Clubplanet Nightlife Community

three new progresssive trance tracks. listen here.

buredf

What do you think of these tracks  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of these tracks

• I love them
    • They are ok
    • They are bad.

Hey fellow cp'ers

Im a NYC producer trying to make it big.

Check out the latest tracks that I am promoing

Feedback would be appreciated.

I also have my website coming soon with online mixes to listen to and everything.

I am also goin to be doing a cd giveaway through clubplanet in the next month or so. I plan to give out like 500 mix CDs.

You can listen to the music here.

www.mp3.com/dreamfactorymusic

thanks for takin the time to listen

Hey bro, I can't listen to the tracks for some reason... There is no way to download them and the streaming doesn't work either.

Did you write/produce them?

I really want to hear them and give you some feedback.

Let me know if there is another way to get them.

hey man whats up

thanks for goin to my site.

they should stream ok if u have aol or internet explorer

anyways... i cant give them out as mp3's yet because two of them are in the process of being signed and out by the summer if all goes well.

but if u like sandra collins, D:Fuse, or danny tenaglia

you would probably like these tracks..

try using the latest vers of Internet explorer..

i am listening to this stream as we speak.

CP'ers Please take 5 mins to listen and drop me some feedback on my work..

-domenick

First, some of the good things....

Production is tight

Enjoy the percussive type beat in the middle of the calling

Some not so good things...

the main thing is that though these tracks are produced well, there is nothing that special about them to make them stand out from the millions of other progressive trance tracks out there. If you just started producing I'm sure originality and uniqueness will eventually come with time, but right now that seems to me to be the main thing that if changed, would make me love them.

But keep on, it sounds like u're headed somewhere good!

Good Luck

S DEE:D

i thought the indian chant was unique.

dont you think?

when i played them in a club though they do sound good.

i mean then again if u really think about it, 80% of all vocals that come out these days sound the same too but they do sell lots of records.

i mean its tough to be a pioneer in the music field.

hopefully i will

-dom

Hey Dominic, "The Calling" is deffinitely unique. As long as you're not copying someone else, it's unique. To tell you the truth I'm very impressed with your tracks. I have a way to go to reach that level :)

How did you get these awesome vocals?

Also, one more question. When you say you've been producing for a 1.5 years, does that mean you started using Logic at that time, or is that when you actually started recording complete tracks. Cause with me, I started with Reason a year ago, but started recording actual music about 6 months ago.

You deffinitely got the talent, just keep doing your thing, don't lose your head over the money and you'll be alright :D

Peace

i started producing tracks using acid.

acid is a great tool to start with to get you acquainted with loops and stuff.

and i worked really hard with that.

then i worked with cakewalk for a few months to incorporate midi into my music

finally im using logic

the concepts are all the same for every program

you just have to adjust to each sequencers ways of doin things

try using logic .. the midi is tough at first but once u get that involved in your productions you will see a great improvement

also make sure u mix on monitors ( i use the ps6 events)

thats really important.

that vocal i found on napster like 2 yrs ago.

i honestly do not know where it came from, but i incorporated some chants from the movie baraka, and i time strecthed and transposed her voice to match the key of the track that i was doin and it worked out good.

Hey, thanks for your advice, appreciate that!

I'm actually using Acid too, but mostly for time-streatching and transposing. I use Reason for the rest. I don't know if you are familiar with Reason, but it has a midi-sequencer as well as Logic, or Cakewalk. It's really a great tool, the only problem is that the quality of sound doesn't have that proffesional feel because it uses 16 bit encoding. I guess Logic uses 32 bit, like Cubase?

Anyway, I'm going to see if I can get a copy of Logic from someone and try it out.

What exactly do you mean when you say mixing on Monitors? And what are ps6 events? :blank:

i have used reason before

it can have that professional sound if mixed properly and used properly.

you might need to do some reading on recording music

monitors are flat speakers used to mix music.

the reason u would use monitors is because they generally give u a flat response and give your ears a true sense of what it will sound like on many other platforms -- ie car radios, home stereos, boomboxes, etc.

all my music is done in 16 bit 44.1

also invest in some sample cds

they are a big help if u have the right samples

i would also suggest to buy the midi man oxygen 8 controller

it allows u to control reason in real time

the sequencer in logic is similar to reason but the capabilities with logc are endless.

logic has a tough learning curve but once u see the big picture with it i dont think u will ever want to use another sequencer excpet maybe pro tools and only because of the pro tools plug ins

Originally posted by buredf

i thought the indian chant was unique.

dont you think?

when i played them in a club though they do sound good.

i mean then again if u really think about it, 80% of all vocals that come out these days sound the same too but they do sell lots of records.

i mean its tough to be a pioneer in the music field.

hopefully i will

-dom

Never said it wasn't tough...it's hard as hell.

And I wasn't wrecking on you or anything.

U just asked for opinions, and sometimes in order to give the correct opinion u have to throw some constructive criticism into the mix. Yes, a lot of stuff sounds the same today (especially with any type of dance music these days) and the reason that is, is because when someone sees that something works, everyone has to hop on that bandwagon, whatever it may be. Everyone wants to be successful, make money at it, so everything ends up sounding the same. And just because something sells a lot does not necessarily equate to it being good. It just equates to appealling very well to the mass public. (and there are plenty of examples of that, which I'm sure u are well aware of, and which I won't even get into).

And chants are used often in tribal and house tracks, so I don't think it's that different.

I didn't dislike your tracks, I thought they were good, just not amazing. And as I said before, production wise they were very on point.

My two cents....

S DEE