Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Would You Do....

aboyfrombklyn

if you were arguing with your man/woman and he/she called you by his/her ex's name? My cousin was arguing with his girl when she called him her ex's name. He was fuckin' pissed! I told him that maybe she said it b/c of the terrible relationship she had with him and she thought of him when they were arguing (I was trying to make him feel better) His response: What if she would've said it in bed???

Ouch. :worry2: That's good rationing on your part at least. I don't know what I would do; what can you do, really, besides fight some more and get over it? Now if it *had* happened during sex, that is an entirely different story altogether.

I totally agree with tasty on that one... and I think you're reasoning was pretty good.

I could assume that if anyone came out of a relationship that was characterized by a lot of fighting and you suddenly see yourself in the same situation with your new lover... old memories might resurface and hence the association with an old name.

I don't think I would get too mad if my bf would call me with his ex's name during a fight....maybe sad as I would be afraid that he thinks our relationship is going into the same direction (towards a lot of fighting) but I don't think I would be mad at him.

A totally different story if you scream the name of an ex during sex...cause it somehow means the same thing....old memories...and who would like that when it comes to sex ;)

well sometimes that happend ,it happens to me once in a wile and like u said aboyfrombklyn sometimes we had a very bad relationship with an ex and u still remember how bad it was and suddenly it come in to ur mind in the middle of a fight because u don't want to live the same again.

My experince: when ever I argue with my boyfriend and he dose soemething that my ex use to do i get to feel very scared that he will make me feel like my ex use to make me feel ,is normal because we tend to protect our selves and we think they will hurt us like we got hurt in the past..

I was really hurt by my Ex so I always had the fear that my boyfriend will do the same to me even I know that he wont do it so ur cousin shouldnt get it so personal

Well, that acutally did happen to me. My boyfriend and I were talking about his past and then he called me by his ex-girlfriend's name. But the funny thing is our names are the same except for the first letter so given the circumstances of when he said it and how close our names are, I really didnt get mad.

Originally posted by gothzane

All due to lack of closure with their past relationships...

:flame:

Nah...not neccessarily...I know I'm over my past, but I still manage to make that same mistake all the time...

In all honesty, I own it all up to only a few selected few have really gotten me that genuinely mad, so when I'm outta my gourd with anger, it just comes out....I have no control over it. :half:

Never doubt my friodian bs...:laugh:

If you had complete closure your subcounsious wouldnt process such things.

Luckly ive never gotten into an argument.

Im too dominant for that.

And im completely aware of when im wrong.

So what is to argue about.

:flame: