Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD 6/15 @ Giant

e_bomb

Originally posted by totallytrance

FUC YES!! PVDD!!!!!!!!!!!! well tickets are sold try at groovetickets.com and dress code is no jeans and shit like that

giant never has a dress code, totallytrance; where did you hear that they aren't allowing jeans? i could ask around further, too, but i haven't heard anything about that.

i'm beyond stoked about pvd, but so far they still haven't announced a location and they're not promising anything longer than 3 hours from the man. what's up with that? i only saw him once, but he did a 9-hour set when i did. three hours would be more than disappointing - almost like just putting on an album at home :( .

Originally posted by totallytrance

FUC YES!! PVDD!!!!!!!!!!!! well tickets are sold try at groovetickets.com and dress code is no jeans and shit like that

yep, totallytrance, there's no dress code - whew! i asked the giant board. here's the link to that:

http://www.giantclub.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10836

i'm still waiting on more details about the event, but i'll probably be there :) ...

Originally posted by vicman

3 hr set?

damn, i hope they dont cahrge that much only for a 3 hour set. never got to see him at Twilo, but people tell me he spun 10hrs there and got into techno and all different type of stuff

:mad3: tell me the fuck about it!!!!!!! it's absolutely ridiculous!!!!! i saw him at twilo for a 9 hour set. i even got $5 off for a clubplanet guestlist, which giant doesn't have out here. the l.a. peeps i know are divided between "i love pvd and would see him, no matter what," and "fuck that, it's not even worth it." i'm still vacillating. the very thought of leaving annoyed and feeling cheated makes me not want to risk it, but look at what i said yesterday :worry: ...

Originally posted by weyes

:mad3: tell me the fuck about it!!!!!!! it's absolutely ridiculous!!!!! i saw him at twilo for a 9 hour set. i even got $5 off for a clubplanet guestlist, which giant doesn't have out here. the l.a. peeps i know are divided between "i love pvd and would see him, no matter what," and "fuck that, it's not even worth it." i'm still vacillating. the very thought of leaving annoyed and feeling cheated makes me not want to risk it, but look at what i said yesterday :worry: ...

just for the sake of asking, how much are the tix going for, for the PvD night. I read that Exit is charging $40 beforehand and $45 at the counter, but hell probably spin for 6 hrs there, but then again its Exit, and Exit sux.

I guess if my only other plan for that night was to stay home a watch paint dry,I would go, but if there was something else going on that night, I'll probably skip it. WIth a 3 hr set, by the time your starting to really get into it.....*poof* show's over :(

just for the sake of asking, how much are the tix going for, for the PvD night. I read that Exit is charging $40 beforehand and $45 at the counter, but hell probably spin for 6 hrs there, but then again its Exit, and Exit sux.

I guess if my only other plan for that night was to stay home a watch paint dry,I would go, but if there was something else going on that night, I'll probably skip it. WIth a 3 hr set, by the time your starting to really get into it.....*poof* show's over :(

you're on point with everything you've said above, vicman. giant is charging $40 presale at this point, and the location is still tba. a lot of people are waiting to see where the gig'll be, and that's their deciding factor.

exit does suck, but i haven't been to the self-touted "new and improved" exit 2.

and that "poof" phenomenon is exactly what i'm afraid of.

right now, i'm leaning towards not going. :unhappy:

you're on point with everything you've said above, vicman. giant is charging $40 presale at this point, and the location is still tba. a lot of people are waiting to see where the gig'll be, and that's their deciding factor.

exit does suck, but i haven't been to the self-touted "new and improved" exit 2.

and that "poof" phenomenon is exactly what i'm afraid of.

right now, i'm leaning towards not going. :unhappy:

exit 2 aint any better :mad:

some people from the DC board are going to go see him at Exit, I owuld just fly down to Miami to catch him at Space myself (I think he's there the night before of after Exit) plus in the process give myself the opportunity to hit the beach and re-tan myself :shades:

hey, vicman, if you can afford to fly, rock that! and i've always wanted to club in miami, though preferably during the wmc ;) .

but, stay out of the sun, my friend! the dangers of the sun's rays are no joke! i know of two people out here (both friends of my roommates and socal natives) who got skin cancer on their driver's side ears. that's serious - think about it: they weren't even trying to get a tan. not only that, but it ages your skin and gives you wrinkles much faster. stay out of the sun and give yourself the real glow of health :shades2: .

went to wmc for the first time this year and had a blast, although Space was jammed packed and you could barely move.

just got informed that Lawler and Satoshi are spinning on back to back nights in late June...hmmm...I am seriously thinking it would be a perfect excuse for another trip to Miami.

Well when I get some sun, I dont over do it. I dont wanna look like a shrimp or over do it in anyway because of the reasons you state, just hit the beach for a few hours one day and thats it. Just enough to get a light toasty color :)

went to wmc for the first time this year and had a blast, although Space was jammed packed and you could barely move.

just got informed that Lawler and Satoshi are spinning on back to back nights in late June...hmmm...I am seriously thinking it would be a perfect excuse for another trip to Miami.

Well when I get some sun, I dont over do it. I dont wanna look like a shrimp or over do it in anyway because of the reasons you state, just hit the beach for a few hours one day and thats it. Just enough to get a light toasty color :)

lawler was here a few weeks ago (although i didn't go and have never seen him), and tomiie is going to be here this weekend, when i will be at my now famous - on cpla, anyway ;) - rave.

and, who needs an excuse to go to miami? wasn't vanilla ice's proclamation of its being cool reason enough?

word to your mother.

lawler was here a few weeks ago (although i didn't go and have never seen him), and tomiie is going to be here this weekend, when i will be at my now famous - on cpla, anyway ;) - rave.

and, who needs an excuse to go to miami? wasn't vanilla ice's proclamation of its being cool reason enough?

word to your mother.

last time I saw Lawler in NYC was when Twilo was still open. Dont know if he had another performace there before it was clsed down or not, and recently saw him in DC, i dig his tribal sounds.

as for Tomeii, there are some pics of him that I took when a few of us wentt o see him at WMC, S&D, Saeed & Palash, Van M., Ali (from Deep Dish) were all there and we took pics with them.

Yeah, the fact that Vanilla Ice said Miami was cool....well uh....:worry: