cylinder"??!!! Are you LOOKING for an ass kicking????

You want to see my dyno chart???? hehe.

haha j/k man. Seriously tho i think for power to weight ratio, Turbo 4's are the way to go. Keeps the weight down, makes it easier to balance the chassis and they're capable of hella-high power outputs. Turbo 4cyls are the TRUE racing engines in my mind.

Hell i remember when there was that 1.3L max displacement limit in F1 racing, for Forced Induction cars. Ain't like that anymore - now it's all naturally aspirated... but those little engines were pushing out upwards of 1500+ hp. There's a point with Turbo engines called "crossover", where the backpressure created decreases enough so that the positive manifold pressure actually becomes higher. Power output skyrockets and your gas mileage plummets... but oh the bragging rights you'll have.

Can't do that with any Fat-ass heavy 12-Cylinder

<----dyed in the wool Turbo4 fanatic.

and bmw4jay... to answer your question, I drive a 91 Toyota Mr2 Turbo. :)

a25.jpggreddy%20mr2%20red.jpg

And Finally... My Baby :)

Image033-edited.jpg