Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shark Bar and their false advertising

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sigmagal

This sounds like a similar senerio that occured at Sound Garden... I went a few weeks back and they did this thing will colored Index cards... at the end of the night they choose a color if your card imatches you get a Surf Club VIP. So I turned in my card at the end of the night as did 4 of the people with me and No One has received a card yet.

I dont know if we ever met but my name is Sergio and I am the manager of both Joeys and the Surf. The Sound Garden is a very reputable club and it sounds like there is just a misunderstanding. The night of the Surf Club party at the Soundgarden was supposed to be for vouchers that u would redeem (same way temps and XS do it). U should have gotten a voucher and so should have ur friends if you guys had the winning index card. For some reason you didnt get them email me at sergiot@brm.com and I will make sure u get the actual card. Though I dont work at the Garden it is one of NJ's most reputable venues. I apologize in behalf of them and hope you will forgive the misunderstanding

DoubleD's aka Shark Bar is a sleazy gogo bar trying to combine that business with a club.

Why would any chick worth meeting want to go to a club where gogo ho's are grinding their coochie on some guys crotch in the next room?

The Morristown police have a hard-on for that place. They have been busted 3 times in the last couple of months for prostitution related activities. The clock is ticking on that bunch of losers!

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED !!! I WAS THERE AROUND 8:30 TO GET THE VIP GIVEAWAY , WHICH MYSELF NOR ANYONE I KNEW THERE GOT. THEY OBVIOUSLY WERE JUST TRYING TO ATTRACT PEOPLE BY USING A LINE LIKE THAT TO DRAW PEOPLE IN ,, I GUESS WHAT THEY DON;T REALIZE IS THAT , BY LYING LIKE THAT NOONE WILL EVER GO THERE AGAIN AND WITH WORD GOING AROUND THAT THEY CHEATED EVERYONE --- THE PLACE WILL DYE OUT REAL FAST !!!!

I HOPE THEY ENJOYED THE MONEY THEY MADE LAST NIGHT B/C THIS PLACE IS DONE !

it was all a miscommunication and i apoligize, we did have tempts vip vouchers last night, and they were handed speraticly throughout the night, at the beginning of the week i was told the first 200, i was upset when i got there, b/c i knew this would happen on the board today. it wasn't false advertisement it was all a miscommunication. once again i apoligize.

This was all bullshit. I work for temps and xs and there is not one employee by the name of Rick that works there. You guys from the shark bar are bser's. Good luck trying to run a business by false advertising assholes!!

Originally posted by ballzie

This was all bullshit. I work for temps and xs and there is not one employee by the name of Rick that works there. You guys from the shark bar are bser's. Good luck trying to run a business by false advertising assholes!!

i don't know about any rick, but with your two posts, im gonna believe you work for tempts and xs. people did get vouchers last night, but the confusion was that they didn't get them at the door, instead they were handed out by the emcee. there was no false advertising, no need to call me an asshole alright there cheif.

Originally posted by clubline2k3

it was all a miscommunication and i apoligize, we did have tempts vip vouchers last night, and they were handed speraticly throughout the night, at the beginning of the week i was told the first 200, i was upset when i got there, b/c i knew this would happen on the board today. it wasn't false advertisement it was all a miscommunication. once again i apoligize.

Horseshit! There was no miscommunication. The advertisement very specifically stated that the first 200 people at Shark's gets a voucher for a Tempts VIP card.

Now, unless you did exactly that, it is false advertising.

It is not miscommunication if you give out 10, 58, or 199...if you do not give out exactly 200 then you are falsely advertising. Also, there should be more general knowledge amongst the employees of bar who's giving this shit out. I would have rather gotten a "Oh, yeah the VIP cards...sorry, you missed out."

Instead, no one knew a thing except for the door people who said they DID have it. So, in other words, I paid admission for a club which i didn't want to go into and didn't get said promised offer. Both the door people and YOU lied. You're apologies are worthless unless you want to mail me a check for 10 dollars covering my admission and an additional 5 bucks to cover the gas to get to that shitbag bar in podunk, NJ.

Originally posted by Boach

Horseshit! There was no miscommunication. The advertisement very specifically stated that the first 200 people at Shark's gets a voucher for a Tempts VIP card.

Now, unless you did exactly that, it is false advertising.

It is not miscommunication if you give out 10, 58, or 199...if you do not give out exactly 200 then you are falsely advertising. Also, there should be more general knowledge amongst the employees of bar who's giving this shit out. I would have rather gotten a "Oh, yeah the VIP cards...sorry, you missed out."

Instead, no one knew a thing except for the door people who said they DID have it. So, in other words, I paid admission for a club which i didn't want to go into and didn't get said promised offer. Both the door people and YOU lied. You're apologies are worthless unless you want to mail me a check for 10 dollars covering my admission and an additional 5 bucks to cover the gas to get to that shitbag bar in podunk, NJ.

first of all, again i say it was not false advertising, the vouchers were given out, 200 of them were given out. they just weren't given out at the door, they were given out by the emcee. and if you're worried about 15bucks, come back down and i'll give you 20bucks back, the extra 5 for your trip back down.

Fool me once--shame on you. Fool me twice--shame on me.

In other words, I'll show up and you'll act like you don't know what i'm talking about. Thanks for the offer but I'd prefer a Tempts card. BTW: what time did you start giving them out and what time did you finish them up? oops, i mean the emcee...

Originally posted by laraver

Uh nobody said anything about how the music was? any comments?

Now now Mr. Lewis. You wouldn't be trying to start shit. Remember what happened last time. Play nice or I'll bite.

DoubleD's aka Shark Bar is a sleazy gogo bar trying to combine that business with a club.

Why would any chick worth meeting want to go to a club where gogo ho's are grinding their coochie on some guys crotch in the next room?

The Morristown police have a hard-on for that place. They have been busted 3 times in the last couple of months for prostitution related activities. The clock is ticking on that bunch of losers!

Now there's the pot calling the kettle black. You dj ata a go-go bar remember or did they fire you?

Oh thats right I remember now. You worked there until you were fired and now you're all salty so you post the above referenced post. What a cry baby little bitch you still are Chris, When are you gonna start acting your age, and die already would ya?

Easy KOSTA!!!!!!

Laravars posts always provide we with a huge laugh...

bashing A to Z or any given Jersey Club

This guy dickhead (who makes notallthere look cool) is pissed at life b/c he flips Fris at the midnight shift at Mickey Ds.....

4 at a TIME!!!!!!!!!

Sources tell me you were busted in that little charade?? True??

Originally posted by bearall

i thought that was the dj, how funny is that?!

Now, even funnier, sources have revealed that since he was employed there as the dj he was the one that solicited three girls for prostitution which all turned him down yet reported it to the cops therefore he went down and the place got nailed with three counts for a prostitution charge. That just sucks. LARAVER do yourself and all of us a favor. KILL YOURSELF. When is volume1,008,987,635,936,821 of your mix cd coming out. I need a few more coasters for my dining room and I figured at the rate you put out promo cd's I could just throw the old ones away and have enough for a lifetime. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::blown:

what a ripping! do you think laraver has a comeback to that? anyway, whats the dj's name that got fired, his dj name that is? is it giorgio?

I already exposed this loser on clubplanet once. I even went so far as to post his home phone # and real name. He was a little upset. Unless he causes drama or starts shit with my friends i'll let him be. he learned his lesson last time.

but is it joe giorgio? thats all i want to know. he's looking for work at a couple of clubs. i just dont want the same type of remarks made at the clubs i go to....its not right, thats all

His name isnt Joe Giorgio

KOSTA P....

well look who the fuck decides to drop in....

Where has your greek boater immigrant ass been hiding lately? Did you get caught under a giant piece of spanakopita or something?

I think someone *coughkostacough* needs to lay off on laraver

:rolleyes: You Jersey punk bully

I am back in NY now and I expect you to be makin' an appearance for me sometime this summer ;) It's about time, don't u think??

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

KOSTA P....

well look who the fuck decides to drop in....

Where has your greek boater immigrant ass been hiding lately? Did you get caught under a giant piece of spanakopita or something?

I think someone *coughkostacough* needs to lay off on laraver

:rolleyes: You Jersey punk bully

I am back in NY now and I expect you to be makin' an appearance for me sometime this summer ;) It's about time, don't u think??

Me and Laraver go way back.

AS for you I'll be seeing you soon very soon.

How about a pic of that cute lil ass of yours for the board??

First off, no1 bashes on you considering the fact Roxy allowed you to play in the lounge because you brought your own sound system. So lets just pump the brakes, just a lil, sloooow down killer, before some of your comments are let loose. :party:

2. Don't even attempt to start drama with yet another club Nick Sibilia plays at, becuase you attempted to call him the "wedding dj" at Mediterraneo, and now your asking "so how was the music", we know what your getting at, for those that saw what went on with you months ago.

3. Who are you to critique a club in such a negative manner? For a "DJ" you should be positive in all aspects, at the venue you play at, or the venues you do not play at. Derf.

oh laraver, that's just Chris Lewis causing up a stink on the jersey forum. let's give hima round of applause :clap: