Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SVEN VATH roll call! lets get this shit going

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by lavendermenace

Very funny CHEEZEboy.

you better drag your sober ass out for this. there's gonna be one HAPPY MENACE bouncing around smilin from ear to ear!!!

Oh shit. meet up, ummmm 5:00? chill room?

:tongue:

I think I am going to require some more convincing womyn.

I AM THERE LIKE FLIES ON SHIT!!!!!

2 Legends both Sven Vath and Genaro LeFosse (who for those that don't know was the man who made a little club anthem back in the day called um...DOMINATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ;)

Btw..anyone up for early pre-game festivites in NYC?? whose place can we crash and pound some beer or shots?

LM told me my Techno Chick membership is revoked if I don't show...so I'll see y'all.

Also bringing some of my best friends who don't usually frequent these sorts of establishments. They are ready to get their asses kiiiiicked (to quote Joe).

anyone else a little sad that S&D are the same night? But at world so un-doable?

tech itch is throwing down ridiculous hardstep & neurofunk dnb

at baktun the same night but should be all done by 2am,

so i'll head over for close to the beginning of sven's set.

for those of you who aren't on naughtybooth,

here's what i posted there about the legend-status

of sven väth:

----

the dude's a fucking legend.

suffice it to say, prepare to hear anything and everything in the realm of hardcore- and trance-centered techno during his set at vinyl.

he was interviewed and featured in the companion "booklet" (192 pages) for trance europe express 1 (TEEX CD1), released by the uk's volume magazine way the hell back on sep 20, 1993.

if you don't own it, You Should... it's got a ridiculous collection of total classics some cheesy but All Are Important... this was one of the first compilations i picked up before i had a clue and the artists featured on it have led me in too many other directions to even list here or anywhere without much thought and analysis; definately a worthy jumping off point...

sven has a track named 'the mission' (a totally epic 7 minute anthem) on the set collaboratively produced with ralph hildenbeutel, under the name 'barbarella'.

his work in creating the harthouse and eye q labels, as well as his influence in the frankfurt scene in general, prompted the folks at volume to do a 16 page spread on frankfurt, featuring nuggets of truth and quotes from sven himself.

"the music must always have a positive vibe. i love fast speeds. i love hard music but i'm not so into the dark shit, all destroy and terror. we're adults at harthouse. we're really into a little family and we believe in what we're doing. we have a philosophy and i always say to my artists, we don't just make records, we have a vision and let's see what we can do in the future. it's not only to make records. it's a whole way of life."

- sven väth, may 1993

"i don't want to say it's only the trance thing that's spreading... it is in this whole mosaic. trance is a new piece and it fits good together with the hardcore stuff and the house thing. now the whole thing is more round, especially for the dj's. it's excellent to change the beats and put different atmophere into the club. it will stay. it's not just a trendy thing. it never was. i heard trance before - years and years before - and now it has come together with beats and ambient and vibed music. it is like a movement. i've traveled for two years from country to country and it's so positive. for me this is the only music that brings so many people together. the music speaks for itself. we don't have any lyrics. most of the music is instrumental. also for that reason people come together. there are no hooks or what people normally need."

"it's like when i paint a picture. it depends how many colours you have with different styles of music. you take the best pieces of everything and you can create for people a spiritual thing."

he was also asked to provide a dj top-30,

which, although now more-than-a-little dated,

provides a sort of time-capsule cross-section

of what sven's into:

01 - random xs - "fading away" - (djax)

02 - curare - "schneller pfeil" - (harthouse)

03 - cybordelics - "adventures of dama" - (eye q)

04 - sven väth - "l'esperanca" - (eye q)

05 - hardfloor - "tb resuscitation" lp - (harthouse)

06 - pulse - "mikado" - (harthouse)

07 - laurent garnier - "wake up" - (warp)

08 - koenig cylinders - "99.9" - (ist)

09 - lunatic asylum - "a.l.s.o." - (fnac)

10 - rebel youth - "what is soul?" - (ongaku)

11 - virtual symmetry - "monks" - (eye q)

12 - some other people - "orbitality" lp - (infinite mass)

13 - perry & rhodan - "the beat goes straight on & on..." mix 1 - (jerry cotton)

14 - energy 52 - remixes - (eye q)

15 - section 2 - "drax ltd 1" - (trope)

16 - aphex twin - promo - (warp)

17 - orbital - lp - (internal)

18 - norman - "big deal" - (influence)

19 - robert armani - "circus bells" hardfloor remix - (djax)

20 - vernon - "wonderland" remix - (eye q)

21 - frankfurt-tokyo connection volume 1 - (harthouse)

22 - vein melter - "when you feel it" - (space teddy)

23 - speedy j - "ginger" lp - (warp)

24 - mindspace - ep - (no respect)

25 - illuminatae - "tempestada" - (xvx)

26 - genetic waste - (ongaku)

27 - leo anibaldi - "nothing has changed" - (acv)

28 - t-bone castro - "new one" - (dance xtc)

29 - sven väth - "accident in paradise" - (eye q)

30 - solar quest - "acid crumble" - (choci's chewns)

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

like i posted beforeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! magical mister breast-opholes(JOEG) and dying of cirrhosis(QUOTH) when r u guys headin out to Vinyl..and where r u gona pregame?? come on bitches..leme show u how us people from the Balkans pound

me, you, quoth, phatman, and whoever else wants to join us...

place & time?

Originally posted by joeg

phatman:

what time you going? / what time do you plan to stay till?

totally free...however you wanna play it...i'm going solo...i'll pm you my contact info...as for pregame...we'll see..my apartment is prol. 15-20 minutes from vinyl on the jersey side...bar is currently stocked...