Clubplanet Nightlife Community

amersterdam help

check out http://www.consciousdreams.com/

This is a pretty cool store in Amsterdam, and the page may have links that could give you some ideas of where to go. Aside from the obvious pleasure of coffee shops, Amsterdam also gets (in my opinion) the best djs in the world playing there (Tiesto, Johan Gielen, Armin van Buuren ). When are you going to Amsterdam?

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

There are a lot of cool clubs....The Odion (sp?) was cool as well as the Roxy. Definitely go on a night time wine and cheese canal ride. It is cool to see the canals all lit up. I am sure it would be cool during the day. The red light district is a must-see. IT is soooo crazy.

The art museums are very cool as well as the Anne Frank house but go early if you are to see these. There is a great Dutch pancake house down from the Anne Frank house.

Boom Chicago is a fun show to go see in Lizeplain square (sp?) as for coffeehouses..the grasshopper is cool. The bulldog is too commercial..less strong.

Heinken Hdqtrs are there. You can get a tour and drink all day.

I went to Amsterdam for a week and had a blast. I took a train to Paris which was not too far away so that is an option as well.

Have fun!!!

The only real reply you got was from a complete fool. Obviously a naive American and his grand token adventure to Europe. Canal tours, Anne Frank Huis, smoking joints in the Grasshopper is not exactly making the best of your time in Amsterdam. Going to the Roxy would be alright, but it burned to the ground last year.

Originally posted by alexbasion:

The only real reply you got was from a complete fool. Obviously a naive American and his grand token adventure to Europe. Canal tours, Anne Frank Huis, smoking joints in the Grasshopper is not exactly making the best of your time in Amsterdam. Going to the Roxy would be alright, but it burned to the ground last year.

Perhaps some helpful suggestions to the kid instead of sitting here and criticizing people?

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

• 2 weeks later...

i lived in a'dam for 2 years, studied there if you can believe that. the it is definitely the club to go to on fri nite. dj jean is the resident dj and it is awesome. best light show. sat nite escape is known as chemistry is pretty good. bigger club, guest djs. trance buddha is pretty cool. the music can be too trancy. the roxy burned down while i was there. don't know what happened to it. after i left a place called kremilin, not sure of the spelling opened up. it used to be called marcanti plaza, heard it is cool. the odeon is ok, it is a college club, mainstream music, young. for coffeshops de rokerij is definitely the coolest one. there are 3 different ones. the one near leidseplein is the best. great music, atmosphere and weed and hash. the greenhouse is also cool. bars, three sisters is good and upstairs from there is de kroon which is also cool, lounge and bar. coco's is a cool place to get drunk, it is the closest thing to an american bar. any other questions, contact me. have fun.