Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So will Richie Rydell Give Denny COMPETITION

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think richie will give a competition to Denny,,,I've gone to Metro various of times and Richie sure can tear some shit up, I've know denny for a long time and he has his ups and downs,,,which is normal,,,every dj out there has competition with someone else.

But nothing beats Denny @ TEMPTS..

My opinion on this, to me they are equal. They're 2 good djs @ the same level. But thats my opnion..

Victor Soto

Red Carpet Promo

Last summer I was @ Temps just about every single Saturday, so it definitely would take a lot for me to try a new venue especially since Tsettos is guaranteed to deliver some bombs. But with RR doing Saturdays now, it will be a whole new ball game. Last year I never heard of Richie Rydel, people talked about him and I said "who the hell is that?". But this past winter, I ventured off into Metro one Friday and I don't think I have missed a Metro Friday since. Rydel IMO is the best Jersey DJ right now. I don't remember him ever having an off night. Everyone says he is a north jersey draw, but I think if people try him out once they will see what all the hype is about.

I don't think its about the competition though, because I will be @ both places this summer. Its all about having a good time regardless of where you are going. If you haven't heard Rydel, go hear him once, and I think you will be in for a big surprise.

That Temps room is just so hard to compete with .....the room really does put you on another level. Besides SF I don't think you can get a better vibe.

Going up against Temps and Denny is going to be rough for any DJ, but Richie is the best person to do it. He had the most consistent party this winter, so lets see if he will bring his following to the jersey shore.

Originally posted by djdanfury

Besides SF I don't think you can get a better vibe.

be yourself @ vinyl every friday with dj danny tenaglia, c'mon bro talk about a vibe...

anyhow i think merge will be busy as will temps, i think rydell will have his peeps there, the room isnt that big so it wil be easy to fill, i think both willbe fine all summer

Guest saleen351

OK THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS.... EVEN IF GOD WAS PLAYING MERGE, IT WOULD STILL FAIL... ITS NOT THE TALENT, ITS THE CLUB.... IT WAS SET UP ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WRONG. THE ROOM SUCKS... MY BEDROOM IS BIGGER THEN THE DANCE FLOOR. PETEY K OR WHAT EVER HIS NAME SHOULD OF LEFT THE PLACE THE SAME AS IT WAS BEFORE.... ITS DONE ALL WRONG.... NO VIBE, NO ENERGY, HELL TO GET A DRINK YOU HAVE TO TURN YOUR BACK ON THE ACTION AND FACE THE WALL.... THE STAFF SUCKS MOOSE BALLS.... TAKES FOREVER TO GET A DRINK IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY SHOWED UP... YOU HAVE TO STAND 5 DEEP BECAUSE THE BARS ALL SET UP ALL WRONG.... THAT HALL WAY IS A WASTE OF SPACE... UNLESS YOU WANT TO DO DRUGS UP IN THERE... THE PLACE IS DIRTY... < NOT ONLY IS THIS MY OPINON, BUT SOME BUSINESS MEN IN SSH HAVE TOLD ME THE SAME THING... THEY SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS THOUGH, I'M NOT HEAR TO CAUSE TROUBLE...

NOW FOR RR.... AIN'T HAPPENING.... ONCE AGAIN I'LL POST IT... HE SAID OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH TO SOME BIG TIME DJS THAT I TALKED TO THAT HE CAN'T BE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUCK HE IS........... YOU MUST WIN THE LOCALS OR THE PLACE WILL BE DEAD.... NO ONE DOWN HERE IN CENTRAL NJ HAVE EVER HEARD OF HIM..... FORGET METRO, THERE IS LITTLE TO NO COMPETTION IN NJ FOR THAT CLUB... THATS WHY ITS PACKED....

ITS OVA..... MERGE WILL CLOSE AFTER THIS YEAR..< MARK MY WORDS... WHY MAY YOU ASK... NEW SPORTS BAR/LOUNGE COMMING IN TO SSH NEXT YEAR...THOUGH THERE IS TALK OF IT BEING DONE THIS YEAR, BUT NOT HAPPENING.. JUST ONE MORE PLACE MERGE HAS TO COMPETE WITH.....

TEMPTS AND XS = NO SHOW ALL GO!

MERGE= ALL SHOW NO GO!!!!

THE GUYS THAT RUN AND PROMTE MERGE AREN'T THE SHARPEST TOOLS IN THE SHED.....

PSSS MERGE YOU WANT YOUR CLUB TO BE PACKED, WELL THROW A TRUCK LOAD OF MONEY AT CODY AND JJ ..... CAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.... NO PROMOS, NO WINTER PARTIES. NO NOTHING.... HOW DUMB ARE YOU PEOPLE....

SEE YOU GUYS IN THE UNEMPLOYMENT LINE....

Saleen, i see you opinions of the club but your FACTS are wrong. Here are some facts.

1. the dance floor at merge is has more square footage then temps and xs'S dance floor (this is a fact,check the floorplans, measure the square footage, it does not lie) Not that that really matters....who cares? People dance everywhere.

2. Xs has the most building square footage, then Merge (including levels 1 & LEVEL 2 , then tempts ( does not really matter either.)

3. You were totally wrong about who was djing.

4. Our staff does not "suck" and that is rude and childish to say. I think the thousand plus people that come to metro each and every week would disagree. I see you are friends with people who bartend at xs, THATS GREAT! And i have met and also know some of them, i think they are really good people, But just cause you dont know ME it does not mean i suck, does it?

5. metro has no competition?! I think the countless friday parties that have come and gone would probably disagree with you. North jersey is a hard place to hold down a consistint club. And the ones that are still around, are there because they are good clubs (joeys, metro, soundgarden)

As far as the layout, it may not be your cup of tea, but, this club was designed as a DANCE club, not a local bar. DJS ABSOLOUTLY LOVE THE ROOM. I personally like round bars also if i am looking to hang out and have a couple of drinks in a bar atmosphere, Not to hear sick dance music and go crazy. but the design and layout of Merge is to cater to the dj (the whole place surronds the dj and the dance floor and the dj is set high above everyone)and people who want a comfortable place to dance. I DONT REMEMBER SEEING ANY ROUND BARS AT TWILO OR SOUNDFACTORY. Also, metros bars are u bars against the walls, i dont hear anyone complaining they cant get a drink.

And as far as winter time events, i think New Years eve, Thanksgiving Eve, AND LAST MONTHS Dj Boris AT MERGE turned out GREAT.

And also, i should let you know, unless someone brings a really, really, really, really , really ,really...........REALLY BIG!!!!! BAG OF MONEY, (did i say, REALLY BIG) MERGE IS GONNA BE AROUND FOR A WHILE.........................:D Im only fuckin' with you saleen, if you do happen to come into town this summer (since i see you are in florida), come over and introduce yourself to me. We are not as bad as you might think.

GEORGE B.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ml2k1

Saleen, i see you opinions of the club but your FACTS are wrong. Here are some facts.

1. the dance floor at merge is has more square footage then temps and xs'S dance floor (this is a fact,check the floorplans, measure the square footage, it does not lie) Not that that really matters....who cares? People dance everywhere.

2. Xs has the most building square footage, then Merge (including levels 1 & LEVEL 2 , then tempts ( does not really matter either.)

3. You were totally wrong about who was djing.

4. Our staff does not "suck" and that is rude and childish to say. I think the thousand plus people that come to metro each and every week would disagree. I see you are friends with people who bartend at xs, THATS GREAT! And i have met and also know some of them, i think they are really good people, But just cause you dont know ME it does not mean i suck, does it?

5. metro has no competition?! I think the countless friday parties that have come and gone would probably disagree with you. North jersey is a hard place to hold down a consistint club. And the ones that are still around, are there because they are good clubs (joeys, metro, soundgarden)

As far as the layout, it may not be your cup of tea, but, this club was designed as a DANCE club, not a local bar. DJS ABSOLOUTLY LOVE THE ROOM. I personally like round bars also if i am looking to hang out and have a couple of drinks in a bar atmosphere, Not to hear sick dance music and go crazy. but the design and layout of Merge is to cater to the dj (the whole place surronds the dj and the dance floor and the dj is set high above everyone)and people who want a comfortable place to dance. I DONT REMEMBER SEEING ANY ROUND BARS AT TWILO OR SOUNDFACTORY. Also, metros bars are u bars against the walls, i dont hear anyone complaining they cant get a drink.

And as far as winter time events, i think New Years eve, Thanksgiving Eve, AND LAST MONTHS Dj Boris AT MERGE turned out GREAT.

And also, i should let you know, unless someone brings a really, really, really, really , really ,really...........REALLY BIG!!!!! BAG OF MONEY, (did i say, REALLY BIG) MERGE IS GONNA BE AROUND FOR A WHILE.........................:D Im only fuckin' with you saleen, if you do happen to come into town this summer (since i see you are in florida), come over and introduce yourself to me. We are not as bad as you might think.

GEORGE B.

Well lets test your theory out.. Put a thread up asking how people like or dislike the staff at merge, Not metro... be honest, just post, "whats your opinion of our staff at merge".... then we'll see whos right or wrong.... I'l telling you from being a local down there I know my shit, and your staff sucks... but I may be wrong so throw the thread up.... and we'll see.... can't hurt...

ps take down those fucking curtain thingys by the dance floor. they are annoying..

Originally posted by saleen351

OK THIS IS THE LAST TIME I POST THIS.... EVEN IF GOD WAS PLAYING MERGE, IT WOULD STILL FAIL... ITS NOT THE TALENT, ITS THE CLUB.... IT WAS SET UP ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WRONG. THE ROOM SUCKS... MY BEDROOM IS BIGGER THEN THE DANCE FLOOR. PETEY K OR WHAT EVER HIS NAME SHOULD OF LEFT THE PLACE THE SAME AS IT WAS BEFORE.... ITS DONE ALL WRONG.... NO VIBE, NO ENERGY, HELL TO GET A DRINK YOU HAVE TO TURN YOUR BACK ON THE ACTION AND FACE THE WALL.... THE STAFF SUCKS MOOSE BALLS.... TAKES FOREVER TO GET A DRINK IF PEOPLE ACTUALLY SHOWED UP... YOU HAVE TO STAND 5 DEEP BECAUSE THE BARS ALL SET UP ALL WRONG.... THAT HALL WAY IS A WASTE OF SPACE... UNLESS YOU WANT TO DO DRUGS UP IN THERE... THE PLACE IS DIRTY... < NOT ONLY IS THIS MY OPINON, BUT SOME BUSINESS MEN IN SSH HAVE TOLD ME THE SAME THING... THEY SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS THOUGH, I'M NOT HEAR TO CAUSE TROUBLE...

NOW FOR RR.... AIN'T HAPPENING.... ONCE AGAIN I'LL POST IT... HE SAID OUT OF HIS OWN MOUTH TO SOME BIG TIME DJS THAT I TALKED TO THAT HE CAN'T BE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUCK HE IS........... YOU MUST WIN THE LOCALS OR THE PLACE WILL BE DEAD.... NO ONE DOWN HERE IN CENTRAL NJ HAVE EVER HEARD OF HIM..... FORGET METRO, THERE IS LITTLE TO NO COMPETTION IN NJ FOR THAT CLUB... THATS WHY ITS PACKED....

ITS OVA..... MERGE WILL CLOSE AFTER THIS YEAR..< MARK MY WORDS... WHY MAY YOU ASK... NEW SPORTS BAR/LOUNGE COMMING IN TO SSH NEXT YEAR...THOUGH THERE IS TALK OF IT BEING DONE THIS YEAR, BUT NOT HAPPENING.. JUST ONE MORE PLACE MERGE HAS TO COMPETE WITH.....

PSSS MERGE YOU WANT YOUR CLUB TO BE PACKED, WELL THROW A TRUCK LOAD OF MONEY AT CODY AND JJ ..... CAUSE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.... NO PROMOS, NO WINTER PARTIES. NO NOTHING.... HOW DUMB ARE YOU PEOPLE....

Just when this guy makes a little sense on a couple of posts he completely makes a jack ass out of himself (again)...

First, you act like you are the fucking man down the shore and

basically its all an act, thats pretty obvious. The Temps doorman beat your ass with the best post ass whipping I have ever read on this boad in 3 years.

Second reason your credibility is shot is you bad mouth Baez as being washed up (1 of your 2000 posts last month) and then you meet him and what happends??? "He is the nicest guy."

Guess what Saleen- Your a sell out and a hyporcrite... Your just desperate to fit into "the scene." I have nothing personal against you but your simply a "Mark" to get in, if any dj gave you the time of day you would blow him up. Talk big and post big.... please.

As for the original question: No one will give Denny any competition, Temps will be packed no matter what. If the shore can appreciate a harder style that Richie plays than customers will have a choice, its that simple. I wouldn't care if the jersey shore had 10 clubs, that means I have more choices of where Ill drop my bills....

Lets just drink, get wasted and have fucking fun.....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by thesandman

Just when this guy makes a little sense on a couple of posts he completely makes a jack ass out of himself (again)...

First, you act like you are the fucking man down the shore and

basically its all an act, thats pretty obvious. The Temps doorman beat your ass with the best post ass whipping I have ever read on this boad in 3 years.

Second reason your credibility is shot is you bad mouth Baez as being washed up (1 of your 2000 posts last month) and then you meet him and what happends??? "He is the nicest guy."

Guess what Saleen- Your a sell out and a hyporcrite... Your just desperate to fit into "the scene." I have nothing personal against you but your simply a "Mark" to get in, if any dj gave you the time of day you would blow him up. Talk big and post big.... please.

As for the original question: No one will give Denny any competition, Temps will be packed no matter what. If the shore can appreciate a harder style that Richie plays than customers will have a choice, its that simple. I wouldn't care if the jersey shore had 10 clubs, that means I have more choices of where Ill drop my bills....

Lets just drink, get wasted and have fucking fun.....

I bashed baez, cause for the longest time he sucked... Then at xs I met him and he was the nicest guy.... That had NOTHING to do with how he played... A dj can be nice or evil but doesn't change his set.. Eddie played awesome that night... He finally got into rehab and got back to music..... why do u think he was hired and you see him at all the big clubs now? Hes at SF on fridays. So you look like a jack ass, you know nothing.... Eddie was fucked on drugs and booze but now hes back and will blow it up down there... Even if his set sucked I would still of posted he is the nicest guy.... moron..

I don't act like the man, I've lived at the shore my WHOLE LIFE>..idiot... I know the door guys, bartenders, managers, cops, etc..... just like you know the people where your from..... I've been in the scene when bermuda was the hottest shit since slice bread down there.... So no its not an act... and who else on this board has leaked everything about ALL the clubs down there? ME... please pull a post up where I was wrong... don't reply to this unless you can...... cause you can't..... :blown:

I get tons and tons of thankyous for sending out tracks all the time...... thats a fact jack... when you got safe from harm million bucks sez it came from me......!!!!!! The new pump up the jam, who sent that out................ ? ME! I don't act tough.... I am tough.... so when you go see DT at merge, you can thank me for telling you about it 3 months in advanced....

Guest saleen351

ps sandman....

you can look this up if you would like....

TEO and I hate each other.... ceeotter had to yell at him to give me a shout out since I was leaving, but 2 weeks before that I posted that TEO threw down the best winter set at XS and that includes JV set......

So please tell me again how if a dj gives me the time of day I'll "blow him up"

please ask the otter of cody or jbr......

game over...

NEXT.....................................

OMG ...shut the fuck up already!! Enough with the Merge bashing already. I'll admit i was the first to talk shit last summer, but I really think they stand a good chance this summer. And as far as RR...if you havent heard him play, then where do you get off bashing him?? I've heard him just about every Friday this winter, and I cant recall a time when he was off. As far as the Merge staff...i'm sure u dont know all of the bartenders, so dont be so quick to judge. Lastly, I dont know why you always have to state your OPINION as if its the end all, final word...I MEAN...it is only an OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by lesdig

OMG ...shut the fuck up already!! Enough with the Merge bashing already. I'll admit i was the first to talk shit last summer, but I really think they stand a good chance this summer. And as far as RR...if you havent heard him play, then where do you get off bashing him?? I've heard him just about every Friday this winter, and I cant recall a time when he was off. As far as the Merge staff...i'm sure u dont know all of the bartenders, so dont be so quick to judge. Lastly, I dont know why you always have to state your OPINION as if its the end all, final word...I MEAN...it is only an OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

please post where I have been wrong in the past... IF not then STFU..............

my opinon is exactly that............ you dont' like then you don't read it..............

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saleen, you just don't GET IT.... Your beyond help and make notallthere look like a rocket scientist.

Who cares what dj was in or out of rehab, is he your friend or mine... no..

Don't say you have never been wrong, you have been wrong plenty of times and I am not one to sit here and look up your post history... I have enjoyed a handful of your posts b/c this whole board is for entertainment, but once you start your slander campaign your just another Jack Ass.

Im done with you... call it Game Over but thats HHH's schtick and you are far from The Game...

Sandman put you to sleep and I went easy on you.....

(your welcome Jr.)

George and the rest of the Metro staff is one of the best staff that I have encountered. The Metro staff will be down at Merge when the summer starts so they shouldnt be no problems. George is the best batender I have has since I have been to clubs. He is down to earth. He has been serving me since he was a bartender at Abyss 5 years ago.

Lets be honest here, Tettos and Rydell on the same block it can't get any better then that, they have two tottally diffrent styles. Saleen i dont know where you get off bashing the metro staff but i have never had a problem with any of them.... as i havent had a problem with any of the tempts or xs staff either.... Lets just all have a good and drama free summer...

im tired of hearing about richie rydell...if hes going to give denny a go this summer. personally i could care less. plain and simple richie sucks...he sucks big time. he needs to learn tempo control first...and as for metro fridays, it sucks there too. i feel like i want to fight when im in that place listenin to that thing mixin wax (or at least trying to) i dotn even like denny. i think he needs to buy new records, cause relentless come on...if you still like this song you are wack yourself. keep pumpin your fists in the air like a dork on a pill with your jaw stickin out to the ceiling. some people just have no clue, yous really dont. ive been going out for a long time...have listened to alot of DJ's and let me tell you something, richie needs more work...ALOT OF WORK. he couldnt cut it in the city and i know this from word of mouf and from people in the industry. and rich if you read this GET YOUR SKILLS UP SON and SLOW THE F*CK DOWN!!!!

as for denny: you got the skills kid, you got the talent your mixing is on point. drop the garbage records and play some hot wax. not this jersey crap that you play. the records are old, get some new wax and spin that shit, leave the keys home and retire the tamperer cause the shit is just WACK!!!

as for temps: good atmosphere, good night to chill, my beef...guys...enough with the WAXING OF THE BROWS and STOP SHOPPING AT MANDEES WITH YOUR GIRLFREINDS. LOSEN UP THE CLOTHING AND THE SPIKES ARE JUST OUT OF CONTROL. YOUR GONNA POKE SOMEONES EYE OUT!!! and for the girls...keep the titties jumpin...

as for merge: petey petey..my short freind...got to get some lights up in that peice...i feel like im in a dungeon. as for your decision on the residency...bad move...you did something like this last year with covella and look what happened. he didnt last too long did he. i think this is going to be a long summer for you brotha, cause you can make some shitty decisions sometimes and you proved it again this summer...:confused:

Comparing Denny Tsettos and Richie Rydell is like comparing Pinapples to Watermelons... There is not one similar thing about the two!

It's not about competition, it's about the style of music played. Denny has a completely different thing going on than Richie... And each one has his followers.

First of all lets get this straight......George and his crew a great bunch of people....I posted this topic to see what people think about RR giving Denny COMPETITION.....Not how big the dance space is @ Merge. I havent been there yet but fromwhat I hear it is a beautiful club and I will be sure to jump back and fourth from TEMP to MERGE.......

RR I think will drop crazy sets because everytime I go to Metro that is exactly what he does and same with Denny @ TEMPS....They are both going to RIP shit up.....So here a suggestion lets stick with the topic not opinoins

George I will try to make it out to Metro tonight.....

Badass Chicken soup can........LOL George

please post where I have been wrong in the past... IF not then STFU..............

my opinon is exactly that............ you dont' like then you don't read it..............

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry i didn't realize that u were NEVER wrong...but where exactly in my post did i say u were wrong about anything??? All I said was stop talking shit about people/places JUST because you dont like them...opinions are just that, opinions, not right/wrong...so RELAX buddy:) :)