Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car mechanics are crooks... what's new

I've never trusted a single mechanic in my life. Any I don't think I ever will. Every time I MUST take a car to the mechanic I always watch them and never take my eyes off the car. My inspection expires this month so I looked up a local garge in the phone book and showed up on time. I waited 1/2 for them to take my car. This place is a DUMP! Broken down cars everywhere, it is literally a house that got converted into a shop. Probably my fault for going there.

Before he takes my car in I tell him that my tires are worn, but should pass. He looks at them and can't decide, says he has to measure them. After bullshitting with the other mechanic he takes it into the garage, checks the lights, etc.

He tells me that he shouldn't pass me because my tires are low. Fortunately he finds that my drivers side wiper blade has a 1/4" tear and decides to cut me a deal. "Since I shouldn't pass you on the tires, if we replace your wipers i'll pass you." $35!!! So I said fine just because if he didn't pass me i would have to pay the $5 anyway. Strike 1

Before changing the wipers he removes the old ones and leaves the arms in their up position. Being the dumbass that he is, the retard opens the hood causing the wiper arm to rub against the hood and slam the metal end of the arm against my windshield. Respone: "oops" Stike 2

Then he drives the car onto the Dyno. Except he puts the rear wheels on the dyno. OBviously i had to say something, he says.. 'oh'. Retard. Have you ever seen a RWD Eclipse?? NO! Strike 3.

I'm never going back there again, if i had enough money i'd open up my own inspection station. At least now I can install my downpipe and not worry till next year. They never jacked up the car, or removed the wheels. People are so stupid. i'm done.

Originally posted by teklord310

I've never trusted a single mechanic in my life. Any I don't think I ever will. Every time I MUST take a car to the mechanic I always watch them and never take my eyes off the car. My inspection expires this month so I looked up a local garge in the phone book and showed up on time. I waited 1/2 for them to take my car. This place is a DUMP! Broken down cars everywhere, it is literally a house that got converted into a shop. Probably my fault for going there.

Before he takes my car in I tell him that my tires are worn, but should pass. He looks at them and can't decide, says he has to measure them. After bullshitting with the other mechanic he takes it into the garage, checks the lights, etc.

He tells me that he shouldn't pass me because my tires are low. Fortunately he finds that my drivers side wiper blade has a 1/4" tear and decides to cut me a deal. "Since I shouldn't pass you on the tires, if we replace your wipers i'll pass you." $35!!! So I said fine just because if he didn't pass me i would have to pay the $5 anyway. Strike 1

Before changing the wipers he removes the old ones and leaves the arms in their up position. Being the dumbass that he is, the retard opens the hood causing the wiper arm to rub against the hood and slam the metal end of the arm against my windshield. Respone: "oops" Stike 2

Then he drives the car onto the Dyno. Except he puts the rear wheels on the dyno. OBviously i had to say something, he says.. 'oh'. Retard. Have you ever seen a RWD Eclipse?? NO! Strike 3.

I'm never going back there again, if i had enough money i'd open up my own inspection station. At least now I can install my downpipe and not worry till next year. They never jacked up the car, or removed the wheels. People are so stupid. i'm done.

what a pussy.

Knowing me and that im one of them customers who fuckin takes no shit from anyone..i would been like straight up to the guy "Goodbye i am not doing business with you" But of course u be a bitch cause u know they are taken advantage of you and you say eh fuck it..its gotta be done.. NO!!!!! thats bullshit. Take yer balls out of your purse and say look forget it...i do not want to do business with you. Yer at will to say that. Just cause u showed up dont mean u MUST go through with it. The simple way around all this is by not voiding yer warranty on yer car by adding modifications(this way the dealership takes care of you) cause you wanna be "cool". Reagrdless of modifications or not..you'll always be Toolord.

Originally posted by dgmodel

deal with cars that only have warranties and go only to dealers unless you know the tech at a small shop...

Do dealers in NY do inspections? I've got 6k miles left on my warranty, i don't trust dealers either. My brother and I do almost all the car work ourselves. BTW I drive an Eclipse, after poping the hood he should be able to figure out if its FWD or RWD right away. oh well.

Originally posted by quoth

what a pussy.

