Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Apartment question

I'm thinking of making a change - my questions are:

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate)

2. how many bedrooms

3. what city do you live in/near.

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it?

Thanks.

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate) $1,200

2. how many bedrooms: 2

3. what city do you live in/near: N. Arlington 5 mins. from G-town

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it? I love it!!! the neighborhood, it's so close to downtown d.c. ... I'm looking for a house near the area but the prices are sky high :(:(

ohh.. and IMO it is worth it... I don't have to deal with traffic every day!!

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate) 550-1600

2. how many bedrooms 3

3. what city do you live in/near. silver springs (when i move this month)

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it? yes.

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate): NOTHING - And I am getting robbed

2. how many bedrooms: Not quite one full sized bedroom

3. what city do you live in/near. it's a fucking military post- and I am only two stoplights from work. Which really doesn't matter cause there is never any parking and by the time I find a parking spot I could've walked to work quicker. Good point about where I live - pretty secure have to cross an MP check point - bad point about where I live - Pretty secure, have to pass an MP check point.

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it? Fuck no! Military housing sucks, my walls are paper thin, my neighbor's are all assholes, the "landlord" doens't fix shit unless it's a safety hazard.

My biggest coomplaint about being in the military is the housing they provide for us.

If anyone is ever thinking of joining the military, DON'T, unless you are doing it for a quick four years to pay for your school, don't fucking do it.

Guest jroo

i fucking hate traffic!!!!!!!! its enough to make me want to kill every day, i live in lake ridge, its in woodbridge off of exit 160 on 95 south, i am buyiing my house and pay like 1200 , i have 4 bedrooms its an end unit townhouse. the traffic sucks ass. only work traffic everything else is alright, and i can make it to dc in 13 minutes.

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate)

i live alone in a studio, i pay $895 + gas and elec

2. how many bedrooms

just me

3. what city do you live in/near.

dupont circle, 2 blocks from the metro

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it?

absolutely. i don't keep a car here, but if i did, i'd prolly hafta to move elsewhere.

also, fyi, when i did have a roomie from 99 - 01, we lived in a nice, spacious 2-bedroom in van ness (upper cleveland park), i think we paid $1500? 5-6 blocks from the metro. dupont is so much better

I appreciate the feedback. I work in DC, live right now in Fairfax Station and take the metro from Franconia-Springfield (mall). I'm thinking of moving out right by Fair Oaks mall. For a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom they are 1200 roughly. I can afford it on my own for a few months, but not for a full year - I'll have to get a roomate. I don't really want to live IN the city, but am not sure it that place will be worth it. I have lots of friends in that area, and it's nice out there, those places are extremely new, but the commute will probably be as it is now (1 hr 15 mins) to work each way....

I'm still trying to figure it out...

Originally posted by andre9000

I appreciate the feedback. I work in DC, live right now in Fairfax Station and take the metro from Franconia-Springfield (mall). I'm thinking of moving out right by Fair Oaks mall. For a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom they are 1200 roughly. I can afford it on my own for a few months, but not for a full year - I'll have to get a roomate. I don't really want to live IN the city, but am not sure it that place will be worth it. I have lots of friends in that area, and it's nice out there, those places are extremely new, but the commute will probably be as it is now (1 hr 15 mins) to work each way....

I'm still trying to figure it out...

by moving closer in you would save $$ on the commute, you could use that $$ to pay a bit extra in rent and move closer to DC.

I currently live in Alexandria and I hate the commute back from work in Silver Springs, so I'm moving to SS this month. I will pay the same rent, with 2 roomates plus I will save $$, and time on the commute and the use of my car.

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate) $1675 - split w/ roomie

2. how many bedrooms - 2 bedrooms

3. what city do you live in/near. - Alexandria, north of Old Town

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it? I love it. I'm about 10 minutes from DC. The metro is about 200 yards from my front door. It takes me only 20 minutes to get into work. I have my own bathroom... w/d in the unit. Oh yeah, pool on the roof! Its great :D

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate) - i pay 265, house total is 960

2. how many bedrooms - 4

3. what city do you live in/near - downtown baltimore, right next to camden yards

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it? - school is a 5 minute walk, i have my own bathroom, plus i can hit up a baseball game whenever i feel like....but then again, i can't wait to get out of baltimore :D

Don't hate me!

1. how much do you pay (personally and total, if you have a roomate) I pay $400 personally, the total is $1400 for the row house w/ 2 parking spaces.

2. how many bedrooms: 3

3. what city do you live in/near. I live in the heart of DC on the East side of Dupont w/in walking distance from work.

4. do you like it/feel it's worth it? Sooo worth it! I'm a little close to the ghetto - but my street is really nice and I can walk everywhere!