Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ROXY REOPENS FRI JUNE 7TH. WITH THE PHAZON 2002...and..

Originally posted by Nolimit

damn, u guys aren't over oakie yet???

The guy is worshipped over here,the tickets this week at Crasher are the equivelent of $15 more than for any other dj who has ever played there,and it sold out 2 weeks ago.I've seen him 3 times and did'nt think he was that good but then I don't really like progressive.The thing is wether i like him or not the guy is the biggest dj in the world and fills clubs the world over.You don't get where he has if you are shit.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by xxdonxlavitoxx

GLOW is pretty phat, ive been there once when johnny vicious spun there i think last year.

Since when is Vicious a trance/techno DJ? :confused:

BTW, Glow is the techno-trance, Saturday party at Club Insomina - (I believe it's called). And as brickstar pointed out, Buzz is the party held at Nation! Now that is one sick ass club! By far one of my favorites on the East Coast!

whether or not it's true, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned.........

GLOWBANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

......would definately answer your questions about talent to walk through the door.

Originally posted by chrisdez25

They frown on him as being cheesy and commercial.

cheesy and commercial??????

you gotta be kidding me??????

sorry people but in my opion no other label comes close to bxr the put out sum sik tracks.....

You name one other Dj who spins almost his whole set with his own records off his own label????

thats the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time..

can we say, LIMITING OURSELF... theres a TON of music out there and anyone playing only stuff from their label is clearly not mixing it up enough IMO...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

thats the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time..

can we say, LIMITING OURSELF... theres a TON of music out there and anyone playing only stuff from their label is clearly not mixing it up enough IMO...

actually thats the dumbest thing i have heard buddy check the people who are on his label hes got enough shit to pick from to mix it up and if he plays someone else shit its his own mix you wanna know why i think thats good because you dont here shit he spins anywhere else.......... hes original!!!! sorry i heard him in Boston this weekend and o my god was it worth the 10 hour round trip i would make it every weekend to hear shit like that.....

you honestly have no clue what your talkin bout the man has enough shit to play he drops new tracks that people never heard of how often do d.j. round ny do that? yea he dont mix it up YEA RIGHT TO BAD YOU HAVE NO IDEA

actually thats the dumbest thing i have heard buddy check the people who are on his label hes got enough shit to pick from to mix it up and if he plays someone else shit its his own mix you wanna know why i think thats good because you dont here shit he spins anywhere else.......... hes original!!!! sorry i heard him in Boston this weekend and o my god was it worth the 10 hour round trip i would make it every weekend to hear shit like that.....

you honestly have no clue what your talkin bout the man has enough shit to play he drops new tracks that people never heard of how often do d.j. round ny do that? yea he dont mix it up YEA RIGHT TO BAD YOU HAVE NO IDEA

nope....

the funny thing is i have no problem w/ the guy... i'll actually be seeing him in ibiza in august.. i took issue w/ some things that have been said on this thread which are blatantly wrong IMO..

first off i defiently hear tracks that he spins from dj's all the time... anyone from hawtin to johnny vicious(yes thats right JV has played A LOT of the same shit as piccotto) so don't act like every record he plays no one else has... just out of curiousity, did he play iguana when you saw him in boston? *cough* defiently *cough*

i can name plenty of NY dj's who drop tracks no one has ever heard of.. DT does it all the time.. Morillo, Lil Louie Vega, Junior, Hawtin(and yes i can consider him a NY dj now b/c he lives in brooklyn) and the master of them all Danny Howells...

i dont' know why exactly it is you think i'm arguing that piccotto is bad.. never said that anywhere on this thread... but some things on this thread couldn't be left unaddressed...

look this is a stupid arguement that theres no point to. the guys great whatever all this started cause people said they would want to hear him at roxy..... Look i went to boston and the crowd there was very much like the crowd roxy gets alot of the younger crowd and they loved it.... they place was packed and the music and the vibe were off the hook.... he would definitly be able to do the same at roxy... thats how this thing started whatever lets just end it... and all i was sayin about droppin new tracks is that hes comes out with alot more shit than alot of other djs and he plays the track out b4 he release it and sum shit he never releases.... i never said every track he drops is unheard of and no one else has.... he just does it very often.... and that would be because of the bxr label and the fact hes an awsome producer. hes one of the best and i would love to just go to ny and here him thats it i aint argueing anymore.....

look this is a stupid arguement that theres no point to. the guys great whatever all this started cause people said they would want to hear him at roxy..... Look i went to boston and the crowd there was very much like the crowd roxy gets alot of the younger crowd and they loved it.... they place was packed and the music and the vibe were off the hook.... he would definitly be able to do the same at roxy... thats how this thing started whatever lets just end it... and all i was sayin about droppin new tracks is that hes comes out with alot more shit than alot of other djs and he plays the track out b4 he release it and sum shit he never releases.... i never said every track he drops is unheard of and no one else has.... he just does it very often.... and that would be because of the bxr label and the fact hes an awsome producer. hes one of the best and i would love to just go to ny and here him thats it i aint argueing anymore.....

and on that note.. yes i agree.. i hope he comes to new york as well...

Originally posted by wideskies

actually, there's someone on NB called BRICKSTAR and that person might be on here too.

just so u know.

:P

I realize there's also a Brickstar, hence the correction. I wouldn't want to be confused for her (nothing personal), but since it was referring to me...

Originally posted by brickhouse

I realize there's also a Brickstar, hence the correction. I wouldn't want to be confused for her (nothing personal), but since it was referring to me...

aaah. i see the truth of your words and it shines like a beacon.

;p

wideskies=gone