Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHOs got DTs BackToBasics CD?

at first when i listened to it, I was psyched to hear the tracks i'd heard live and always wondered which ones they were.

alas it's made with a live-type tracklisting, yet it can't re-create that live feeling.

The thick-beat mixing, stop n'go track progression and just in general that feeling of "so are we gonna party or not"... eh.

Like i said i liked it at first but the more i listen to it, the less i can stand it. I listened to it during the ride to my friend's place in Jersey the other day and i was almost embarrased to play it for him. The energy flow in the CD goes up and down but, well... it just made me realize how low-energy on the whole most NYC house is. Compared to stuff by Scott Henry and Donald Glaude, i'm realizing more and more that most NYC house just isn't giving me the "pump" i need to get my fix. Ah well. two different styles of house. I suppose i'm just suffocated by all this cookie-cutter tribal/deep/dark/trancey/proggy house shit that's being released by Joe X, Y and Z on every street corner. I've always liked Danny's mixes, but i think at this point I've just had enough.