Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So will Richie Rydell Give Denny COMPETITION

Someone said no one is better than Denny down the shore??? There are so many Dj's that would blow Denny away down the shore if it were possible to get them down there. But there is no way to get a super DJ for a residency down there. To seaside Denny is their super DJ but really far from a super DJ. DT will be making an appearance down there this summer. Imagine him having a summer residency down there, Tempts would be done. If JP had a residency down in seaside Denny would done. Most of tempts regulars are part of the JP and SF family. Denny and Tempts kick ass but that's because thats the best summer residency sleezeside has to offer. As far as any other DJ being better than Denny at the shore? Yes, there are many without a doubt that would be better its just the matter of getting them down there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by Jsen7

Someone said no one is better than Denny down the shore??? There are so many Dj's that would blow Denny away down the shore if it were possible to get them down there. But there is no way to get a super DJ for a residency down there. To seaside Denny is their super DJ but really far from a super DJ. DT will be making an appearance down there this summer. Imagine him having a summer residency down there, Tempts would be done. If JP had a residency down in seaside Denny would done. Most of tempts regulars are part of the JP and SF family. Denny and Tempts kick ass but that's because thats the best summer residency sleezeside has to offer. As far as any other DJ being better than Denny at the shore? Yes, there are many without a doubt that would be better its just the matter of getting them down there.

WELL THROW A LIST UP OF DJS YOU WANT TO HEAR

Rydell got skills....and could make it. But I am just soo disappointed with Merge. I dont like the layout...staff is made up of know-it-alls that really dont know shit. Merge just aint the place for me. I highly doubt it's gonna even come close to competing with Tsettos/Tempts. Good luck tho :D Thats just my opinion though....plus all my crew will be at the place that hasn't failed one summer yet....TEMPTS!!! :D

Haha JP:eek: Haha JP:eek:

The Jersey shore doesn't have enough time for Mr.JP! The clubs close by 4am, so how many track would we get to hear? 2 at tops. JP would not out do Denny on the BLVD, thats a fact bitch.

The blvd will be packed with talent this summer. Tsettos,Rydell,JV,Boris,EB,Teo,and RS. Go to Factory this summer and listen to your pots and pans>

and Saleen I hate to do this to you, but you were wrong about one thing I could remember....a couple months ago you said Rydell would not be the dj on saturdays at Merge!

JP plays outside of SF and does 5 to 8 hour sets. Denny would be playing to the bartenders and bouncers if JP came down there ah hahahahahahahahahaha. Denny is nothing without tempts. Denny sucked in NYC. Couldn't work or hold a crowd and thats a fact. When Denny plays other clubs in NJ he never packs the clubs in. Denny is mediocre outside of tempts. Dont get me wrong i like Denny and tempts but he isn't anything that great outside of tempts. i remember when i used to be on a high horse with tempts and was like tempts yeah baby its the greatest until i opened my ears to NYC and u know what? there is even alot better outside of NYC. for the jersey shore and the summer tempts does the job but its funny when people act like the music that comes out of that place is like no other. Most music that is played in there was being played the winter before in clubs in nyc like SF and others.

Originally posted by tempkid

Haha JP:eek: Haha JP:eek:

The Jersey shore doesn't have enough time for Mr.JP! The clubs close by 4am, so how many track would we get to hear? 2 at tops. JP would not out do Denny on the BLVD, thats a fact bitch.

The blvd will be packed with talent this summer. Tsettos,Rydell,JV,Boris,EB,Teo,and RS. Go to Factory this summer and listen to your pots and pans>

WoW! I couldnt have said it better myself:D

The blvd will be packed with talent this summer. Tsettos,Rydell,JV,Boris,EB,Teo,and RS. .

:laugh: Are you trying to say that any of these guys are in the same league as JP ? Maybe a 1 or 2...but most aren't even close to being able to hold a CONTINUOUS party in NY ...or anywhere for that matter. They ain't bad...but c'mon now....lets be serious.

JP plays outside of SF and does 5 to 8 hour sets. Denny would be playing to the bartenders and bouncers if JP came down there ah hahahahahahahahahaha. Denny is nothing without tempts. Denny sucked in NYC. Couldn't work or hold a crowd and thats a fact. When Denny plays other clubs in NJ he never packs the clubs in. Denny is mediocre outside of tempts. Dont get me wrong i like Denny and tempts but he isn't anything that great outside of tempts.

Ok correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but when Denny does guestspots at Joeys,SG,Bunkas,Platinum, or anywhere else in Jersey he usually packs it out.

When Denny opened up Exit a couple of years ago, he packed t out untill he left for Tempts in may. Same went for World it's first year, he packed it out untill he went to Tempts. When he came back this year back both at World and Exit he didn't fail, but NYC had a terrible, I mean terrible winter. He didn't fail, but the clubs did. they didn't do to good with out him either. The only good nights in NYC was when the international Dj's spun. The only reason SF did good becaue it is the afterhours kingdom and the crackheads need to go somewhere.

I was at bunkas the last time denny was there, it wasn't packed out. Plus the guy cant even spin a good enough hours i think he was on for maybe 1 1/2 hours if that. I went there to actually hear him and he barely spun and he played rivera tracks the entire time. Rivera's tracks r awesome but he needs to mix it up. Hope tempts isn't Rivera all night 'cuz they might as well have Roobie rivera come in and spin and that would be fucking awesome right DAN? His parties in the city were not that great. World sux period. the Exit party was ok at first and than collapsed. He couldn't grasp the NYC crowd. Denny's spotlight will remain tempts and thats it. JP and DT can set up their tables on the actual boardwalk and all the clubs in sleezeside would be ruined, ah hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

I was at bunkas the last time denny was there, it wasn't packed out. Plus the guy cant even spin a good enough hours i think he was on for maybe 1 1/2 hours if that. I went there to actually hear him and he barely spun and he played rivera tracks the entire time. Rivera's tracks r awesome but he needs to mix it up. Hope tempts isn't Rivera all night 'cuz they might as well have Roobie rivera come in and spin and that would be fucking awesome right DAN? His parties in the city were not that great. World sux period. the Exit party was ok at first and than collapsed. He couldn't grasp the NYC crowd. Denny's spotlight will remain tempts and thats it. JP and DT can set up their tables on the actual boardwalk and all the clubs in sleezeside would be ruined, ah hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Bro how can you compare JP with DT(Tenaglia) now! DT blows him away! I don't know why we get into this argument it's all about what style of music you like, so after saying that, even if you don't like Denny's selection his mixing skills are as perfect as anyone out there. It's also about catering your crowd. You been to Tempts, have you seen any place with that much energy week after week after week. I been to all the clubs from Vinyl to SF to Twilo and I have still yet to see a crowd get as crazy as Tempts and all those places I mentioned with all do respect have great energy.

i never said i disliked denny. i like denny, jp, dt and many others. but out of all of them denny is no way the best. tempts has energy but your talking about a place that opens from 9 to 3 or 4am as opposed to afterhours places like sf thats opened for atleast 15 - 16 hours on a sat. night and when SF peaks it peaks with energy and those who know, know. vinyl also has an awesome vibe of energy which was brought to abss last night. i said it before i used to love denny and tempts until i opened up to NYC and others. So just chill cuz i dont dislike denny. i like tempts and what he does there.

Oh yea an I forgot to mention about Rydell! He gets better and better each time out I hear him. He is moving up on my list! And Metro staff has been really good to me this year, George even gave me my own super size cup and let me make my own rum and cokes. Nobody can deny that Metro fridays was a huge success this year.

Most energy i have ever seen at Tempts was summer of '99. Killer summer playing songs like deep chemical, embargo, drum theory, my love is your love, above the clouds, sal dano - hands up(this is the police). tempts closing party that year was insane. the progressive music that year was great, one of my best summers ever. i like rydell also, metro fridays are pretty bangin'.

I think JP wouldn't do so well in Seaside, it's summertime and people want to have a good time listening to all upbeat energy style music. I'm not saying that JP is in anyway bad, but his style wouldn't go over to well, there's no time for a 4 hour K-hole set.

Most energy i have ever seen at Tempts was summer of '99. Killer summer playing songs like deep chemical, embargo, drum theory, my love is your love, above the clouds, sal dano - hands up(this is the police). tempts closing party that year was insane. the progressive music that year was great, one of my best summers ever. i like rydell also, metro fridays are pretty bangin'.

I agree summer 99 was unreal every weekend.

That closing pary was sick! But I still think 2000 was the best closing party. I remember it was pouring outside, but people got more wet inside with all the water from the supersoakers and water bottles flying when Denny dropped a sick pretty long mix of "lets get soaking wet" Last summer was sick also, how crazy would of it got if Denny dropped hands up(this is the police) as the last song after sweet dreams considering the police came in.

JP has no upbeat music??? wowwwww your crazy. jp spins for so many hours and the music goes through different tempos throughout his set. it might be hard pounding at one point than working back down and going back up again. there is no way u can have full energy for so many hours like he spins. people choose to sit in a k hole for hours thats their problem. people being in a k hole at the factory isn't gonna change the tempo of the music. sometimes the music there makes u feel laid back but u know i dont think that JP's afterhours sat, night party has been going for so many years cuz it has no energy or mediocre energy, cuz when factory peaks it will blow anything in this area away. so many tempts heads venture to sf after tempts. so u tell me, they drive back up to nyc over an hour away to hear music that has no energy or vibe??? no i dont think so. if jp were to play a 6 - 7 hour set anywhere and lets just say seaside the time of his tracks in a set would be cut down. he doesn't play a song for song like at sf. at sf he has all the time he wants to fawk around with tracks. all in all i still like denny and i had some great times at tempts.

That closing pary was sick! But I still think 2000 was the best closing party. I remember it was pouring outside, but people got more wet inside with all the water from the supersoakers and water bottles flying when Denny dropped a sick pretty long mix of "lets get soaking wet" Last summer was sick also, how crazy would of it got if Denny dropped hands up(this is the police) as the last song after sweet dreams considering the police came in.

99 was the best closing, it was so hot and so much more packed than i'd ever seen the place, and when denny dropped feel it, i thought the place was gonna explode, there was no controlling anyone.

Originally posted by tommytempts

I think your talking about SF ''99 now, it's not at all what it use to be. Ask anyone who knows and the will tell you the same

So true, you can even go back to 98. I wish all heads praising SF now would only know how good it really used to be. Then maybe they can see were we are coming from.

This should be a gr8 summer @ the shore both venues should be bangin. Personaly i think theyll be somewhat of 2 diff crowds. I do have to say i know for a FACT Rydell has some strong things in the works for this summer and early fall, i think this will fill in the missing link (the one where people claim not to know of him). So everyone keep your EARS & EYES open cause your in for some real surprises!!!!!!!!!!!

honestly,

to me no offense, this is my opinion, b/c i know there are alot of denny lovers out there, but i personally do not like denny at all. he draws a huge crowd that is about it. he is only sick at temps, i was at joeys about a month ago. denny was spinning, and there was no vibe at all. nobody was really feeling the music. for me he plays too much tribal.(i like tribal but he plays the tribal i listen to, to try to go to bed after a long night at factory). again i say no offense to denny or denny fans. alot of people just say they love denny and he is the best dj because they think thats the cool thing to say. he is going to be sick at tempts he always is, but it is not my crowd and its not for me.

richie rydell i think is also a sick dj.

he lights up a room, they go crazy.

he is an off da hook dj. that is my opinion, no offense to anybody who takes it to offense.

ill be at merge b/c i like richie style of music.

this year he is the most talked about dj in jersey.

what is great about richie is he just wants to play to a crowd.

he doesn't want comp with denny. there is no reason for it.

both clubs are off da hook, and both will be packed this year.

i think people who say they will never go to merge are going to be there this year. guarenteed!

Denny @ Tempts is a sick time and the atmosphere is electric i will agree. I had many a crazy times in that joint and hope to have more. That is the only venue I think Denny has mad juice creating an electric vibe and its something about the venue. Like being said inside Tempts "PEOPLE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND THE POWER OF TEMPTATIONS"