Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Roger Sanchez = Commercial Crap!!

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

HIS CRAP IS ALL ON THE RADIO, DOESN'T EVEN GET PLAYED AT THE CLUBS ANYMORE..... HES ON THE RADIO 24/7 NOW.....:blown:

PS MASI YOUR MIX OF NO DOUBT IS MUCH BETTER THEN HIS CRAP.... HIS IS COMMERCIAL AT ITS WORST...... :blown:

thought u like commercial radio?.....& u do like some of his "Neanderthal" productions?....& have u heard his HeartBreaka Mix of Timo Maas's - ShapeShifter<<-- by far his best mix of 2002 & a huge club tune..........he does produce some commercial cheese such as his No Doubt & now his Alicia Keys - Butterfly....which is aimed for radio play.....Thats why i listen to Opie & Anthony...no music stations for me....burn ur fav Cds & funk that radio shit...& ya won't wanna throw your car radio out of ur mustang...IMO

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by dog6

thought u like commercial radio?.....& u do like some of his "Neanderthal" productions?....& have u heard his HeartBreaka Mix of Timo Maas's - ShapeShifter<<-- by far his best mix of 2002 & a huge club tune..........he does produce some commercial cheese such as his No Doubt & now his Alicia Keys - Butterfly....which is aimed for radio play.....Thats why i listen to Opie & Anthony...no music stations for me....burn ur fav Cds & funk that radio shit...& ya won't wanna throw your car radio out of ur mustang...IMO

well your partly right, my point, is this board hyped this guy as as some great dj and producer. but now he is just crap... you obviously listen to a ton of tracks, but for the avg joe smoe he is an another dj encore... the differece is dj encore was never hyped as a top notch dj or producer...RS was... I tried to get shapshifter a while ago, I could never find it, I'll try and download it and I'll put my honest review up.... People made this guy out to be a genious, which we all know he ain't........

Originally posted by saleen351

well your partly right, my point, is this board hyped this guy as as some great dj and producer. but now he is just crap... you obviously listen to a ton of tracks, but for the avg joe smoe he is an another dj encore... the differece is dj encore was never hyped as a top notch dj or producer...RS was... I tried to get shapshifter a while ago, I could never find it, I'll try and download it and I'll put my honest review up.... People made this guy out to be a genious, which we all know he ain't........

True....I personally can't stand hypeing up Djs.....as ur statement is he is just crap....maybe 50% of what he puts out maybe that is true....I think he is at his best when he does his harder tribal mixes under "S-Man & Neanderthal"...all what ur into.....I may like some Sanchez....but hate some Dj Encore....to each his own

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by dog6

True....I personally can't stand hypeing up Djs.....as ur statement is he is just crap....maybe 50% of what he puts out maybe that is true....I think he is at his best when he does his harder tribal mixes under "S-Man & Neanderthal"...all what ur into.....I may like some Sanchez....but hate some Dj Encore....to each his own

True that....

hey turn off O&A and put on the Radio Factor, he just called Michael jackson a Freak!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

I have to disagree with you. Roger Sanchez has been around for many, many years. "Another Chance" IMO, was the song of last summer. His production is top notch, although Im not feelin butterflies or Hella Good too much. His essential mix on Radio one a month ago was pretty good, and his Neanderthal mix of Kylie's in your eyes was the best mix of that song...again, to each their own.

Fliz

Another chance was a number one single in both Australia and the U.K. A lot of dj's/producers have singles in the top 40 in both the U.K and Australia and throughout Asia and Europe. I saw him dj in Melbourne Australia about 5 years ago and it was a great night.

Not seen him lately apart from being on video hits shows. His style of music here would be played at tourist clubs ie clubs which attract a lot of amercian tourists.

Club music is mainstream music just about throughout the whole world apart from the U.S. Unfortunatly a lot of people see a dj in the top 40 charts and see this as selling out. DJ'S/ producers also need to make money to expand their art and also to support themselves.

If you produced a track and a record company asked you to travel the world to promote it are you saying you wouldnt do it?

Perhaps he is not crap but that your music taste has changed and you no longer enjoy his genre of music.

Either way I think I would rather see a track by roger sanchez in the top 40 rather than some silly rock group in their mid 20's singing about an ex girlfriend back in high school.

cheers Zade