Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Was Sitting At Work Earlier Today.....

aboyfrombklyn

doing my work when all of a sudden it hit me! My heart started racing, I couldn't breathe, and I felt like I was going to hit the floor. It was the absolute worst feeling in my life. I honestly thought I was going to die.

This was the first time I ever felt extreme anxiety. Yesterday was the first time I ever felt a significant amount of anxiety, but it wasn't anywhere near the way I felt today (makes me wonder what tomorrow will bring). I was sitting on the train on the way home from work yesterday when I suddenly I had to get off (still don't know why) Has anyone here ever experienced extreme anxiety before? I know that I have a lot of shit going on in my life, but I still can't relate the two. It doesn't make sense. I wasn't even feeling bad when it struck.

Can anyone relate???:confused:

No, never happened to me so far but I can only agree with bigpop....go and see a doctor....also try to get some sleep...even if you think you get enough...try to calm down a bit, take is slowly and relax....I mean, you're body is trying to tell you something...listen to it...hope you're feeling better soon :)

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

see a doctor

I know. I've been seeing a psyhcologist lately for other issues (although that got fucked up by my insurance), but I never felt this way before and was wondering what people may do to stop feeling that way.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

I know. I've been seeing a psyhcologist lately for other issues (although that got fucked up by my insurance), but I never felt this way before and was wondering what people may do to stop feeling that way.

from my own experience it takes time

you have way too much going on in your life. it might do you some good to elimate stuff from your daily "to do" list...or something like that

cranking one off before your day helps relieve the stress of the daily grind.

And yes...see a doctor..there are some good meds to help you chill.

:flame:

"This is me..masterbating in the shower....this is the highpoint of the day...its all downhill from here." ~ American Beauty

Oh man I know exactly how you feel... it is the worst feeling in the world.....

I used to get that all the time...especially before I went to sleep at night..I thought I was on the verge of death..I literally used to wake up my mother or sister to sit up and talk with me because it got really bad....

You really have to think to yourself it is only in your head and you arent going to die......talk yourself out of it...or talk to people who have had these experiences it makes you feel a whole lot better..

I really started to think that I had some kind of chemical imbalance..in my head..

Then I started to open up and mention it to certain people who I knew wouldn't look at me strange..and you know what it really does affect a lot of people and they dont even know it..

It hasnt happened to me in a while and I am so glad I never went on medication for it... and I still dont know what triggered it because sometimes I wasnt even stressed out and it would happen...weird :blank:

Originally posted by synderella420

Oh man I know exactly how you feel... it is the worst feeling in the world.....

I used to get that all the time...especially before I went to sleep at night..I thought I was on the verge of death..I literally used to wake up my mother or sister to sit up and talk with me because it got really bad....

You really have to think to yourself it is only in your head and you arent going to die......talk yourself out of it...or talk to people who have had these experiences it makes you feel a whole lot better..

I really started to think that I had some kind of chemical imbalance..in my head..

Then I started to open up and mention it to certain people who I knew wouldn't look at me strange..and you know what it really does affect a lot of people and they dont even know it..

It hasnt happened to me in a while and I am so glad I never went on medication for it... and I still dont know what triggered it because sometimes I wasnt even stressed out and it would happen...weird :blank:

You're so right. It's like I was running around the office frantically looking to see if someone could help me, but nothing could make it feel better except my thoughts.

doing my work when all of a sudden it hit me! My heart started racing, I couldn't breathe, and I felt like I was going to hit the floor. It was the absolute worst feeling in my life. I honestly thought I was going to die. This was the first time I ever felt extreme anxiety. Yesterday was the first time I ever felt a significant amount of anxiety, but it wasn't anywhere near the way I felt today (makes me wonder what tomorrow will bring). I was sitting on the train on the way home from work yesterday when I suddenly I had to get off (still don't know why) Has anyone here ever experienced extreme anxiety before? I know that I have a lot of shit going on in my life, but I still can't relate the two. It doesn't make sense. I wasn't even feeling bad when it struck. Can anyone relate???:confused:

are you following in my foot steps??? i can relate 110%... see you and i went through similar situations... due to the career path i chose, the work load i carry, and not to mention the relationship i was in ending... i was hit with a case of anxiety... BAM! out of nowhere... i think it stems from subconscious worrying and stress... i went through it, a while back and then again not to long ago... first around june of 2000, and then again a few months ago around december... the first time was around the time of my break up with my ex... we were in a long serious relationship (approx 3.5yrs) and when it was over it ended in a long bad way... i would wake up with like hot flashes and vomiting and id be sweating/with heart palpatations... then it just POOF! went away after i got my head on straight... it came back recently when i took on too much at one time, school,work,family situations... blah... trying to be the man of the hour while i was dying by the second... it came back to me on a train ride to the city... just felt like a heart attack, and i got extremely nauseous and had to get off... and couldnt make it in to work... so i said fuck it ... im not going to let this stay resident in my body... i went to the doc... he talked to me said it was typically shit that most ppl go through out my age and older ppl that are in similar situations as mine... bottom line is this... grab some diazapam or buspar... take it for about 2weeks and youll be as good as new... but DONT DONT DONT sit there and let this take over or anything like that it could turn into a disabalitating phobia or handicapp... the doc, told me about some serious conditions that could stem from this... so do like i did and nip this thing in the bud before it blooms into a huge a prob... good luck... let me know how it turns out...

Originally posted by dgmodel

are you following in my foot steps??? i can relate 110%... see you and i went through similar situations... due to the career path i chose, the work load i carry, and not to mention the relationship i was in ending... i was hit with a case of anxiety... BAM! out of nowhere... i think it stems from subconscious worrying and stress... i went through it, a while back and then again not to long ago... first around june of 2000, and then again a few months ago around december... the first time was around the time of my break up with my ex... we were in a long serious relationship (approx 3.5yrs) and when it was over it ended in a long bad way... i would wake up with like hot flashes and vomiting and id be sweating/with heart palpatations... then it just POOF! went away after i got my head on straight... it came back recently when i took on too much at one time, school,work,family situations... blah... trying to be the man of the hour while i was dying by the second... it came back to me on a train ride to the city... just felt like a heart attack, and i got extremely nauseous and had to get off... and couldnt make it in to work... so i said fuck it ... im not going to let this stay resident in my body... i went to the doc... he talked to me said it was typically shit that most ppl go through out my age and older ppl that are in similar situations as mine... bottom line is this... grab some diazapam or buspar... take it for about 2weeks and youll be as good as new... but DONT DONT DONT sit there and let this take over or anything like that it could turn into a disabalitating phobia or handicapp... the doc, told me about some serious conditions that could stem from this... so do like i did and nip this thing in the bud before it blooms into a huge a prob... good luck... let me know how it turns out...

Thanks bro. I mean it.

I think people express anxiety. in so many diferents ways ,

I never experinced in the way you guys had, I mean the feeling of the heart and the vomiting but I have to say thats because

I Tend to express all my fellings and moods by craying..

I dont know u so well aboyfrombklyn but i would love to know what to say to u to make u feel better i think like everybody said everything is on ur mind and when ever u feel that bad feeling try to talk with your self and say : calm down nothing is happening , concentrate in something different if u can just try to go out and walk for a wile to breath some fresh air or put some chill out music to calm down ur nerves ..

lots of love to u and hugs

Did the psychologist prescribe any anti depressant meds. such as prozac? I think meds. will definitely help.

i use to take 3 ephedrine pills a day at work... to stay jacked up and energized / enthusiastic on the phones... and i think thats one of the factors that promoted this situation to come about...

i know you were being sarcastic or joking around but, just so this kid doesnt take one of these really before bed and flip out... lol... btw stay away from slopes as well... dont let any kizzy in your nizzy...

Originally posted by dgmodel

i use to take 3 ephedrine pills a day at work... to stay jacked up and energized / enthusiastic on the phones... and i think thats one of the factors that promoted this situation to come about...

i know you were being sarcastic or joking around but, just so this kid doesnt take one of these really before bed and flip out... lol... btw stay away from slopes as well... dont let any kizzy in your nizzy...

Thanks for looking out DG. I know not to take that shit. I used to take an ECA stack before doing my cardio, but no more of that for me.