Clubplanet Nightlife Community

complaints about JP's music.....

THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO START DRAMA SO DON"T TURN THIS INTO A DRAMA THREAD......

there are a lot of people who complain about JP playing crap...etc....but I don't know how much weight it holds.....

I was in the bathroom during Luz Divina - Free and i saw a buddy of mine who told me he hated the Luz tracks and he liked tracks like GTI and Manufactory.....personally I would rather hear Luz's voice on that system than anything else...and I would be completely happy with a whole night of vocals.....on the other hand, some prefer tech.....its hard to please everyone

especially since there are people coming and going at all hours....

so for the SF fans on this board.....what is it that gets you going the most? Vocals? Tech? Tribal?

for me its vocals, and hard house with a thundering bassline (Waiting, Skank, GTI, Free, etc)

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO START DRAMA SO DON"T TURN THIS INTO A DRAMA THREAD......

there are a lot of people who complain about JP playing crap..? Tribal?

for me its vocals, and hard house with a thundering bassline (Waiting, Skank, GTI, Free, etc)

BG

Its all about the tribal:cool:

personally JP's music is incredible lately... he's getting his old style back later in the night and alot f SF newbies dont understand that which is why i noticed that people i have seen in SF 4 years ago are coming back and the people i saw in SF 8 months ago are leaving... i mean who is 1 person to judge whether his music is good.. or wether tribal is better then deep house.. i mean its all about personally preference... :) hehe

don't ask what the hell my point is.. cause i forgot what it was 10 minutes ago :) happy dancing everyone

(if anyone can make sense outta what i just wrote, please let me know ;))

i guess that's what happens at 5:05 am ;)

i got your point.....but I am not in a position to judge

I just don't get why people complain so much about his style.....I agree, a lot of the music I don't care for but that happens to me wherever I go....when i go to SF, its a treat for me, and half the time, I'm not even paying attention to the music because I'm talking to somebody or I'm just enjoying my mangledness......and then when he turns it up a notch, I get into the music

you have to respect the variety of music he plays.......

BG

Good thread. I kinda like when JP tweaks some of the tribal...adding oodles of effects and beats and shit. On the other hand, I also am in love with any Luz track, Like a Prayer, and even some of the older SF vocals like Idol. If i had to choose....it would be keep it tech nically tribal early on....close it out with some smoove vocals. Most of the time he'll do this..but some times his timing is off. Whatever the case may be...to each is own. I'm sure when you're hatin a certain group of songs...someone else is lovin 'em. :D

i guess that's what happens at 5:05 am ;)

i got your point.....but I am not in a position to judge

I just don't get why people complain so much about his style.....I agree, a lot of the music I don't care for but that happens to me wherever I go....when i go to SF, its a treat for me, and half the time, I'm not even paying attention to the music because I'm talking to somebody or I'm just enjoying my mangledness......and then when he turns it up a notch, I get into the music

you have to respect the variety of music he plays.......

BG

i've been there almost every weekend.... i definitely appreciate his style...

the thing that i dont understand is... why people HATE him so much and can't stand his music... and talk crazy shit... and i still see them there every weekend.... ???

i read but only post once in a while on the music board

i dont like the board as much....a lot of shit talkers

CP = non SF elitists

JPE = SF elitists

BG

I take it you post on JP's forum also.... what's your name on there?

SF forum shit talkers? naaaaa not anymore!

Originally posted by rachel1997

I take it you post on JP's forum also.... what's your name on there?

SF forum shit talkers? naaaaa not anymore!

i am ibclubbin on all boards....i only post in the music section over there though

BG

Originally posted by djsrox

SF is Bellas home. How many years have you been there? I had to stop going to SF and try to get a life. It took way tooooooooooo much out of me.

LOL do i know u or something

i've been going since dec. of 98 ...... took like a 4-6 month break (from sat. night) in 2001 because of the whole under 21 thingy... :) but i dont think ever missed more then 2 weekends in a row other then that 4 - 6 period