Clubplanet Nightlife Community

rant

Just gotta make this plain...

Watched the drugs=supporting terrorism commercial for the nth time and it just pisses me off to no end. If you haven't seen it, it's this montage of various children and teens saying things like "I killed my mother/ father etc" and it all ends with a voiceover saying if you buy illegal drugs you are supporting international terrorism.

First let me say that I'm not a big drug user and that we all know irresponsible use of drugs will eventually result in some serious physiological consequences, like listening to Celine Dion.

That being said, for the anti-drug people to take devastating tragedies like 9/11 or suicide bombings and then have the sheer audacity to say that some kid buying a joint or dropping a tab is responsible is not only seriously unethical but absolutely false.

Where are terrorists harbored, educated, trained?? The Middle East!! What is the main (only) source of wealth in Middle Eastern countries? That's right, class; OIL!! And the United States is the number one consumer, three times greater than the average use in European countries. We buy it, we need it. It's what Desert Storm was about.

Last time I checked, Northern California and Oregon pot growers weren't giving any flight lessons, and Mexico and Columbia want the US to grow RICHER as they can then sell more drugs.

Stop this bulls**t about drugs and terrorism and be honest about it. Run an ad or print up a T-shirt with a Mobil Logo on it or a big oil tanker. Then put the motto "I Support International Terrorism"

How about some honesty for awhile...

yeah, thats a common method that some agencies use in order to get their message across: by fear.

when the AIDS epidemic started almost every commercial out there was made in the same fashion. through time, public health people have had the chance to evaluate the different approaches to get their message across effectivily and the fear approach has been shown to not work.

i've seen the commercial a couple of times, but i recall that alot of people in the NY talked about and all agreed that it sucked. go figure how much $$$ they used to develop the commercial and at the end it might have negative results.

I'm personally offended by those "Truth" commercials too! I don't smoke, haven't smoked for years, however every time I see one of those ads I want to go out and buy a pack of cigarettes!

Listen- by now everyone knows smoking is bad and a major health risk, but you don't have use this blatent in your face- shock advertising to scare people away from using tobacco! :mad:

Bro, I completley agree with you.

If that BULLSHIT commercial is true, then that SLAPDICK

Pres. Bush supported terrorism back in his coke fueled

college days. Fuck that nigga Bush,

now he wants to plunge us into a war with Iraq.

Doesnt he know that eventually that asshole Hussien

is gonna die, just like Castro its only a matter of time.

:hang: PEACE!!!!!

sebastianxy:

:jawdrop::clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

you left me speechless, except to say that that's an old ad that they're rerunning, as far as i can tell. so, yes, they are putting it out especially after 9/11, which has left an especially putrid taste in my mouth.