Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is it called a "Happy Waitress?"

ok...picture this... its 5am... your drunk, comming down, worn out from dancing, or just hungry... so you hit your favorite diner... open the menu which you probably have memorized cause every diner has the same frigging one!!! you think.. "oh, that looks good!" ill have a happy waitress!!!

but what is it about Grilled cheese and bacon that wakes a waitress so damn happy??? does anyone know why it is called this???

ok i know this is a stupid question, but after my long weekend, you tend to get delirious and ask stupid things...:idea:

Originally posted by themcmattyc

ok...picture this... its 5am... your drunk, comming down, worn out from dancing, or just hungry... so you hit your favorite diner... open the menu which you probably have memorized cause every diner has the same frigging one!!! you think.. "oh, that looks good!" ill have a happy waitress!!!

but what is it about Grilled cheese and bacon that wakes a waitress so damn happy??? does anyone know why it is called this???

ok i know this is a stupid question, but after my long weekend, you tend to get delirious and ask stupid things...:idea:

My friends and I have sometimes wondered the same thing....:confused:

i have a freind who is greek & of course his family owns a diner. So i posed the question to him about the happy waitress, so he could shed some light onto this dilema. many years ago, there was "mom & pop" type of diner in Hollywood CA where all the celebs used to go. There was a waitress there that everyone said had one of the most dnyamic personalites ever & of course also was one of the "Happiest" people ever. The diners specialty was grilled chees & bacon. So everyone would refer to it as the place with the happy waitress that served gill chees & bacon sandwiches. so for short, they would say "lets get a happy waitress".......... hope this helps.

Originally posted by tommyarmani

i have a freind who is greek & of course his family owns a diner. So i posed the question to him about the happy waitress, so he could shed some light onto this dilema. many years ago, there was "mom & pop" type of diner in Hollywood CA where all the celebs used to go. There was a waitress there that everyone said had one of the most dnyamic personalites ever & of course also was one of the "Happiest" people ever. The diners specialty was grilled chees & bacon. So everyone would refer to it as the place with the happy waitress that served gill chees & bacon sandwiches. so for short, they would say "lets get a happy waitress".......... hope this helps.

LOl......I can't believe you just explained that!!!!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by themcmattyc

Whenever I order that from the waitress shirly at the menlo park diner she always says "here I am". Every time!

test it out one night.

Originally posted by tommyarmani

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO UMMMMMMMM! :screwy: