Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tonsills Removed

I've been cursed with getting many sore throats and should have gotten mine removed. My bro might have to get his removed very soon. I've never got it done but all i know is that after the surgery your throat is gonna be really sore. Just think, they are cutting off your tonsils with a sharp blade most likely a scalpal. Hope you like ice cream 'cuz you will be eating lots of it the soothe the pain afterwards. goodluck!

Originally posted by twilo25

Im getting my tonsills out tomorrow.....

Anyone had them removed? Do you know what the pain is and when u recover?

. . it's not that bad . . you'll be sore for a while (don't know about the swelling) . . just ask for lots of sherbet and you'll be fine . . . ;)

Hey Twilo-

Sorry to tell you this, but it really sucks. The day of surgery wasn't bad, nor were the next few days. About 5 days later it started to really hurt. I was in a lot of pain for the next 5 days. Eating can be really hard as it hurts alot. I could not eat ice cream nor have soup or anything hot because they hurt really bad. I had liquid percocet which was the only thing that helped. I would have about 2x the dose and eat 1/2 hour later. That was the only way I could eat.

There is an upside. It IS worth the ordeal. I used to get a sore throat and inflamed tonsils every few months. It's been approx. 7 months now since surgery and I haven't been sick since. I am SO happy I had them removed!

Be brave! It is worth it!!!

Good luck!!

BK