Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has anyone here ever been in the Air Force?

i just met a guy in the US airforce the other week in Switzerland. He says its awesome. He is stationed on an army base in Frankfurt Germany. He gets paid a few hundred a week but he doesnt need money for anything execpt when he has free weekends to travel and buy shit. He says the workouts are tough and the drill sergeants are bastards. sometimes they wake them up in the middle of the night to take them running or do to endless sets of pushups. He told me this really cool exercise that they had to do. In the Black Forests or germany, they are in a Hummer with no lights. only night vission goggles, and theres a race to a certain point through the forest. All the have is a compass and coordinates they have to meet at. They get to drive the hummer which he says can drive over anything, in pitch black forests with those goggles. That shit is hot. Hes going over to the Accademy (in Colorado Springs) soon, which he says that that is his goal for the airforce........... werd.

Originally posted by jbocc10

i just met a guy in the US airforce the other week in Switzerland. He says its awesome. He is stationed on an army base in Frankfurt Germany. He gets paid a few hundred a week but he doesnt need money for anything execpt when he has free weekends to travel and buy shit. He says the workouts are tough and the drill sergeants are bastards. sometimes they wake them up in the middle of the night to take them running or do to endless sets of pushups. He told me this really cool exercise that they had to do. In the Black Forests or germany, they are in a Hummer with no lights. only night vission goggles, and theres a race to a certain point through the forest. All the have is a compass and coordinates they have to meet at. They get to drive the hummer which he says can drive over anything, in pitch black forests with those goggles. That shit is hot. Hes going over to the Accademy (in Colorado Springs) soon, which he says that that is his goal for the airforce........... werd.

yo thanks a lot brotha man for that insight. Yea, i have to make a drastic change in my life very fuckin soon and i think i could use some discipline...Air Force has always interested me...but i never really looked into it.

My exroomate from college is in the Airforce. He is currently paying back the government for his scholarship in active duty and he is a fighter pilot--he flies F-16's. Pilot slots are difficult to get. Only a several hundred each year get them ( you need excellent eyesight and must be in top condition). But those that do get them often parlay that into a career working for commercial airlines where they easily can end up making a quarter of a mil or more.

My cousin is also in the AF. She's a military police officer (MP). She's been all over the world including Kuwait and Amsterdam. She seems to enjoy it and wants to be a state trooper when she is done with her active duty. They have her living in Nevada right now in government subsidized housing. As you know, the pay sucks, but you can pick up all sorts of skills, and you get many things paid for by the government.

one of my best guy friends is currently in the air force. he hates it, and if he could go back, he would not go to the air force. he says that he's so brainwashed and he realizes it. he says that he would do anything for his country, but wish that his life didnt turn into just following orders. he's definetly sticking w/it though b/c he knows his future will be awesome.

if you want his sn or something, i can get that to u so u can ask him more specific questions.

Originally posted by clubbingirl

he says that he's so brainwashed and he realizes it. he says that he would do anything for his country, but wish that his life didnt turn into just following orders.

It's called discipline. I know the persons I know would disagree with your friend on the "brainwashing" point.

well...i went to military school, was in rotc, and air national guard, but they arent the same as the air force...kinda i guess, but with any of the services, it is all a mental game...they fuckin scramble your noggin, and then reprogram it the way you fit them best...i mean dont get me wrong, i had a blast a lot of the time, and i learned a hell of a lot, but i definitely wouldnt reccommend it to everyone... :tongue:

Umm one thing if your looking to join any branch it should be the Marines. Well sorry but Air Force are just fly boyz all the get it the luxury, which makes them :confused: . All the other branches i could piss on them it's the truth though :blown: . If your looking for the real stuff you should know where it's at......:D

Originally posted by usmc81

Umm one thing if your looking to join any branch it should be the Marines. Well sorry but Air Force are just fly boyz all the get it the luxury, which makes them :confused: . All the other branches i could piss on them it's the truth though :blown: . If your looking for the real stuff you should know where it's at......:D

hahahaha :laugh: jarhead...the air force "fly boys" are the smartest of the services...what u score on the asvab, like a 52 right :laugh::blown: oh yeah, and they make the most $

Very well everyone's entitled to their own opinions you know so i have no hard feelings. But one thing you could go out and ask anyone you know.Which one is the most respected branch?? Also $$ aint a thing for me and whOOoO cares how smart you are . Guess what at least im willing to defend this country. Those are just another of my 2 cents i have.:mad:

Very well everyone's entitled to their own opinions you know so i have no hard feelings. But one thing you could go out and ask anyone you know.Which one is the most respected branch?? Also $$ aint a thing for me and whOOoO cares how smart you are . Guess what at least im willing to defend this country. Those are just another of my 2 cents i have.:mad: