Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Corsten @ Exit track listing

Should be pretty easy for the trainspotters...

Let's see what I recognized and remembered...

I'll try to do it in order, though it won't necessarily be so

Trancesetters - The Saga

Joker Jam - Innocence

PVD - not sure of the title, I think it was Columbia

Ralphie B - Massive

System F - Exhale

Gouryella - Tenshi

Tiesto - Lethal Industry

System F - Out of the Blue

Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water

Ransom - My Dance

4 Strings - Into the Night

(not sure if this really was played) Rank 1 - Awakenings

Einsatz Funk - Punk

Verracocha - Carte Blanche

System F - Dance Valley Theme

Encore: sounded like his remix of Punk

I thought maybe Corsten read that thread about songs we wanted to hear, but...

I don't think Adagio for Strings was played, and neither was In The Beginning

Trancesetters - The Saga

Joker Jam - Innocence

PVD - Columbia

Ralphie B - Massive

System F - Exhale

Gouryella - Tenshi

Tiesto - Lethal Industry

Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water (above n beyond)

Ransom - My Dance

4 Strings - Into the Night/take me away (coast 2 coast)

funk einstantz- Punk

funk einstantz - my dance

G&m PROJECT- feeling the sunrise

MIKE- sunrise at palamos

PUSH-tranzy state of mind

Agnelli & nelson -everyday 2002 (alex gold)

milo-jungle of mirror

Carrisa Mondavi - Solid Ground (Fade vocal mix)

Vincent De Moor - Shamu

system f - needlejuice

tranquility base - razorfish (above n beyond)

thats all for now...my brain hurts....

Originally posted by kandyraver

man that guy is spinning the same tracks tiesto spins everytime out I wonder if those share the same fucking record box since they play the same fucking cheese thats 3 fucking years old :eek:

GUY OBVIOUSLY U DONT KNOW SHIT......Tiesto's style and ferry's style is like "LAMB & TUNA FISH"....so read this as i watch u keep quiet...:D

Originally posted by wallflour

Should be pretty easy for the trainspotters...

Let's see what I recognized and remembered...

I'll try to do it in order, though it won't necessarily be so

Trancesetters - The Saga

Joker Jam - Innocence

PVD - not sure of the title, I think it was Columbia

Ralphie B - Massive

System F - Exhale

Gouryella - Tenshi

Tiesto - Lethal Industry

Oceanlab - Clear Blue Water

Ransom - My Dance

4 Strings - Into the Night

(not sure if this really was played) Rank 1 - Awakenings

Einsatz Funk - Punk

Encore: sounded like his remix of Punk

I thought maybe Corsten read that thread about songs we wanted to hear, but...

I don't think Adagio for Strings was played, and neither was In The Beginning

jesus christ you could've posted this 3 years ago and the SAME fucking tracks would be on there....i mean carte blanche, out of the blue gimme a break....unless they're new remixes those tracks are played as fuck! And that ralphie B track isn't that old but every DJ and their mom plays it 50 times a day I'm sick of it. I've heard much better from this guy, my guess is that "yeah i'm playing to a bunch of americans who don't know shit so i'll play all the usual played out shit".

Originally posted by dr0ne

jesus christ you could've posted this 3 years ago and the SAME fucking tracks would be on there....i mean carte blanche, out of the blue gimme a break....unless they're new remixes those tracks are played as fuck! And that ralphie B track isn't that old but every DJ and their mom plays it 50 times a day I'm sick of it. I've heard much better from this guy, my guess is that "yeah i'm playing to a bunch of americans who don't know shit so i'll play all the usual played out shit".

Carte Blanche and Out of Blue... That's called playing a classic my friend. Those 2 tracks last night gave me the most enjoyable experience I've had in a club in a looooooooooong looooooooooooong while.

Originally posted by dzadza

Carte Blanche and Out of Blue... That's called playing a classic my friend. Those 2 tracks last night gave me the most enjoyable experience I've had in a club in a looooooooooong looooooooooooong while.

exactly

I don't know....to me that doesn't work well with trance just given the nature of the sound...its like the first time its an incredible rush and few times later it very quickly fades away. Hey maybe I'm just jaded (or more critical since i've been listening to this shit for a looong time) For that reason I find trance to be the most "disposable" type of electronic music....the first time you hear a new track which is really good feels great but the novelty quickly fades away....tracks never really become classics for that reason. See, I'm the type where if I see PvD drop "for an angel" I'm like "oh nooo...." I mean a liked the track for a few months after it came out in '98 but to me very few trance tracks I could say truly "stick"...there are a few, but most of the time it just gets played out indefinetely. Who knows maybe 10 years from now we can call it a classic, but NOT a 4 year old track....when i see DJs drop old anthems like that I gag....its like when I go to a foreign country to some shitty club and the DJ's STILL spinning greece 2000, synaesthesia, gamemaster and all that old shit....blech.

If I remember correctly Tiesto is Corstens PROTEGE!! So of course you would hear similar tunes, and Trance seems to be repetative more than other types of music in my opinion, so yeah your gonna here shit that is similar!

Originally posted by ekstacy

bro you dont know shit.. you find trance to be disposble type of electronica music..

go shoot yourself

if you would've at least read my post and thought about it for a second you'd see that YOU are the one who doesn't know shit. How long have you been listening to this or any other type of music? I own hundreds of records, THOUSANDS of CDs and almost 1000 GIGABYTES (that's 1 terabyte) of MP3s of all types of music, not just trance or electronic. I've been listening to electronic music since the age of 6 when I bought my first jean michel jarre record (HINT: there probably wouldn't be trance as you know it without this guy...arguably oxygene which came out in 1976 is considered to be one the first trance tracks ever made). Sorry "ekstacy" but if you're gonna get into an argument about music with me, you gotta do a lot better than "shoot yourself". So go back to exit and pop some "ekstacy" jackass.

