Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who Is Sick Of...

:blown:

Who is sick of greedy/ asshole club management? :confused:

Who is sick of unreliable promoters? :mad:

Who is sick of paying to see some wack ass dj?

Who is sick of weak ass shit? :eek:

Who is sick of getting into a fight over bumping into someone?

:idea: Find a new sceen and subtract the bullshit. Nothing is perfect, but somethings are just not worth the trouble. Stupidly we all keep pushing on despite all of the above. Hopefully we get what we want out of it, someday... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by djsrox

:blown:

Who is sick of greedy/ asshole club management? :confused:

Who is sick of unreliable promoters? :mad:

Who is sick of paying to see some wack ass dj?

Who is sick of weak ass shit? :eek:

Who is sick of getting into a fight over bumping into someone?

:idea: Find a new sceen and subtract the bullshit. Nothing is perfect, but somethings are just not worth the trouble. Stupidly we all keep pushing on despite all of the above. Hopefully we get what we want out of it, someday... :rolleyes:

I agree that there are some really shitty situations out there. Greedy club owners (as if I need to name a name) have caused my party more bullshit... ruined something that could have been really good...

As for unreliable promoters, you have to find someone with a brain. I mean, good luck on that one in this industry, but there are some good promoters out there, and they really try their hardest to do things right, but they are exceptions to a rule and even they can't always come through on things (though for them, it's a rarity and the result of some extenuating circumstance).

To the rest, I have to say, it's all in your own attitude. I mean, avoid DJ's that are clearly shitty a la Draper, but if you're at a club that you're about to label as shitty, listening to a DJ that you are about to criticize, etc. etc. you need to stop yourself and say "or... I could just look for the good in all this, stfu and enjoy myself" because otherwise, you're gonna go through life miserable and you'll look back on nothing but bad memories. Working at GLOW in DC, I heard some really shitty DJ's, but I look back on those nites and at least I can say "yeah so George Acosta is a class-A wanker but at least my friends and I got to laugh our asses off about how lame he is, and he did drop those few good tracks that gave me the chance to dance my ass off a bit."

If you're getting into fights about bumping into people that's totally your own fault. I mean, yeah, it is REALLY irritating when someone stomps on your foot but if someone gets pissed at you about something like that, when they turn around, just smile and say "i'm sorry! are you okay?" and I have never, ever had anyone remain angry after that. In fact, they're usually really surprised to be respected like that and make an effort to accomodate your passing by thereafter.

IMHO by Vixen

I think you misunderstood me. As far as the fights, I meant if you bump somebody, say sorry, and there still buggin. That happened one of my first nites in exit. I was just finished spinning and was on my way out. I hit some one with my bag said sorry, and the in return he smacked my bag, and started to say somthing, like what the fuck are you doing! Thats uncalled for in my book.

Also on the whole negativity thing, I was just really pissed about a cirtian situation. I was just venting, this is DRAMA right? there is so much good that has come out of my experience there, but also loads of bs. I had a blast seeing Tiesto, and Space Girl there. When I actuly was spining the crowd was great. I met my baby girl there. Its just everything else that goes along with it. Waiting for your money. The attitude from the management that you are worthless just like everybody else. Come on they posted a sign " Friday promoter pay-outs 3:30am AFTER THAT YOUR FUCKED!" Then payout is like 5am. There is loads of other stuff, not worth getting into. I just wanted to see if anyone else was going through simalar problems, or it was just Exit. The party there can be the so great, it just the what goes on behind the sceens that makes me mad.:(

Well I definitely understand your point with all of the above, and I deal with the same BS to a certain degree save that I don't have to deal with promoter payouts (thank GOD that's a thing of the past) but since ya posted it, ya got stuck with my reply ;) hehehe