Knowing me and that im one of them customers who fuckin takes no shit from anyone..i would been like straight up to the guy "Goodbye i am not doing business with you" But of course u be a bitch cause u know they are taken advantage of you and you say eh fuck it..its gotta be done.. NO!!!!! thats bullshit. Take yer balls out of your purse and say look forget it...i do not want to do business with you. Yer at will to say that. Just cause u showed up dont mean u MUST go through with it. The simple way around all this is by not voiding yer warranty on yer car by adding modifications(this way the dealership takes care of you) cause you wanna be "cool". Reagrdless of modifications or not..you'll always be Toolord.

Get your facts straight dickweed. This has nothing to do with my warranty. Ever get your car inspected?? Process is almost the same compared to NJ. I don't think you understand, only a crooked mechanic would have passed me. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

what a pussy.

lmao

Originally posted by teklord310

Get your facts straight dickweed. This has nothing to do with my warranty. Ever get your car inspected?? Process is almost the same compared to NJ. I don't think you understand, only a crooked mechanic would have passed me. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

dickweed??

Thanks for the 6th grade blast from the past...i knew somewhere in this god forsaken world someone else still uses that term. What i DIDNT KNOW is that it would be toolord from Westchester who uses it.

As for Jersey inspection its quite simple. You take it to the State Inspection station...not some house that looks like the house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre converted into a shop.

dickweed??

Thanks for the 6th grade blast from the past...i knew somewhere in this god forsaken world someone else still uses that term. What i DIDNT KNOW is that it would be toolord from Westchester who uses it.

As for Jersey inspection its quite simple. You take it to the State Inspection station...not some house that looks like the house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre converted into a shop.

TOOL LORD !!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I dunno, i side with Teklord on this one.

I've been to shady shops before and i know the deal with working with them. If you just walk out, there's always the risk they'll charge you for the work they've done and that's happened to a couple friends of mine - they really got fucked.

This is why i do all the work I can on my car, because if he didn't know how to work on an eclipse, i can't imagine how he'd do with an MR2. Hell he probably wouldn't know where the engine was.

btw: as a sidenote, you cannot void your warranty by modifying your car. This is a common misconception. The dealership is still legally required to honor your warranty in full, minus the aftermarket parts youv'e installed which have their own seperate warranties.

So if you had nitrous and were drag racing, and you blew your engine, but simultaneously developed a stuck sunroof, the dealer is required to fix the sunroof under warranty. A lot of places will argue and try to make it sound like you're in the wrong. That's illegal.

I know a guy who installed an Injen CAI on his eclipse GSX, and a week later blew out the rear Diff. The dealer told him his warranty was voided b/c of the intake's added power which must've blown the rear diff. He sued, he won. Besides can you imagine 8 extra horses blowing a differential? Shit i get 12 extra horses in just the temperature drop from summer to winter.

well...thats assuming you dont have anything 'illegal' on your car...then you still have to go to a 'private inspection station' to get the sticker done...thank god at least in nj its good for 2 years though...

Bern

Originally posted by berniec

well...thats assuming you dont have anything 'illegal' on your car...then you still have to go to a 'private inspection station' to get the sticker done...thank god at least in nj its good for 2 years though...

Bern

:( yeah. at least you didn't have the mechanics stick the probe in the tailpipe, rev the car and watch a 3 foot flame incinerate it.

Then wait 45 minutes while they swapped the probe, mumbling the whole time about how illegal this car is and how they shouldn't pass it no matter how much i pay them.

grrrr. fucking dirty twisted backpeddling mechanics.

Originally posted by cintron

:( yeah. at least you didn't have the mechanics stick the probe in the tailpipe, rev the car and watch a 3 foot flame incinerate it.

Then wait 45 minutes while they swapped the probe, mumbling the whole time about how illegal this car is and how they shouldn't pass it no matter how much i pay them.

grrrr. fucking dirty twisted backpeddling mechanics.

Hahaha. thats awesome! I do all my work on my car, along with the rest of the cars in my family. But getting an inspection done isn't up to me.

On a side note i have gotten shit from a mitsu dealership in NJ(not where i bought my car) because i lowered my car. I've been experiencing a tick(only when changing direction or shifting hard) from the front left wheel well which is caused by the axle-CV area. Once they realized i have 'modified' the suspension they told me they will not continue unless I agree to pay for the diagnosis. The dick wanted to call Mitsubishi and ask them if they will cover it under warranty. But only after they spend time diagnosing it... so i could get screwed. I'm gonna check out the dealership in CT where i got the car and play dumb.