Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why is this site so fucken slow???

Originally posted by somebitch

does anyone else think this site is ridiculously slow lately?? im on a t1 and i can hardly wait for pages to load. as if thats not bad enough, that stupid absolut vodka ad pops up everytime i refresh.

:blown:

I have the same problem and I'm on T1 also.:blown:

. . . hmm. . I don't think the pipe is the issue here . . . I have problems connecting at work during the day, but when I get home in the evening, everything seems fine . . .

Yall gotta remember that the load on the Dbase that holds CP is enormous during the day. Add the load on the area's networks into play and one can see how the system would slow down . .

. . I still think it's the load on the database that's causing the problem though, maybe upgrading the hardware it's served on would help . . .

The vBulletin website says MySQL for the backend. They may very well be using this.

Originally posted by hoke

Yeah, that's my guess. It only happens during peak hours.

Anyone know what the backend is? (Watch it turn out to be a frickin' MS Access database using an ODBC-less connection.)

Originally posted by somebitch

yeah OKAY. hook me up with the hardware ill make it happen ;)

. . done. . lemmie get my checkbook . . one thing though, you gotta promise none of it will end up in your house, conveniently clustered with the "evidence" notebook . . ;) . . .

Originally posted by joeg

CP IS RUN OFF OF A TOASTER

:)

Actually its run of four servers two on windows 2000 server and the other two on some flavor of linux, I think DAVe is using Compaq's and he is running off of 1 T1 LINE ( it ain't t3's) so its not gonna run as fast... Not to mention the amount of pictures, advertisements, everyones sigs, and those damn smileys, all takes time to load.. I agree better hardware might speed up the system as well as upgrading the flavors of linux. But im no SYS admin so what do I know :laugh:

Originally posted by usa

this site is fucking slow because this site is used by too many fucking losers at the same time. seriously people get a life. im on wheelchair so i cant get out often.

. . . you're telling US to get a life . . when your incessant rambling about terror mongering hamsters from Venus by-way-of the middle east was partly responsible for the creation of a new FORUM??? . . . please jackass, spare me the spiel, I can get that at Disney . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . you're telling US to get a life . . when your incessant rambling about terror mongering hamsters from Venus by-way-of the middle east was partly responsible for the creation of a new FORUM??? . . . please jackass, spare me the spiel, I can get that at Disney . . .

LOL! Dude... this just occurred to me:

"USA" + wheelchair = ... Ron Kovic! :idea:

Originally posted by rdancer

Actually its run of four servers two on windows 2000 server and the other two on some flavor of linux, I think DAVe is using Compaq's and he is running off of 1 T1 LINE ( it ain't t3's) so its not gonna run as fast... Not to mention the amount of pictures, advertisements, everyones sigs, and those damn smileys, all takes time to load.. I agree better hardware might speed up the system as well as upgrading the flavors of linux. But im no SYS admin so what do I know :laugh:

:laugh2: