Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tattoo for a guy?

pistolero

I have been thinking about a tattoo for a while now. I want it in the most discreet place, so if I get one, it would be on my hip, between the area of my front and rear pants pocket, on the left side.

Anyhow, I'm not really into tribal designs. I also don't want Chinese characters, skulls, demons, etc.

I personally like animal, cartoon, or dragon designs. I have a cartoon drawing of a "mischevious" crocodile, which I think is cute, but not in a girly/kiddish kind of way. Most importantly, this croc has some personal meaning to me, as the drawing is a reflection of my personality.

I'm also thinking about a dragon too. They always look cool, plus I'm Asian and born in the year of the dragon.

Are cartoon/animal type tattoos cool for a guy to have though? Or is it too "cute"? And my other reservation about a dragon is that it's a little overplayed, especially among Asian guys.

I suggest you do your research, find a good artist to work with to figure out what YOU like and will be comfortable with. In the end it is something that you alone will have with you for the rest of your life; you're the only one who really has to be pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion a Tattoo can not be over " Played " every tattoo is original even if by the same artist. My brother has a tattoo of a dragon on his upper arm. It wraps around a mountain that hangs in the sky the mountain is flat on top and pointy on the bottom. Kinda like a fairytail type moutain floating in the clouds. On top the mountain is a castle... The tattoo is sick. The only thing that made me dislike it later on was when he got it colored... I thought it looked great in just the black ink. But that is my opinion. Anyway... A Tattoo is something that you should not ask another persons opinion. It is on your body and should hold some kind of meaning to you. Other wise why are you going to scar your body. Who cares what others think of it. They are not the ones that are gonna wear it for the rest of there lives. And also if you actually care of another persons opinion on it then you are getting it for the wrong reason.

I am not meaning to sound like a D*cK. But I am into art and photography and I believe that when you are dealing with art it should have a meaning with you... Not your surrounding peers...

Thats my outlook

Scott

:cool: