Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT: The Sweet Smell of Honeysuckle

phatman

Growing up, there were honeysuckles that grew across the street from our house. My sisters and I would run over when they were in bloom and try to get the one little drop of nectar each flower held..one drop that was just soooo good....good enough to make you stand there and work another drop out of another flower...

Not only are they tasty, but the smell Honeysuckles gives off is just as sweet. Yesterday when leaving the office, the wind carried that familiar smell to my nose and it could do nothing but make me smile, inside and out.

Hope you all smell or taste something that sweet today...:)

Originally posted by phatman

Growing up, there were honeysuckles that grew across the street from our house. My sisters and I would run over when they were in bloom and try to get the one little drop of nectar each flower held..one drop that was just soooo good....good enough to make you stand there and work another drop out of another flower...

oh...so were you guys the little kids running around the fields in the beginning of LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRE????? lol....ok, dumb joke...couldn't resist though...

My fav scent is that of home made chocolate...My aunt owns a kick ass candy store ((in Garfield)) and I always remember when we were little, they used to take us back there and the aroma was just unbelieveable...Even now when I go in there...I so feel like a little kid again, and want to go in the back where all the tasty morsels are created.....

YUM.....I WANT CHOCOLATE NOW!!!!! :tongue:

I loved Honeysuckles back when i was in elementary school.

I would suck those babies till the recess bell rang

hehhe, i also used to try and sell them to people who didn't know where they were or how valuable they were: ONE BUCK A SUCK :tongue: