Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acosta or Edgar V on May 11

orlorb

Hello from LA. Me and my girlfriend are going to be in Miami from may 9-11. Are flying in from seeing Sasha And Digweed in Vegas on May 4. We have been in the LA club scene for a looong time. Guiv with Spundae and Dave with Giant are doing a great job here in SoCal bringing in the top DJs every week. Heard nothing but great things from friends that were in Miami for WMC. You guys are lucky to have many great venues to choose from. Here in LA the Electronic club scene is dominated by Spundae at Circus and Giant (no venue at the moment). Anyway we want to get a good Trance fix (LA is being overrun with too much Progressive IMO) Was going to see Acosta at Level but heard bad things when he was here at Spundae a couple of weeks ago. Have been hearing good things about Edgar V. Which do you recommend ? Any suggestions for Thurs. May 9, and Fri May 10? Thanks:)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

what bad things did u hear?

edgar v got a very negative review by the nyc crowd... I think he played there about a month ago... not sure....

Originally posted by saleen351

edgar v got a very negative review by the nyc crowd... I think he played there about a month ago... not sure....

not much of edgar v fan...i think he is a good dj and works hard..but not my cup of tea...but he was contracted to open for oakenfold and pvd (in europe)...so cant be that that bad...

mrmatas2277, Alot of people thought he came off arrogant ala Oakenfold. They said there were just too many breakdowns. Very predictable. Some over here in LA are very hard too please. Even Danny Tenaglia got mixed reviews when he was at the Mayan a couple of months back. I thought he was great! Proggresive is really big here, S and D, along with Kleinenburg are probably the favorites here. I really like Acosta's Next Level CD. Looks like its going to be a game time decision for me:) Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by edgarv

saleen :

if NY hated me so much how come i'm playing once a month at exit.......explain that mr. club guru

club guru.... ok, simple.... fridays draper owned the place... he got fired.. now they bring in all types of djs.... very few clubs in the world pack em in on both fridays and sats... there is a lot of slots to fill.... sats are owned by JR for afterhours... before that its just a warm up to jr... yea people are there not for the dj before jr.... do you have any idea how many djs play exit in a single weekend... I say all in all with all the rooms at least 15-20..... like I said lots of spots to fill..... thats around 80 djs a month!!!!!!! is there 80 great djs out there? NO!!! your filler for the big boys... sorry, your reviews were not great.... and i never saw you and I said I'm willing to check you out.. but my friends and fellow cpers who have very simular style of music didn't like your set..... tiesto got horrid reviews..... nyc is a tough racket,, get use to it or stay in sobe..... I'm comming to check you out.. but I hear you play trance.... but I'm willing to waste 20 bucks... better have your A game....

once again real djs don't post on message boards... your in the entertainment biz, if you can't handle then get out....

if you throw a good set down i'll be the first to admit it....

ps note, if you play PPK resurection even once I'm going postal... tell those clowns from last sat to stick to proms and weddings...

I'll come by and say hi, if you want me to.. and turn the lights off in there.... its not a faggot fairy party, its a club....

list of people who saleen pissed off:

liquidowner

edgarv

dj iggy aka dj ppk resurection

other 2 clowns that were there ( but for the first guy hes there to warm the crowd up so I understand... )

85% of the maimi board....

not a bad 2 weeks.. some day you guys will thank me... your scene needs work and you guys don't demand it like we do in the northeast.... don't support a scene that doesn't support you, create a new one!!!!

and if none of yous gave a damm about me you wouldn't respond to me...

We respond because we think your a joke. And we all want to support each by making fun of you. Come on! You must be all clogged up cuz the sh*t is starting to pour out of your mouth onto this board. You're startin' to stink this sight up. We're all taking this guy/girl? way too serious. Whoever usually posts those "Jokes of the Day" - don't bother this guys the biggest joke of all. Trance won't die! So stay up north and keep putting lots of lotion on those knees! See at Exit in May. You'll be the one with the with the headphones on blasting your precious MP3's, right?

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by busty36

We respond because we think your a joke. And we all want to support each by making fun of you. Come on! You must be all clogged up cuz the sh*t is starting to pour out of your mouth onto this board. You're startin' to stink this sight up. We're all taking this guy/girl? way too serious. Whoever usually posts those "Jokes of the Day" - don't bother this guys the biggest joke of all. Trance won't die! So stay up north and keep putting lots of lotion on those knees! See at Exit in May. You'll be the one with the with the headphones on blasting your precious MP3's, right?

yup, you nailed it..:rolleyes:

Sorry ... back to the original question? Thursday nights at Crobar don't suck. Friday used to be Space but that's fizzled out (about when they let Edgar go). So you should give Billboard Live a shot. And Saturday you should definitly hit Liquid on Saturdayfor a proper dose of Edgar V and don't forget your sunblock cause when Liquid shuts down head over to Space's patio for a very bright house music wake up call. Than if you hungry wrap things up at Niki's Sunday night. Hope you and your lady have a wonderful time in the magic city of Miami!

Originally posted by orlorb

OK guys, Focus :D . Got my Sat. set. Now how about Thurs. may 9, and Friday may 10. Any trance being spun???:tongue:

thursday night you won't find any trance around. it would probably be a good night, to hit up some lounges( blue, Lola, etc). friday nite will also be a non trance night. space which use to have a trance night friday's, will be closed on friday; with the exception of special events.(don't quote me on that ) crobar, opium garden, spin, etc. ; are pretty nice on friday. no trance , but usually some nice house beats. I would include Space and Living Room, on your itinerary for after-hours on saturday. hope you have fun ! :)

Thanks all for the help :)

A True Story

About a year ago a famous DJ was spining a set that was being broadcast over the internet. A webcam was placed in the DJ booth so people all around the world could see him spin. He was masterful in his mixing and track selection. All of the sudden you could see him writing something on a record sleeve. Everybody was wondering what the heck he was doing. He lifted the sleeve to the camera and it said, "I want you to feel great"

Thats what it all about people:)

THATS RIGHT EDGAR...TAKE NO SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS SO MANY F'N MUSIC CRITICS ON THE BOARD AND I LOVE IT BECAUSE 99 PERCENT OF THEM NEVER HAVE TOUCHED A TURNTABLE OR A MIXER....

AND IN REGARDS TO NY......HAVE FUN SHOVELING SNOW IN FEBRUARY...HA HA HA

Originally posted by edgarv

saleen :

if NY hated me so much how come i'm playing once a month at exit.......explain that mr. club guru

:laugh: ....and saleen says that the scene doesnt support us...there u go...welcome to the club edgar...makes me feel good when the "scene" joins us against saleen...:tongue:

ps

if anything saleen has made this miami board stronger, fighting a common enemy...thanks saleen!!!

Originally posted by sgtfury

THATS RIGHT EDGAR...TAKE NO SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! ALWAYS SO MANY F'N MUSIC CRITICS ON THE BOARD AND I LOVE IT BECAUSE 99 PERCENT OF THEM NEVER HAVE TOUCHED A TURNTABLE OR A MIXER....

AND IN REGARDS TO NY......HAVE FUN SHOVELING SNOW IN FEBRUARY...HA HA HA

Well come on now dont be trashing peeps from NY, just because there are just lil jerks doesn't mean that NY'ers are like this. Anywayz as for Edgar he's amazing, i've heard him spin twice. Also i could say that yeah i've met him b4.He's one of the few dj's that i've seen that actually interacts with the crowd. ToOo bad i missed him @ Exit back in the March time frame.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by Nolimit

Exit is one of the cheesiest clubs in nyc. It might be the biggest club in the US but size doesn't matter.

ummm, when denny opened exit it was the bomb.... time erodes all hot clubs... even your beloved SF....