Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fridays need to be wiped out of the work week

Does anyone here honestly do any real substantial work on Fridays? Occassionally I will do a few things, but nothing compared to other weekdays. The people in my office sit around and bullshit all day about their plans for the weekend. Half of them come in a few hours late and then leave early. So why the hell do we have to come in on Fridays anyway? We need to wipe this day out of the work week. Anyone else agree?

Originally posted by roha3000

Does anyone here honestly do any real substantial work on Fridays? Occassionally I will do a few things, but nothing compared to other weekdays. The people in my office sit around and bullshit all day about their plans for the weekend. Half of them come in a few hours late and then leave early. So why the hell do we have to come in on Fridays anyway? We need to wipe this day out of the work week. Anyone else agree?

I've been working since i got on the train this morning and I'll be working until god knows when and probably over the weekend.

can we add a work day?

:cry:

Obviously if you are getting paid by the hour it makes sense to stick around and make some more cash. But for those people on salary, there is no motivation whatsoever.

Unless of course, you fall under the category of publishing whore and are constantly being made a tool of by your manager and refuse to do anything about it but cry.

Obviously if you are getting paid by the hour it makes sense to stick around and make some more cash. But for those people on salary, there is no motivation whatsoever.

well yeah. most of the company empties out by 230 on friday. hell, all of HR is gone by 12.

Unless of course, you fall under the category of publishing whore and are constantly being made a tool of by your manager and refuse to do anything about it but cry.

set salaries can be good and bad..i can call out as much as i want and i think id still get paid the same..but then when theres massive work to do..and im here til 8 i wish i was gettin paid by the hr

many of the people in my office are on summer flex hours, meaning they don't have to come in every other friday.

so i came in today hoping i could go through yet another day doing nothing but there are tons of people here today, all doing work. :(

Dude I really like your idea.

If you have a plan on how to get that accomplished then;

I hear by nominate RoHa3000 for the next presidential election.

Originally posted by bogb

Dude I really like your idea.

If you have a plan on how to get that accomplished then;

I hear by nominate RoHa3000 for the next presidential election.

I think i mentioned this in a thread a while back. I brought up the idea of shortening the work week in a team meeting. No one took me seriously. I also said we should simply pick a weekday from the calendar and remove it. Our calendar should be a 6 day week. 4 days work, 2 days weekend. People would be so much more productive because they get their relaxation time sooner resulting in more rested workers. I don't know why us lazy asses can't just band together and get a motion like this taken seriously.

I think it's crazy that we all created this for ourselves---having to work like slaves to make money and then feed the economy by spending it. It's a vicious cycle. I wish that I had a weekday off just so I could do my errands. Stores are too busy on the weekends. There's no escaping the masses.

hmmm....i actually like the idea of 7 day week but 4 day work week. Thing is, your 3rd day should rotate: monday, tuesday, wed, etc. that way you get two 3-day weekends each month plus a couple of weekdays off to get shit done like errands and crap. having to do that stuff on the weekend really sux!!!

i'd work 4 ten hour days to get 3 days off.

(if i had a job of course)

I'd like to be able to choose every week which extra day I'd like to take off. That way I could check out different parties if I wanted to. If I wanted to go to Coal, I'd take Thursday off. Stay late @ Homegrown? Take Wednesday off. Etc. Just thinking about that makes me pissed off that I'm sitting here in the office doing NOTHING.

:direct: Ron fo' prez!!!!! :rock: