Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do You "Fall In Love" Too Easily???

aboyfrombklyn

I don't. And that's why I can fairly safely say that I'm in the exact opposite category. Won't let myself fall in love even if I should. I think I'm starting to equilibriate a bit and get back on a normal schedule when it comes to that kind of stuff, but in the meantime I'm probably still too jaded...

i dont think falling in love should be a test of time... i think that it happens naturally.... u cant help who u fall in love with... and whether that person feels the same or not, is just something that comes along with relationships... i mean... if a person falls in love with his/her bf or gf after like... a month, who can say that its not true love? or who can say that the relationship isnt strong? im not one to believe in love at 1st sight... b/c i do believe that love does take time to develop but... 2 people can become EXTREMELY close over a short period of time... it depends on the people involved.... just to say that 2 people fell in love after a year means that their relationship is stronger than a couple who fell in love after 2 mths isnt right... IMO. i mean.

Originally posted by brickhouse

I don't. And that's why I can fairly safely say that I'm in the exact opposite category. Won't let myself fall in love even if I should. I think I'm starting to equilibriate a bit and get back on a normal schedule when it comes to that kind of stuff, but in the meantime I'm probably still too jaded...

same.

It's funny. I started hanging out with this girl from work around 2 weeks ago and I already feel really close to her, something I'm trying not to let happen too much since I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. We both agreed that we don't want to jump into anything, but then we've been hanging out so much and I wound up sleeping in the same bed with her 4 nights this past week. I'm trying to spend some time focusing on myself, but it's like we've known each other for so long (something she said) and we're having a great time together. Sometimes I think why I shouldn't just let things happen.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

It's funny. I started hanging out with this girl from work around 2 weeks ago and I already feel really close to her, something I'm trying not to let happen too much since I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. We both agreed that we don't want to jump into anything, but then we've been hanging out so much and I wound up sleeping in the same bed with her 4 nights this past week. I'm trying to spend some time focusing on myself, but it's like we've known each other for so long (something she said) and we're having a great time together. Sometimes I think why I shouldn't just let things happen.

This sounds good for you. I would advise not to take things too fast, for they can backfire~

This sounds like the age old question of liking -someone -a lot- but -not -willing -to -give -it -your -all -b/c -you've -been -hurt- in -the -past type scenario.

I've personally been hurt b4, so i've learned not to get too close physically right away. But over time, you can tell if the love is real or just "temporary bliss"

Time is the answer

Originally posted by gmccookny

This sounds good for you. I would advise not to take things too fast, for they can backfire~

This sounds like the age old question of liking -someone -a lot- but -not -willing -to -give -it -your -all -b/c -you've -been -hurt- in -the -past type scenario.

I've personally been hurt b4, so i've learned not to get too close physically right away. But over time, you can tell if the love is real or just "temporary bliss"

Time is the answer

I think you're right. This girl is such a sweetheart. She said she felt like she has known me forever, this coming from a girl who crawls up in my arms after she kisses me because she's embarassed.

Like everyone in this world, she has some problems of her own. Her friend is obsessed with her. He wants her, but she doesn't feel that way toward him at all. He torments her, but she hasn't done anything about it until now. Maybe we're good for each other, but I'm learning that I cannot make her problems mine.

I'm trying not to have any expectations so I won't be disappointed. If anything, I'll just have another great person in my life, something I need.

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

I think you're right. This girl is such a sweetheart. She said she felt like she has known me forever, this coming from a girl who crawls up in my arms after she kisses me because she's embarassed.

Like everyone in this world, she has some problems of her own. Her friend is obsessed with her. He wants her, but she doesn't feel that way toward him at all. He torments her, but she hasn't done anything about it until now. Maybe we're good for each other, but I'm learning that I cannot make her problems mine.

I'm trying not to have any expectations so I won't be disappointed. If anything, I'll just have another great person in my life, something I need.

Yes, i hear you on all of that, ABFB.

I'm with someone now, and i used to make her problems mine, but what a mistake :eek:

It's so tough. Lately she's been asking for space, and she still has questions about who she is and our relationship. I have told her i love her :gulp: , but she either tells me "She likes me a lot" or "she's just not sure"

Im also playing the time game, but i can't help but be open to meet other people at the same time. She's already told me at times that she's not ready for a relationship, so i either have to deal with it, or try to keep this thing going :confused:

:beer: to getting by tough times

Originally posted by dgmodel

you only fall in love once... and every other time you thought you did... is just one more piece in the puzzle... and unfortunatley enough you cant see what the puzzle is until its finish...

I'll agree with you to a certain extent. Although I think a person can fall in love many times, there is that one "true" love that you will spend the rest of your life with. Thats what I believe anyway. Personally I havent fallen in love yet. I have been in relationships where I've cared deeply for the other person but I never loved them. It sometimes scares me to think that I havent loved someone yet........:(

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Although I think a person can fall in love many times, there is that one "true" love that you will spend the rest of your life with.

True love doesn't necesserally mean that you'll end up spending the rest of your life with them. Your true love might've already past. You associate your lifelong partner with your true love, but it might turn out totally different.

I don't know peeps, I stopped believing in true love bs, I either end up getting hurt or even worse hurt somebody else. so my heart is fucking closed and I stand alone until i can convince myself otherwise.

I dont fall into love so easily there are many steps and tests that a person needs to pass, and time is an important issue in this as well. I dont have a set time limit, I sort of just go with the flow and if it happens then it happens. :idea:

Originally posted by linabina

i dont think falling in love should be a test of time... i think that it happens naturally.... u cant help who u fall in love with... and whether that person feels the same or not, is just something that comes along with relationships... i mean... if a person falls in love with his/her bf or gf after like... a month, who can say that its not true love? or who can say that the relationship isnt strong? im not one to believe in love at 1st sight... b/c i do believe that love does take time to develop but... 2 people can become EXTREMELY close over a short period of time... it depends on the people involved.... just to say that 2 people fell in love after a year means that their relationship is stronger than a couple who fell in love after 2 mths isnt right... IMO. i mean.

I agree with you.