Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
christop

Need help wit hookin up subwoofer to mini system....

Ok, i just bought the new JVC 460 watt mini system...Its fuckin good as hell....But I wanna hook a JBL 250 watt subwoofer up to it...But it has no subwoofer output hole(sorry i'm retarted when it comes to this shit), anywayz, is there anyway i can hook it up to it...I was told to buy an adapter...How do i do this...Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanxxxxx

Originally posted by christop

Ok, i just bought the new JVC 460 watt mini system...Its fuckin good as hell....But I wanna hook a JBL 250 watt subwoofer up to it...But it has no subwoofer output hole(sorry i'm retarted when it comes to this shit), anywayz, is there anyway i can hook it up to it...I was told to buy an adapter...How do i do this...Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanxxxxx

w/o a subout you're gonna have to find a way to split the speaker out to your speakers and to the subwoofer since those are the only outs you got (except for like the headphone jack...). you could use a crossover for this.

but guess what, chances are you got 2 230watt speakers in there, so its not gonna work because the amp on the stereo can't pump 230 + 230 + 250, only 230 + 230.

so if you REALLY wanna do this, you're gonna have to run the speaker outs through another amp to give the subwoofer enough juice...that amp will run you $200+.....so if you wanted a sub, you should've gotten a system w/ a subout....