Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Re: The TRUTH about Draper and Exit Nightclub

While I'm not a big fan of Tony Draper I do have a certain respect for the following he has. I want to clarify a few comments and suggestions being tossed around about Draper and Exit.

Tony Draper will be spinning after-hours, usually 6am and on. This does not mean Exit will be getting rid of the International talent which is currently being showcased.

While money is an objective of all nightclubs, Exit is not going to shoot themselves in the foot. The partners are a smart bunch of young guys.

Just because you don't like Draper doesn't mean you have to stop going to Exit. Go to Exit, enjoy the International talent and then go home. You will still experience the likes of Max Graham, Ferry Corsten, AvB, Dave Ralph and many live performances.

Tony Drapers contract does not call for him to ever spin a set before an International talent has performed. This is a way for Tony to see his music evolve while supporting a crowd that craves his sets.

So, here is my answer to you: Go to Exit, and with all the International talent that will continue to be showcased - You will soon have a taste of this industry from a worldwide perspective.

THEN

Stay for Draper, he might surprise you - or bounce home or to Vinyl. If the crowd is what's bothering you - you live in NYC, learn to tolerate it...and most hardcore Draper fans won't show up until after 5am anyway.

L8er,

Dave