Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
vikkii123

Where do you

Download music from??? I've been using Audiogalaxy It's pretty cool. Although I have downloaded somethings that were titled wrong... which just sucks cause right now I have only dial up access which is as slow as shit. Can't wait in a week I am getting a cable modem so downloading stuff will be so easy:tongue:

Have you downloaded any music yet? Is it much quicker?? It takes forever now so I don't really like doing but in a week it will be so fast I can't wait. Have you had any problems with AG? Once I download what was suppose to be PVD live at Twilo it took FOREVER to download and when it was done... it wasn't even PVD :rolleyes: Oh well not really complaining..:tongue:

What do I use to download: NOTHING!

It's kind of funny. I don't own a computer. Now that's nothing special.. lots of people don't own computers. But I'm a bonafied Computer Scientist (i.e. graduated with a degree in computer science). I love when people in my field start talking about the setups they have in their homes, then ask me about mine:

Geeky CS #1: "I've got a dual 900 mhz P4 with a gig of ram running linux on a metaframe server with a hubbed icon 24 network. What have you got at your house?"

Me: "Nothing, I don't own a computer... never have."

Geeky CS #1 (now with a bewildered look on his face): "Ha ha, that's a good one, no computer. So really, what do you have."

Me: "I work on a computer 40 hours a week... when I get home, it's the last thing I want to look at."

Geeky CS#1 - walks away, frightened and utterly dumb founded. "How can he not have a computer. Computers are our friends...."

If I bought a computer I'd only use it for downloading music... and if I did that I'd have to get a cable modem or something too. I just can't see spending the money on something I dislike so much!!

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

It's kind of funny. I don't own a computer. Now that's nothing special.. lots of people don't own computers. But I'm a bonafied Computer Scientist (i.e. graduated with a degree in computer science). I love when people in my field start talking about the setups they have in their homes, then ask me about mine:

Geeky CS #1: "I've got a dual 900 mhz P4 with a gig of ram running linux on a metaframe server with a hubbed icon 24 network. What have you got at your house?"

Geeky CS #1 (now with a bewildered look on his face): "Ha ha, that's a good one, no computer. So really, what do you have."

Me: "I work on a computer 40 hours a week... when I get home, it's the last thing I want to look at."

Geeky CS#1 - walks away, frightened and utterly dumb founded. "How can he not have a computer. Computers are our friends...."

If I bought a computer I'd only use it for downloading music... and if I did that I'd have to get a cable modem or something too. I just can't see spending the money on something I dislike so much!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I just bought my computer a month or so ago. And its main purpose is for music, and Meg uses it for art stuff. But thats it

Vickii - It is so much better, and no I haven't had a prob with it yet

Originally posted by kaydup

I just bought my computer a month or so ago. And its main purpose is for music, and Meg uses it for art stuff. But thats it

Vickii - It is so much better, and no I haven't had a prob with it yet

If you don't mind me askin'... how much did you pay? I was considering getting a cheap one, probably used for $500 or so, but I still don't want to get one. Everytime I decide I should buy a computer, I find something better to spend my money on. Like today I was thinking about it, then my friends and I decided to go visit other friends in San Diego... that'd pay for a computer right there.

Hmmmm... sitting on the beach in Cali, or clicking away on my shiny new keyboard.... I think the choice is obvious! :D

If you don't mind me askin'... how much did you pay? I was considering getting a cheap one, probably used for $500 or so, but I still don't want to get one. Everytime I decide I should buy a computer, I find something better to spend my money on. Like today I was thinking about it, then my friends and I decided to go visit other friends in San Diego... that'd pay for a computer right there.

Hmmmm... sitting on the beach in Cali, or clicking away on my shiny new keyboard.... I think the choice is obvious! :D

No I totally agree with you. But, I got to the point where I want to do shit and have no problems. So I bought a Dell, they have some great deals, I think when it was all done with extra memory and better sound cards I got it for $1100

Ya I got a dell to. About a month or two ago... Love it!! They do run some great deals... it all depends on what you are looking for. I paid a bit more for mine but thats cause I got the flat screen and monsoon sound system and printer... mine was $2000 but I financed it so it's about $70p/m :)

Originally posted by vikkii123

Ya I got a dell to. About a month or two ago... Love it!! They do run some great deals... it all depends on what you are looking for. I paid a bit more for mine but thats cause I got the flat screen and monsoon sound system and printer... mine was $2000 but I financed it so it's about $70p/m :)

Nice flat screen. I was holding out on that because I spent money on some programs. But, I am going to get a new speaker set soon

See, as soon as I see or hear $2000 my mind wanders to one thing.... IBIZA!!!

I still don't think I'm gonna make it there this year, which blows. Maybe I should just say fuck-it and go... no, that'd be a bad thing. I'll chew on it for a while... :)

Originally posted by kaydup

Nice flat screen. I was holding out on that because I spent money on some programs. But, I am going to get a new speaker set soon

Oh the flat screen is so nice:) Def worth the money