Originally posted by rdancer

If I remember correctly Tiesto is Corstens PROTEGE!! So of course you would hear similar tunes, and Trance seems to be repetative more than other types of music in my opinion, so yeah your gonna here shit that is similar!

tiesto and corsten are very similar

anyone ever hear of the kamaya painters (sp)? that was a joint effort between tiesto and corsten

btw: did corsten drop why go?

I'll agree with dr0ne on many points, but the thing is, it was Corsten's first time in NY, and my, and many other's first time seeing him. So playing Carte Blanche and Out of the Blue were a must. Cause those tracks define what Ferry Corsten is. To me it was more like going to a concert and hearing the stuff I know him for. But say if he gets a residency here, I'd be the first one to rip on him for playing them in every set.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

tiesto and corsten are very similar

anyone ever hear of the kamaya painters (sp)? that was a joint effort between tiesto and corsten

btw: did corsten drop why go?

Kamaya Painters = Tiesto + Benno de Goeij

Gouryella = Tiesto + Ferry Corsten

I'll agree with dr0ne on many points, but the thing is, it was Corsten's first time in NY, and my, and many other's first time seeing him. So playing Carte Blanche and Out of the Blue were a must. Cause those tracks define what Ferry Corsten is. To me it was more like going to a concert and hearing the stuff I know him for. But say if he gets a residency here, I'd be the first one to rip on him for playing them in every set.

I'll agree with you on out of the blue since system F = ferry corsten anyway, but carte blanche is just sooo like ATB ibiza '99 mix or some shit know what I'm saying? :) I mean when it came out it was a sick track so I guess maybe if you've never heard it before i'm sure it must be great, but otherwise....

I would doubt that he'd get a residency here, but that would surely be nice, although I'd prefer say armin van buuren instead :) Not to rip on the guy, ferry's done some great work in the past and he's generally an excellent DJ, although I haven't been feeling his most recent sets from say the past year....he's starting to drop too many anthems which get kind of annoying after a while.

About the "disposable" comment I'm hoping at least you understand what I'm trying to say....not disposable as in worthless, but its like the faster you go up you come down even faster....that's the feeling I have with many of these tracks....get what I'm saying? The first time its absolutely amazing, but the novelty wears off proportionally to how amazing it was the first time around I dunno its hard to explain.. :tongue:

Kamaya Painters = Tiesto + Benno de Goeij

Gouryella = Tiesto + Ferry Corsten

actually i think KP was tiesto + benno + ferry...maybe not for all KP stuff but I know ferry has worked in some of the production for KP. You'd be surprised at how many of these tracks are all pretty much done by the same people....ferry and tiesto pretty much play theirs and their friends tracks or at least remixes (but then again so does everyone else). Like rank1....that's benno and piet bervoets. Then there are the remixes for cygnus, ayumi, delerium and some other stuff. Benno also does ceres, the quest. Ferry does pulp victim, moonman, albion and much more.

Originally posted by dr0ne

I'll agree with you on out of the blue since system F = ferry corsten anyway, but carte blanche is just sooo like ATB ibiza '99 mix or some shit know what I'm saying? :) I mean when it came out it was a sick track so I guess maybe if you've never heard it before i'm sure it must be great, but otherwise....

Well,

System F = Ferry Corsten, but

Veracocha = Ferry Corsten + Vincent de Moor

still Corsten ;)

About the "disposable" comment I'm hoping at least you understand what I'm trying to say....not disposable as in worthless, but its like the faster you go up you come down even faster....that's the feeling I have with many of these tracks....get what I'm saying? The first time its absolutely amazing, but the novelty wears off proportionally to how amazing it was the first time around I dunno its hard to explain.. :tongue:

I understand where you're coming from. I used to be a huuuuge trance fan, but even I have turned away from the stuff that's been out lately. Trance has lost it's power, 98-99 were the good days, and those days are gone. But for me last night with Ferry was a trip back in time to hear the stuff I always wanted to but never had the opporunity to. I would've been very disappointed without those oldies. :cool:

Ferry might've done some work on some of the Kamaya Painters tracks, but still, the main guys are Tiesto and Benno. When they talk about Kamaya Painters it's usually those 2. But anyways, I think we're on the same page now. ;)

Well,

System F = Ferry Corsten, but

Veracocha = Ferry Corsten + Vincent de Moor

still Corsten ;)

I understand where you're coming from. I used to be a huuuuge trance fan, but even I have turned away from the stuff that's been out lately. Trance has lost it's power, 98-99 were the good days, and those days are gone. But for me last night with Ferry was a trip back in time to hear the stuff I always wanted to but never had the opporunity to. I would've been very disappointed without those oldies. :cool:

No shit! I stand corrected.....I thought veracocha was just vincent, but you're absolutely right...its ferry and vincent...my boy thijs just confirmed over icq :)

I also used to be a huge trance fan and I think I still am....its just so much harder to come across quality tracks lately. And you took the words right out of my mouth.....98-99 to me will always be THE peak of trance...sniff sniff i miss those days :( Good stuff does still come out but its the minority nowadays.

Two tracks that I hear multiple times a day every day since they came out and will probably do so until I die:

Armin - Blue Fear (original 1997 mix)

schiller - ein schoner tag (gerret frerichs mischung 2000)

There are more but right now those are the biggest ones and it's been that way for months heheh until I come across something else. :D