Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN: After Hours@252 - 4/19/2002 - please respond

After carefull consideration I wont be able to open this friday...Things just arent ready...I WILL be at the the room this Friday and I'll have comps printed up for whoever shows up...if you'd like to stop by and see the room you can - I am getting mixed feedback as to whether to wait till September to open or to open in 2 weeks - what do you people think ? Do you mean to tell me that there isnt enough of a crowd avalable to maintain an after hours bar thats up here in Bloomfield during the summer or will I be wasting my time because absolutely everybody in existence will be down the shore...My person feeling is that I find it VERY hard to beleive that there isnt enough support to operate during the summer...I dont beleive that every fucking person that goes out will be down the shore thru the whole summer...there has to be enough people to support at least a Friday evening late night session...Another question for you to respond to: Would you come to an after hours club at all ? I have gotten alot of positive response but I sure could use some reassurance...everyone involved has worked hard on this project and Im really sorry I cant open this weekend but I am opening and like I said I'll be there thruout the night on Friday to let people see the room and receive a comp for an upcoming night after the grand opening. If any of you are mad - so am I....bear with me as I am working on this project fulltime and Im not giving up..depending on the response I hear we will either be open in a couple of weeks or we'll wait till September - You tell me, thanx for everyones support and thanx to all the people involved that want to see this thing happen - Greg

Originally posted by gregwhite22

Do you mean to tell me that there isnt enough of a crowd avalable to maintain an after hours bar thats up here in Bloomfield during the summer or will I be wasting my time because absolutely everybody in existence will be down the shore...My person feeling is that I find it VERY hard to beleive that there isnt enough support to operate during the summer...I dont beleive that every fucking person that goes out will be down the shore thru the whole summer...there has to be enough people to support at least a Friday evening late night session

There are people up north on Friday nights. Sand Bar in Jersey City does at least 2000 people every Friday, as long as the weather is nice. I really dont know about after hours but there is a crowd that stays up north on Fridays.

although most places up north start thinning out with their crowds once summer starts approaching, it's sometimes difficult to have a grand opening and pack a club/after hours place in....open it anyway, at least you would start getting people buzzing about your place before and throughout the summer......and once the summer is over, most people would have heard about your after hours and pack the place in.......godd luck!:D

There are plenty of people left up here, if you have the right people pushing you. You need people as far as bartenders, promoters, DJ'S,Doormen, security, all that good stuff that cost money!! if you don't have this your a sittin Duck!!!!!!!

How serious are you about this place, because outside of here no ones ever heard about it, and contrary to popular believe people that don't read this go out. I just think you need to surround your place with the right people, people in touch with whats goin on in todays scene. I would also pay a visit to all the doormen at clubs in this area, because when people leave a place their always looking for some where to go and the door men can recommend your place. This I know because I'm a door guy.... Later

GOOD LUCK!!!! Your Gonna Need It!!

Headine; Thursday April 18th - Just want to continue letting every 1 who is looking forward to events happening here that we WILL be opening soon and I will continue posting the news about the place...also I am aware that certain people or promoters that came down to speak to me have resorted to using inneuendo and rumour to complain to certain authourities in this town - in other words "If this guy wont work with me - then Ill complain about what he's trying to do and keep him from doing it with somebody else....To those people I say you are a sorry, jealous and vindictive bunch of hypocryte smile in your face - stab you in the back miscreants who are fighting a losing battle. You wont stop me from opening and tho you are delaying the inevitable, I have an elephant's memory and you will NEVER promote or produce any show here. Go think up your own original ideas and stop the bullshit...God sez: "Do not covet thy neighbours possesions" - start living by that rule. To those that support me in my endeavours I thank you and just be a little patient as I will be opening as soon as possible probobly within a few weeks time. thanx again...Greg - I will be at the club tomorrow night in case any 1 stops by not knowing whats up..you can still come in and see the room despite the fact that we arent open and whoever does I will put thier names on a comp list to be allowed free admission to an upcoming night when we open..thanx

Not at the after hours spots I played at; ie. The nursery, Save The Robots and The Rooftop in NYC...the crowd was much older than the under 25 scene. I would say the medium age was def 32 - 35...but I hear ya...youd like it if it werent 25 and over..I gotcha - thanx Greg

Greg, your talkin about spots that were open when the Red Parrot , and crisco's was. Listen guy you gotta have it 21 an over. Who are the people on your staff, because I work in 3 of the busiest places in NJ and no one knows who you have working there.

Originally posted by gregwhite22

Not at the after hours spots I played at; ie. The nursery, Save The Robots and The Rooftop in NYC...the crowd was much older than the under 25 scene. I would say the medium age was def 32 - 35...but I hear ya...youd like it if it werent 25 and over..I gotcha - thanx Greg

whoow bro im 22 and I have been going to clubs at least once a week for 7 years.

I have never even herd of any of those places?? I could care less if you make it 25 or 21 I just was giving you some good advice. Becuase every after hours spot is mostly under 25. Most people at my job that are in there 30's never stay out after 2am1

Well as a dj playing the Nursery back in 1982,The Rooftop also in 1982 Robots was in 1986 - 1989 and its still open today (25 Ave. B NYc), Criscos...hehe that was longer ago than that Crisco Disco was 77 - 78. The only after hours bar I played out here was "Night Moves" which was next to United Skates of America in the willowbrook mall in wayne (it closed in 1981)...All those places had a med. age of 29 - 45...I appreciate the advice - Im hoping for a diverse age group, simply because I am 40 and would dig playing for people near my own age...thanx guyss

Welp its 10:00 pm on Friday Might - I will be down at The Space to wait for any potential patrons who havent heard we arent opening yet...For any of you that would like to stop down - I'll be there and I will be collection a comp list for an upcoming night after our grand opening..I also received good news and am happy to say that We WILL be opening soon..a tentative date is 2 weeks from tonight.. I am also brewing up a whole schedule of events to happen here on a weekly basis...I promise that we'll be a real pleasant surprize to all. thans again, Greg

Alright, bro we got the point your 40, and you want people your age there. The next question is do you wanna make money? If you do its not with 40 yr.olds. OK wait it is with some 40 yr.old men but they want 21yr.old girls!!!!!! NOT 40YR.OLD women!!!!! You need to have the right people there or its not gonna work.

If you think different all these years in clubs, you didn't learn much!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh2: