Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Made mailing list... WTF is this about Vinyl???

I just got this from Made:

"It has been a year almost to date that Steve Lawler played in NYC at the late, club Twilo. Steve's sexy tribal beats burned up the dance floor and made us all go crazy but maybe it was too much for the city of NY to handle and coincidentally Twilo was shut down the next day. But we're not scared, Steve Lawler is back, a night of music so hot is worth it. Someone told me Vinyl was shutting down anyway..."

WTF are they talking about? Any1 know any more?

thats a given but this is like the third time ive heard this. Something with them not getting enough money for the value of the property? With them closing the lot across the street for construction im starting to beleive it :(

i've heard vinyl was going to be shut down for months now. coming from big sources as well, they have heard misc. stories. enjoy what we have now, ya know? cause I dont think anyone really knows, and we are going to be the last to find out.

well went i went to miami for the WMC..i was sitting in the plane next to a manager of a big time DJ ( the dj was sitting in first class with his wife) i won't mention his name..but anyway he was telling me everything about the business to me..everything..it was really cool..to know the ins and outs of the biss..he said with the closing of twilo was a major hit to the scene and especially ny.. and he told me that he heard that Danny tenaglia is leaving vinyl..he did not say vinyl is shutting down though..he said that is what he heard he was not 100% sure it was happening...

my opinon is it don't matter if vinyl closes or not(you know danny ain't EVERY going to leave NY anyway) it's obvious Ny is in the need for a couple of major new club openings..the ny club scene is at a all time low..we really need like a crobar in ny..a nice fucking club with a phazon not a dump and if it's a crobar you know it's going to bring carl cox and top dj's..the crobar in s.b. is nice..

Heh heh, I think I know who that DJ is. Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not the only one praying for rain in the form of new, happening night clubs. Personally, I love big places, and at the moment, all we have is Sound Factory, Exit, the new Limelight, and Vinyl (yeah, I know it's not that big, but it's got a big heart :heart: and a whole lotta soul).

Anyway, if Vinyl is ever threatened to get shut down, who wants to protest outside with me? I'll bring food if everyone else can bring tents/sleeping bags/toilet paper/etc.