Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bad Boys the movie club question.

mikeydny

talking about clubs back in the day .. do any of you remember these ?? club 1235 , club deco , club nu , the mix , ricks bar, casanovas , mardi gras etc ?? :laugh: :laugh: did i go wayyyyyyyyyy back or what ??:laugh:

Originally posted by koky

talking about clubs back in the day .. do any of you remember these ?? club 1235 , club deco , club nu , the mix , ricks bar, casanovas , mardi gras etc ?? :laugh: :laugh: did i go wayyyyyyyyyy back or what ??:laugh:

Are you hiding something from us????

Did you like Ricks bar and are trying to tell us something? b:tongue:

Originally posted by mimid8

Are you hiding something from us????

Did you like Ricks bar and are trying to tell us something? b:tongue:

:laugh: noooooo i think i snuck in there one time when i was 15 years old & got caught like in 15 minutes & was kicked out :laugh: hahaha

u know i think i do remember a club hell during that time:flame:

hey who remembers these:

rebar

nivas

pacha

the vault

van dome

and of course, cant forget....the edge!!!:D

that was in 95 when i started clubbin........i cant believe that was 7 years ago:jawdrop: .....time flies

The club in Bad Boys was not in Miami. It was filmed in a club in Houston...for what reason I don't know. They used the same building as a strip joint in Armageddon...same director, same production team (Michael Bay - director, Jerry Bruckheimer - producer) on both films.

Van Dome closed right when I got down here, then it became Shadow :)

When I was contract trash for Liquid, I was poking around their electrical system and saw all the lighting plots for Van Dome (obscure club trivia)

Originally posted by mikeydny

So im watching this movie now, filmed in Miami, came out in 1995, there in a CLUB HELL, during the movie, was that a real name of the club, or what venue was it back then?

Yes!! There was a club called HELL. It was down near Nikki's. Its been so long I cant remember where exactly but it wasnt around for long. I was doing the Kitchen Club\Beruit thing in those days..

Anyone remember the original INSTITUTE (Mickey Rourke's club) and RedRoom, 3rd World???

Originally posted by attomic

Yes!! There was a club called HELL. It was down near Nikki's. Its been so long I cant remember where exactly but it wasnt around for long. I was doing the Kitchen Club\Beruit thing in those days..

Anyone remember the original INSTITUTE (Mickey Rourke's club) and RedRoom, 3rd World???

Kitchen club / Beirut memories I use to live in that place. low cover , cheap drinks, and slamming music. it was only place you could hear siouxsie and the banshees, nitzer ebb, etc. I think the original location is a days inn or something now. Institute was sick .. and of course who could forget the edge , complete with a vapor room... :D

HELL spelled with and angel's halo over the "E" was located

at 54 ocean drive. and I have the matches to to prove it.

I collect club matches. To bad less and less clubs now a days

have them.

Anybody remember. club: Egoiste 455 ocean drive.

club Prive/Loft 1439 washington ave.

Facade in North Miami Beach

Originally posted by attomic

Anyone remember the original INSTITUTE (Mickey Rourke's club) and RedRoom, 3rd World??? [ /QUOTE] Wasn't Mickey Rourke' club located were Lost Weekend is now?

ok now that my question was answered 3 times.....which one is the correct one....

choice 1)was a diff.venue on washington.

choice b)was a real club hell in south beach.

choice 3)was not even in south beach, but texas.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: