Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EdgarV(Liquid's new saturday night resident DJ)

liquidowner

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Styrke is no longer with us but I still consider him a true talent and a friend of Liquid. His depature saddens me because I like him that much. But this is the clubing business and I have make decisions sometimes that really suck and this was one of them. I wish him well and hope to have him back soon.

Originally posted by liquidowner

Styrke is no longer with us but I still consider him a true talent and a friend of Liquid. His depature saddens me because I like him that much. But this is the clubing business and I have make decisions sometimes that really suck and this was one of them. I wish him well and hope to have him back soon.

Well, your response is much warmer then Luis Puig's was when he released EV. That guy was one cold mofo......His body temprature has to be below zero or he's some kind of cyborg that doesn't have feelings.

Congrats to EV

So what was the problem? was this an income casualty? .. I loved Stryke as the resident @ Liquid, hope you don't regret the move.

Best of luck to Edgar

HONESTLY ... THIS IS ONE OF THOSE NEWS THAT ARE GOOD BUT SUCK @ THE SAME TIME.. DO YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN ?? I KNOW IT MUST SUCK TO MAKE DESCICIONS LIKE THIS.. BUT HEY , FUCK IT !! BOTH GREAT DJ'S... BUT I GUESS ONLY ONE COULD STAY ... GOOD LUCK TO STRYKE..HE SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING PICKED UP BY SOMEONE ELSE...IM ALSO GLAD TO SEE EDGAR SPINNIN AT LIQUIDS... I REALLY MISSED HIM @ SPACE.... GOOD LUCK FOR BOTH DJ'S.... I WISH THEM THEIR BEST ON THEIR NEW JOURNEYS...PEACE OUT ! :blank::( :(

This is fawking AWESOME!!!

I was a Liquid goer since the 1rst day, and I quit because I dont really like Stryke style(He is good anyway) but now Ill be back every sat. Thanks Billy, u made the right decision.

Not because 10 to 20 people in these board hate trance doesnt mean everybody hate it.:D :D

See u on sat night

This Is Honestly Really Important To Me, This Gives Me a little Hope that Trance Is Still Alive. Can You Say "Shadow Lounge" Take 2, Back and Better. I'll Be there on Saturday. But WOW what a change in Liquid. Time to Give them some more Demo's, Edgar, Give Me 3 months and ill open for ya

Lata

Pete

its not about hating trance. its about doing something different. A tech-house/techno night .. hmm thats actually showing taking some risks and bringin in some new people. I really doubt they are gonna bring in Lee and Cass now with people expecting TRANCE every saturday now. Please correct me if i'm wrong. If people didnt take risks this scene wouldn't be anywhere right now. People pushing the envelope both musically and in the nights people setup. It's really sad that everyone has to stop to mediocracy in order to make people happy. I'm not saying anything about Edgar. He's a good friend and I wish him luck. I just hope one day we can have a night that pushes the envelope that people will talk about from here to london. Fabric works because they took risks and didn't care what anyone thought. It's really sorry to think thats if its not Trance or Tribal it doesnt work in Miami. Only other successful night I know of is the deephouse night @ RAIN Aquabooty. Which shows that with hard work and good music and great people good things will happen. I just hope Stryke can play locally more often I was really looking forward to Saturday's for another dose of Tech-House and Techno. Its ok though.

UNDERGROUND WILL LIVE FOREVER BABY WE'RE JUST LIKE ROACHES AND ON THAT NOTE LETS GET BACK TO THE PROGRAM

Ramon C.

EdgarV will be spining from now on every sat night at Liquid and live on the radio. Pm me your guest list request. Thanks, Your friend. Billy Shaw Starting this saturday at midnight.

YES!!! Marcela and I congratulate you Ed. ;)

Originally posted by rcrespo

It's really sorry to think thats if its not Trance or Tribal it doesnt work in Miami.

Um..........where is there Tribal in Miami? Could you please let me know b/c I would sure love to go. (the only decent tribal in the city is dropped for the "boys" at anthem and pump w/ Calderone and Eddie X) :confused:

I would kill to see more artists like Miguel Pellitero, Greg "breaky-breaks" Vickers, Peter Rauhofer, or even the mad percussions of Tom Stephan down in Southern Florida.

*I like mine w/ x-tra drums please! :D

damn...i was actually going to make my first trip to liquids this sat. to see mr. stryke...i have never seen him live before...i mean edgar is a great dj, and now he is coming home to shadow...uh i mean liquids;) ...but this city is full of recycled djs..to me stryke was new face in the residency circuit...too bad to see him go...as for egar v, no doubt in my mind he will rip it at shadow...uh i mean liquids (i have to fix that problem)...good move liquids in replacing a good dj with an even better one...

Originally posted by rcrespo

its not about hating trance. its about doing something different. A tech-house/techno night .. hmm thats actually showing taking some risks and bringin in some new people. I really doubt they are gonna bring in Lee and Cass now with people expecting TRANCE every saturday now. Please correct me if i'm wrong. If people didnt take risks this scene wouldn't be anywhere right now. People pushing the envelope both musically and in the nights people setup. It's really sad that everyone has to stop to mediocracy in order to make people happy. I'm not saying anything about Edgar. He's a good friend and I wish him luck. I just hope one day we can have a night that pushes the envelope that people will talk about from here to london. Fabric works because they took risks and didn't care what anyone thought. It's really sorry to think thats if its not Trance or Tribal it doesnt work in Miami. Only other successful night I know of is the deephouse night @ RAIN Aquabooty. Which shows that with hard work and good music and great people good things will happen. I just hope Stryke can play locally more often I was really looking forward to Saturday's for another dose of Tech-House and Techno. Its ok though.

UNDERGROUND WILL LIVE FOREVER BABY WE'RE JUST LIKE ROACHES AND ON THAT NOTE LETS GET BACK TO THE PROGRAM

Ramon C.

that's an awesome post Ramon. LOL tribal, I only wish. :) I think there is still; a big audience for trance. you have a lot of dj’s ready to break thru in trance. Ferry Corsten, Johan Gielen, Marco V., etc. you are right the music and the scene; should be constantly evolving. Tech-house and techno are relatively new to miami clubbers. you have some great dj’s in those styles of music Styrke, Carl Cox, Derb, Lexicon, Jean Cochois aka Timewriter, etc.

I think Oscar G brought up the fact; that the Miami scene is still growing. there is a good deal of music, which still needs to be in the mix. working it into the mix, and getting people to give it a try. that’s the big challenge..

I'm not afraid to try things that are not usually done a certain way. While it is true you will have edgarV on two sats a month, you will also have Spundae two times a month with tall pall and others this month. So look for Liquid to continue to change and evolve as it looks to become the greatest nightclub any of you have ever been two. I'm upgrading the nexo rig even more if you can believe that and doing a great deal more with the lighting that I think we can all agree is already top notch. The stronger Liquid becomes on weekends the better chance I have at bringing you a night of cutting edge DJ's on a Thurs or another weekday night. You have to continue to make changes till you find your niche that can almost make everyone happy at some level if you want to survive. I brought back the name Liquid because I invisioned a club that will evole and be here long after alot of clubbers half grown out of clubbing. Liquid is here for the long run. I hope you will enjoy the changes and your time at Liquid. Your Friend,, Billy

Look at yourself Nolimit loser u have 3000 posts. Pluse u dont even live in miami and u post more here then your home town ny.Get a girlfriend and go out and dance then to come here and talk shit about miami. i think u love miami better then ny.:blown: