Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VJ's in the US?

Hey, I'm Dutch and my cousin is from Austin. She said she never heard of or seen a VJ (not from MTV, but the guy that mixes videos at parties on a large screen).

I was shocked.... I mean do the US know VJ's? Where should I go in NY, to see some pro s at work? Like Micha Klein (www.michaklein.com; from the well-known PILLMAN) or REL or Danielle Kwaaitaal. Do any of these names sound familiar (<-- is that the way to spell it?!?)?

See you in a couple of days NYC!!

delKing.

OHMYGOD... just found a nice piece about Micha:

http://www.adobe.co.uk/motion/features/micha/main.html check out the quicktime-movie!!

101.jpg

He's good... No VJ is as interesting... believe me...

VJ Exeris does some pretty twisted visuals that he mixes live in time with the music, but I don't think he's done any of those kinda gigs since he moved here. I did a remix for his band, Mindless Faith, and he showed me some videos of raves he VJ'd at before he moved to NYC.

FF serieus Delking, ik vlieg vanavond met de KL 643 om 19.20.

Kom ook naar Exit op vrijdag de 3e van mei, want dan draaid Armin van Buuren. Dit is niet te geloven. Kijk mijn threads maar na, dan kom je alles te weten over waar ik zit enzo.

translation:

For real Delking. I'm taking the 19.20 flight on the KL643 this evening. Better come over to Exit on the 3rd of May to see Armin van Buuren. This is sooooo unreal. Look at my threads, in order to find out all you need to know about where I stay etc.

In case you didn't know, you can do a search on my name..

I'll be staying at Lyden Gardens from the 26th till the 3rd of May and at the On the Ave. hotel from the 3rd till the 5th of May.

Check your PM, please!!

Maarruh.... Neem je geen bommen mee vanavond... tSchijnt (of tScheint? Neh) dat je dan het land niet meer in komt. Maar m'n grote zus woont in New York. Misschien kan ik je bellen vanuit haar, naar je hotel.

Koele naam hoor, Micha.

Latros Patros,

Roellie.

Ik zal even een fotootje van mezelf maken.... tot zo...

OKey ppl,

This is me, after a veeeerrry nice party (notice the daylight shining on my face?)... I've tried for about 5 hours now to go to sleep... Too bad I didn't get any though and I have to go to work...

I didn't dare to try a higher resolution... Maybe next time before I'm going to do some dancin'.

delKing.