Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' JOY for the day - 4/20 (for those of us who don't have any weed...)

weyes

ok, so it's 4/20, you know, a holiday that i never let go uncelebrated. but, this year, i am broke as humpty dumpty and have mostly non-smoking friends (what's that about?!?).

so, i had to find something to keep me occupied today, something ritualistic, something i don't do very often, something good for me, and, what did i choose? i decided to floss the ol' teetheroos.

hey, think about it. when was the last time you really gave yourself a thorough flossing, the way your dentist taught ya? omiLORD, afterwards, my mouth felt fantastic :D , i shit you not. it was like a whole new world.

'k, so it wasn't the proper way to celebrate 4/20 ( :smoke: ), but at least i found a way to find some joy in my day anyway :)

tune in tomorrow.

this is one time that i must put in my two pence worth...

i have never understood the desire to celebrate such an asinine concept as "420"...why does one need a special day/time/number to fuel your need for weed...smoke when you wanna smoke, not when the clock or calendar or highway sign or whatever says its time to smoke...

and taken to the next level...why oh why do people feel the need to advertise the fact that they are smokers with the "420" shirts/hats/bumper stickers/patches etc...i can think of no better way of asking for unwanton abuse from the local fuzz than slapping a 420 sticker on the bumper of your car...if you smoke, that's great, as a human being you are free to choose your own destiny...but what's the point broadcasting it to the world...are you trying to prove something?

perhaps i'm just too faded to figure it out :smoke:

could someone please help this ignorant fool

Yo Gman...where/how ya been? Started your training yet?

I'm going backpacking this weekend up in the sequoia national park...with the help of some shroomytunes...decided to pass on Coachella this year...time to be one with nature.

Originally posted by gumby76

this is one time that i must put in my two pence worth...

i have never understood the desire to celebrate such an asinine concept as "420"...why does one need a special day/time/number to fuel your need for weed...smoke when you wanna smoke, not when the clock or calendar or highway sign or whatever says its time to smoke...

and taken to the next level...why oh why do people feel the need to advertise the fact that they are smokers with the "420" shirts/hats/bumper stickers/patches etc...i can think of no better way of asking for unwanton abuse from the local fuzz than slapping a 420 sticker on the bumper of your car...if you smoke, that's great, as a human being you are free to choose your own destiny...but what's the point broadcasting it to the world...are you trying to prove something?

perhaps i'm just too faded to figure it out :smoke:

could someone please help this ignorant fool

I know that I am 8 days late on this but, I couldn't agree more. Whats the deal with advertising that you are breaking the law? I guess when you were 14 or 15 it was cool to walk around with a bob shirt on that said "Hey Copper, I smoke weed!" But i think after a few years of wisdom you realize that not only could you go to jail for getting caught with weed, but your future employment opertunities could become limited. Plus, I don't think it is anyones business if I smoke or not (which I don't, trust me) but there is no need to advertise. Those of you that walk around with the mary jane advertisments, you really don't need to advertise, you look like a fucking stoner anyway.

o, hey, gumby, it just occurs to me now that perhaps you misunderstood me when i said "celebrate." i didn't mean that i wanted to go out to a parade with a lei of pot leaves or anything :hey: ; i was just referring to that moment i have every year where the 4:20 chuckle is extra silly (and so am i) 'cause it's also 4/20. ah, well.

my comments weren't necessarily directed toward you my dear lady...it's just that what you said reminded me of my fascination with the whole 420 deal and i decided to take the opportunity to chime in

and to answer your question, yes dlish, i have started the regimen...and my life will never be the same, on so many levels

c-ya in september!