Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Piss tests

vmisglow

hmm this is an interesting thread..i hadnt read up on it...what would happen if we were asked at our jobs to take a drug test, what should we do? would it also be a violation of our civil liberties?

i dunno, i'm a law clutz even though my father was a judge and my brother is a lawyer, i know nothing about laws...then again i know nothing about pretty much everything. :(

Originally posted by vicman

hmm this is an interesting thread..i hadnt read up on it...what would happen if we were asked at our jobs to take a drug test, what should we do? would it also be a violation of our civil liberties?

he company I work for now I had to take a drug test before I was hired and we're a public company UUNET/Worldcom and they can also do random drug testing, but they don't(too costly). But that is all mentioned in your offer letter, they can't just all of a sudden request a drug test, at least I don't think. However gov't is more strict and they will give you random drug test or at least once a year, I believe. Then again I am not our legal expert.

Originally posted by pgiddy

he company I work for now I had to take a drug test before I was hired and we're a public company UUNET/Worldcom and they can also do random drug testing, but they don't(too costly). But that is all mentioned in your offer letter, they can't just all of a sudden request a drug test, at least I don't think. However gov't is more strict and they will give you random drug test or at least once a year, I believe. Then again I am not our legal expert.

Gov't or otherwise, it's usually in your employment contract: take the test or get dismissed. Consent was given when you signed that thing. It's expected that you read the agreement, so you're on notice too.